It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not having anything in common with anyone almost ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Think of something you have done at some point in your life that made you feel good about yourself.
Can you do something like that once more?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think we all share your pain in some way or another, the only person you can ever fully understand is yourself.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
While I am very happy you feel accepted here, i am truly sorry this is the exception to the rule. Do you have any particular dedicated hobbies or deep interests that you could potentially connect with someone over?
Or maybe a love of something utterly mundane, live True Crime podcasts or Star Wars?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
And even then, it usually takes a good 40-50 years to really get a good handle on that.

a reply to: Grenade

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy
What you really are is the witnessing presence.......no thing to understand.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Except yourself
a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I can 100% relate... that being said, I sleep more soundly at night and feel good about my purpose/position in this world on a daily basis staying steadfast in my resolve, even if I don't have others who see things similarly

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Except yourself

The witnessing presence can't be understood.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm guessing most people can relate I question if they would though! Lol

Some awesome advice so far. We can control our emotions and I'd like to think it's easier if you live in the present, living in the past or the future rarely ever affects the present in a positive way.

What age group are you?

Why do you feel like you're awkward in social situations?

Most people aren't really, it's usually the shameless and the bumbling buffoons that's problematic and the latter are often loved especially the authentic ones. Communication is a practiced art though. Having social anxiety problems when I was younger I was often observant which helped in the realisation that most idle chat with strangers is mind numbingly boring anyways, the reason is probably everyone has a bit of social anxiety.

Contentedness is super important in life, it brings stability that'll reflect onto all aspects of your life. Not saying you should love yourself but you should probably love something you do.

Or to put it another way. Do what you do with love and you'll soon love what you do... Start a hobby maybe? Somebody mentioned volunteering... Both can put you into social groups that tend to be friendly to newcomers.

I definitely don't get the "menace of society" vibe from you so I think you'll do ok! Lol. We have comfort zones for a reason but we can stagnate if we don't push the boundaries now and then. Social interaction is pretty damn important for mental health and general well-being, those anxieties, social cues and awkwardness are 100% human and there's natural desire to express.

There's probably support groups etc in your area too, no shame in using them if needs be. Don't deny yourself life.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
But the observed can, with enough time.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Adopt rats! An appreciation of rodents means that you have something in common with quite a few people. Perhaps volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue organization. You will soon find that there are people out there that share your interests- all you have to do is put yourself in a situation where that is possible.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
I've always been the loner & "odd-ball". From a child I spent much of my time researching & self teaching myself, rather than asking someone why or how something works. Although now with the internet, it's WAY easier than looking things up at the library! Like you I have no other social media acct's other than this & I sure don't feel I'm missing out on anything from those other "look at me" social media's. I am a member of a hurricane forum, but that's strictly for weather info, not socializing. I wouldn't feel silly at all, or compare yourself to others! Not everyone was born to be a social butterfly. You are you, and I'm sure there are a number of unique & interesting aspects to your life, even if they are "different" than most!

Wow this thread blew up! Thanks guys , I always feel warmly accepted here

& GlobalGold thank you for your reply

Yes, I suppose I'm a loner as well. If I'm not with my mom I'm mostly by myself at home .Avoiding social interactions probably for peace & quiet

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Wow this thread blew up! Thanks guys , I always feel warmly accepted here

& GlobalGold thank you for your reply

Yes, I suppose I'm a loner as well. If I'm not with my mom I'm mostly by myself at home .Avoiding social interactions probably for peace & quiet

Being a unique introvert is one of the greatest human assets imo.

You owe yourself a quiet grin my friend.

There are plenty of us here. That's why we're here.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

I feel you. And don't really have much to say about it. Just...waiting here, myself too. There are many of us just being/ suffering patience lately. We're not alone...but thinly scattered, I think.
Yes, it doesn't help with what's going on in the world with the plandemic and not experiencing any understanding/agreement with those nearest and dearest. My mom and brother are right-wing , but not awake.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: ancientlight
Can anyone relate?
Looking back at my life , I feel so alienated from everyone.

