It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruble Trade Agreements & Major Global Shift

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And if one does take the ruble plunge as an investment, good luck getting it out of Russia as Putin has enacted capital controls to offset the sanctions. So even if you have a health profit you will not be able to cash in. Putin can’t keep it up for long, it’s all smoke and mirrors

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought that Russia is only accepting payment in Rubles, but, converted from Gold. 5000 rubles to a gram or something, so other nations give Russia gold, which they exchange into Rubles, to pay for the gas.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TTU77

That's what russia demanded, the rest of the world refused.

Everyone is paying in Dollars and Euros, for goods priced in Dollars and Euros, then russia can convert that to whatever they want inside russia.

Same as it's always been.

Except that few countries plan on renewing any russian contracts.

edit on 24-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkittlesgiveyouSkills
And if one does take the ruble plunge as an investment, good luck getting it out of Russia as Putin has enacted capital controls to offset the sanctions. So even if you have a health profit you will not be able to cash in. Putin can’t keep it up for long, it’s all smoke and mirrors
That's an interesting perspective, a waiting game.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkittlesgiveyouSkills

it’s all smoke and mirrors
How till the US dollar collapses? look at the debt clock.. And inflation..

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Everyone is paying in Dollars and Euros, for goods priced in Dollars and Euros, then russia can convert that to whatever they want inside russia.

Isn't the fact that the ruble isn't in the dirt a testament to the fact other nations are buying gas with rubles? I'm confused

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TTU77

Isn't the fact that the ruble isn't in the dirt a testament to the fact other nations are buying gas with rubles? I'm confused

Confusion is russia's objective.

russia itself is buying every ruble available to remove them from circulation, which drove their prime rate to 25%, is rapidly draining their foreign currency reserves, and crippling the russian economy.

The foreign currency russia received from recent oil payments was nearly all used by russia to purchase even more rubles to remove them from global markets in an effort to hide the fact that their currency has zero value outside of russia.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The US GDP is a little over 20 trillion each year. The closest competition is China at 12 trillion. Your boy Putin doesn’t get past 1.4 trillion. We have a ways to go before the dollar collapse’s. The US is flirting with trouble but we have yet to over extend ourselves so far that we can’t still deliver. Putins folly of the last decades is about to crash all around him.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What will you be waiting for ? Sooner or later Putin will be unable to keep it propped up and as an investor long term in the ruble it will hit even harder. It’s just a rotten investment from my perspective and from most experts

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TTU77
I thought that Russia is only accepting payment in Rubles, but, converted from Gold. 5000 rubles to a gram or something, so other nations give Russia gold, which they exchange into Rubles, to pay for the gas.

Umm - no. Example Germany: They pay Euro to the russian Gazprom Bank (which is, until now, not sanctioned) on a Euro account. Gazprom Bank then converts internally the Euro to Ruble and forwards it into the russian economy. This way, the official sanctions are being followed, Russia gets the Rubles - and both parties save their faces.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: FamCore

by the sources I included), literally millions will freeze to death and entire economies will screech to a halt.

That might likely happen if EU/US push for a oil ban unfortunately.
This will hurt the EU/US more.

Yes, that is true ... for now. However, most European countries will replace gas by other means in the medium run (eg. Poland has reached 100% by now and has now cancelled the gas import from Russia, Germany has reduced from 40% to 30% in the recent months and aims at 0% by 2024/5).
Russia will earn nice money this year, next year and maybe another few years - but in the end, it has to sell its gas and oil elsewhere (considering there are, by then, countries with enough money and demand to buy it...) - and build the means to do so in the mean time.

Without a question, Russia has done so much more for the switch to gas-free energy consumption than all of the green parties within the last 20 years. :-)

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Why would I want to listen to you?
Why should I care what you say re trade agreements and finance, be genuinely interested your background

As for the Ruble, I think Russia was ready for all this and it seems unknowingly, mostly the west played along to the Russian tune.
No energy to run industry, no food to feed their citizens the ruble seems to have the capacity to only get stronger

Nice article

Thanks Raggedyman - I'm not a credentialed or professional economist/geopolitical expert or anything like that, but am intrigued by the global financial markets and implications these things have on my own financial situation, so I research these topics daily. I simply want to present the facts and share insights with others because I believe these dynamics will have important implications for citizens of many nations, including my own.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Study central banking, it's not difficult.

What's difficult is getting anyone to trade their own currency at those ridiculously inflated exchange rates, which russia has been unable to do.