It's just so depressing and feels more depressing the older I get!
I feel invisible , I feel alien, I feel alone , I feel old

I feel I'm ugly and just ugh . I don't know just needing to reflect as this site is the only social media site where I post anything at all ever.
At times I don't feel human, why am I so awkward in social situations?
I sound silly for someone my age, but my life also hasn't changed in more than a decade.
I'm at a standstill and a dead end.

I have nothing in common with anyone I know , except my ex but that's not very useful.
I don't have pet though I'd love to get some fancy rats again
circumstances have prevented me so far.

I don't know , just another lonely weekend ,fading away.
blah.

Here I feel I can be myself at least. Elsewhere I'd put up a front but here I feel accepted

A lot of negatives packed in there.

And far too many of them are self-referential.

Are you sure have so little in common with others? Or are you "wearing" the distortions you think fit you because that has become the way you experience your commonality with the rest of the world?

When you are unique, when you recognize the power of your own uniqueness, the Universe "pushes back against you" to test your perception. It tells you that you cannot be unique, you are just part of the whole. If you were unique, you would not "accepted".

But of course, everyone IS unique; that is one thing we all have in common.

Most just haven't realized it yet.

Because, as you are experiencing, it can be uncomfortable.
I know I'm not 100% 'unique' off course! But in my close small circle of friends/family I feel not relation to anyone. So that's the truth. We all have one thing in common here (well except zombie,carpy & a few others) that we are awake

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tropics
Everything you're describing you have in-common with every single person on the planet.

It's normal to feel invisible, alien, alone and ugly. I think it's something everyone experiences at some point.

At the end of the day, what other people think of you doesn't matter. It's not worth living with constant anxiety in order to please or relate to others.

Liberate yourself from the expectations weighing you down, stop caring what others think, and focus on the things you enjoy in life.

While there's a lot of doom and gloom on this forum, the world is a magical place, full of amazing things to see, do and experience.

I'm sure there's people who can relate with you.

I'm one of them. Nice to meet you ✌️❤️

I know , that's why I posted this and asked who can relate !
Off course I realize that , but it's never really talked about in my close circle. So here I can post and discuss these thoughts. And nice meeting you too! Your name is Tropics are you in Florida by any chance?

I do have social anxiety, or well to me it is and had been diagnosed. And that off course becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Don't focus on what you do not have, instead, focus on what you have. You have a ton of interesting topics in your head for sure.

why am I so awkward in social situations?

Ah me too sometimes, just own it and wallow in it. Enjoy it

The basics how to be seen by others, I managed to decypher... Don't look down on the ground, look around. In new environments, just stop walking and observe for a few seconds. Be open for what the day brings to you. Unlearn any sentences like "if that day already starts # like this"... Be aware of the smells, the wind, all your senses when you're out.

Embrace the day and you will see, it radiates naturally. Go to the grocery story for a try. It changes the way you interact with the world and people and other's will pick it up. It changes the way you walk and your statue, the way your spine erects changes your whole aura and perception other's get about you. I don't take myself too serious, so if it happens I am wonky and do mishaps, I just take it with humor and laugh about myself. Establish balanced eye contact.

Suddenly you will find yourself noticed and even dragged into random conversations. Also talk with cashiers, not only does it bring casual conversation that has a fixed end, it also may drag others into the conversation, most of the times with a joke. I also bring it up when there was a rude asshole in front of me and comment on that with a joke to brighten up the cashiers day.

You might not know them but next time they will remember you and if you make eye contact again, there might be a smile coming your way. The eyes tell most about a person. And you can be whoever you want anywhere, it's just in your head

Not trying to tell you what to do though, just trying to provide examples that helped me.

*hug*

Thank you ! You are always so warm and kind
I will try later what you mentioned, I will go to the grocery store as well so that works out great. Though I get more awkward the busier it gets and today is Saturday

*hug* back

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I agree with your appraisal of the OP

To the op, I wake up every day and praise God that I have another day to observe and perceive the creation.

You are God’s extension into his creation. Glory in every breath that fills your lungs and every pump of your heart.

I also have rarely felt like people are worth interacting with, it seems the concerns of most people are petty and irrelevant.

ATS being the only place I frequent online for intellectual interaction. What can I say? This place is the warm blankie for my interests.

a reply to: Mantiss2021

I can relate to the pettiness of society and many people. We are too awake for that
Thanks for your reply

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join