Have a look at reality, it's not difficult. Perhaps unpleasant, but not difficult.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ummm...Yessir...

www.rt.com...

The Russian ruble has eclipsed 31 major currencies in growth since the start of 2022, becoming the globe’s best-performing currency, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.

In light of the above...perhaps the west might reconsider the effectiveness of their rush to sanctions at the drop of a hat...

It's obvious to anyone not swallowing the entire cloth of western MSM and MIC/three letters propaganda...that Russia out performed and also out maneuvered the sanction regimes and outright theft of foreign currency holdings.

It's not difficult to see the significance of how Russia prepared for these sanctions...and then implemented those preparations...

the amazing part is that no one in the west could foresee the route Russia might take...and the harmful effect to their own economies...

It reminds me of the recent Davos comments By Ursula Van Der Lyon...in which on one hand she stated that the EU was divesting itself of Russian energy supplies...and moments later accused Russia of energy blackmail...

It's certainly a fascinating process to watch unfold...

YouSir

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Thanks as always YouSir, I had missed your thread on ruble strength from 12 days ago but just flagged/starred accordingly
Indeed, it is a paradigm shift in the way many, many countries and large economies may start to operate moving forward. Moving from a unipolar world (with the USD used primarily for all commodity trades/agreements, to other currencies being used for such trade).

Appreciate the commentary & links!

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

What's difficult is getting anyone to trade their own currency at those ridiculously inflated exchange rates, which russia has been unable to do.

Have a look at reality, it's not difficult. Perhaps unpleasant, but not difficult.

I have.

Unlike russia, I actually spend most of my time here in reality.

In reality, russia is using it's foreign exchange reserves to purchase massive quantities of it's currency to remove it from circulation, in an effort to hide the fact that it's currency no longer has any value outside of russia.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

I have.

Unlike russia, I actually spend most of my time here in reality.

In reality, russia is using it's foreign exchange reserves to purchase massive quantities of it's currency to remove it from circulation, in an effort to hide the fact that it's currency no longer has any value outside of russia.

You're awfully worried and concerned about Russia for somebody that isn't worried or concerned about Russia. Not a mention of them goes by without you interjecting and taking threads on wholes pages of off-topic nonsense and petty insults, petty insults that nobody actually cares about. The moral victory you get in your head for insulting Russia is a pavlovian response. The reply button is stimulating your dopamine receptors to fool you into thinking anybody cares what you post about Russia, while in reality everybody else is not emotionally wrapped up in this. Nobody here, except for two of you, have made this war their identity.

One would think Russia is weak enough that it doesn't require astroturfing forums across the Internet in an information war against them, but here we are unable to have adult conversations without the propaganda and tribalism.

While you watch the flourish with the Ruble, China is going to perform the majestic with the Yuan. Henry Kissinger urged Davos to end Ukraine quickly and cede land in Eastern Ukraine. Ukraine is an unwinnable war and propagandists from both sides want you to believe otherwise, just give up those sweet sweet US dollars and we'll win.

No, I'm probably not going to respond to whatever ill-conceived crap you reply with. I am not Russia nor do I control what they do. I'm quite well versed in this all and you're, well, you're you. You can have your opinion, but nobody cares if you're unable to present it like a grown-up. You'll find that it's much easier for us to have an adult discussion around you than it is making any effort to have one with you, which will happen more and more as your fabrications and pipe dreams drive your posts to complete irrelevance.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Did russia just invade a non threatening country to steal land and resources while making repeated nuke and intentional global famine threats?

Yeah, that kind of thing tends to get my full attention, regardless of who does it.

Try watching the first few minutes of this episode, he actually discusses some of the things I've said about the current state of the russian economy (through observations, not charts) and the problems russia is having trying to find willing buyers for it's oil, which it's currently pricing and selling in Dollars and Euros (as always), and selling at roughly a 50% discount in order to find willing buyers.

edit on 25-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Name a country willing to exchange it's currency for the fake ruble at the currently faked 'value'.

putin is artificially inflating the ruble's 'value' inside russia, but it's had zero effect outside of russia, where the ruble has no value.

When I was in Russia back in the 70s the Ruble was like 2 dollars to 1 Ruble, but only in Russia. Once outside the world currency they can value their money anyway they want.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Well Bloomberg, Forbes, Members of Parliament of multiple countries in the EU, and many others all disagree that the ruble has "no value" outside of Russia. Your entire comment is 100% false and easily debunked.

I dare say you are wrong! Iran can buy Russian oil with Rubles as proof...Wait...What? Never mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join