It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruble Trade Agreements & Major Global Shift

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just published my 2nd article under the "Paradise Lost Financial" moniker, and remembered that my ATS community might appreciate it as well!

Ruble Trade Agreements & Shifting Winds

paradiselost.substack.com...

The gist of it, is the ruble is the best performing currency of 2022, is 30% stronger against the dollar than it was before the Ukranian invasion, and countries all over are agreeing to buy critical Russian energy and other exports using the ruble (and therefore must have a much larger allocation to rubles in their foreign exchange reserves).

I also included 11 links to reputable sources that go into more detail.

If you enjoy, please consider subscribing to my substack (100% free) and sharing so more people see it. Currently my audience is literally like 3 people so I would really appreciate it! lol I welcome any feedback, as always!

Lastly, here is a link to my previous article (the first one I wrote), packed with charts and sources, discussing the global paradigm shift we started witnessing in the wake of the February 23 Russian invasion and subsequent sanctions/freezing hundreds of billions of Russian forex reserves/etc.:
paradiselost.substack.com...

Thanks ATS fam!

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Name a country willing to exchange it's currency for the fake ruble at the currently faked 'value'.

putin is artificially inflating the ruble's 'value' inside russia, but it's had zero effect outside of russia, where the ruble has no value.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Study central banking, it's not difficult.

What's difficult is getting anyone to trade their own currency at those ridiculously inflated exchange rates, which russia has been unable to do.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

We might be looking at the petro Ruble for a while. Until you know who pulls the plug.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

So you're sticking to your theory that all of this is false, the ruble is not actually at all valuable outside of Russia, and it's all because of the nature of central banking.

Good to know your stance, thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Nobody is paying russia in rubles at that rate.

Perhaps you missed the russian failure to force countries to pay for russian oil in rubles?

Or that russia sold the stolen Ukrainian corn harvest to ccp at extremely discounted exchange rates?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Check your sources again.

Two sources told Reuters that German gas importers have been told by Berlin they can open ruble accounts to pay for Russian gas without violating sanctions, as long as the payments they make to Gazprombank are not in the Russian currency.

It's a very shady grey zone and not what you think.

Source: www.euractiv.com...

Currently, right now as we speak, the Ruble is 0.017 to ONE(1) US Dollar.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What. A. Deal!

Yeah, sure, it's up, but still pretty worthless.

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Do you not understand the criticality of oil/energy for countries in the EU where winters can be harsh, or how many other commodities Russia exports, which foreign countries are entirely reliant upon?

if they don't (and many already are, contrary to what you claim, as demonstrated by the sources I included), literally millions will freeze to death and entire economies will screech to a halt.

edit on 23-5-2022 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

These were both well written and I subscribed. I haven't looked through all the links, but as a whole it's a pretty good snapshot.

I look forward the reading your future analysis.

Look at the Yuan as well. There's going to be heavy collaboration between China and Russia. China just made public their intention to expand BRICS to qualifying nations, with criteria being discussed.

I suspect heavy-handed diplomacy from Biden will end up having the opposite effect as intended and the economic advisors are just going along with whatever, not that we expect them to be competent. Countries that had no alternative to adhering to US and western demands will have a choice to make. I believe the more pressure the US applies the more likely some of these countries find themselves trying to get into BRICS.

It appears to me that China and Russia were both better prepared for this new global shift. We're lucky the dollar is so dominant. If not we'd be getting eaten alive already. I don't have much faith that the US will change their tactics and expect a rough couple years of trying to fit square pegs into round holes while ignoring the real problems. I believe this is the most recent and troubling sign that DC is too far removed from reality to do anything but fabricate excuses.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Great analysis and I think you’re on the money with how things will likely shape up for China/Russia and a rough several years ahead for the US. We are fortunate we have dollar hegemony (for now), infrastructure, farmland and the Atlantic and Pacific oceans on both sides, but socially and politically the country is a dumpster fire… I don’t think any honest Americans can even deny that at this point (regardless of which political leanings they may have).

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Do you not understand the criticality of oil/energy for countries in the EU where winters can be harsh, or how many other commodities Russia exports, which foreign countries are entirely reliant upon?

if they don't (and many already are, contrary to what you claim, as demonstrated by the sources I included), literally millions will freeze to death and entire economies will screech to a halt.

Do you understand that there is plenty of oil & gas in the world that doesn't belong to russia?

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Current payments are made in Dollars and Euros, for oil and gas purchases that are priced in those same Dollars and Euros, russia can convert those foreign currency purchases to whatever kind of funny money they want inside of russia.

Future payments will not be made in any currency, because those countries have decided to source their energy needs from countries other than russia as soon as possible.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

One of many examples:

Germany gets fresh criticism over its purchase of Russian natural gas:www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

One of many examples:

Germany gets fresh criticism over its purchase of Russian natural gas:www.latimes.com...

Purchased in Euros, and priced in Euros.

NOT the fictional russian exchange rates in OP.

Exactly as I've always said.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Why would I want to listen to you?
Why should I care what you say re trade agreements and finance, be genuinely interested your background

As for the Ruble, I think Russia was ready for all this and it seems unknowingly, mostly the west played along to the Russian tune.
No energy to run industry, no food to feed their citizens the ruble seems to have the capacity to only get stronger

Nice article

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Name a country willing to exchange it's currency for the fake ruble at the currently faked 'value'.

putin is artificially inflating the ruble's 'value' inside russia, but it's had zero effect outside of russia, where the ruble has no value.

The value of any fiat currency is in the creators ability to create a demand for it. If the creator can control resources that are in demand by others, they can demand the form of payment.

At that point, the buyer has three options. They could try to acquire the resources elsewhere, they could pay in the form the suppliers demand, or they can go in and take what they want by force. Any savvy buyer will select the most cost effective method.

So, many countries don't need what Russia has to offer in exchange for rubles. They don't need the oil, or the gas, or the minerals, or whatever. They don't care.

Some countries may need or want what Russia has. Their options are pay Russia's price, if they can't go in and take it, or somehow do without.

Some countries may want what Russia has and think they can go in and take it by force. It may be costly in the short term. You lose a lot of people, spend a lot of money, but what the heck. People are a renewable resource, money you just print out of thin air, and you gain control of tangible assets. Bankers would call that a solid investment.

Just don't show the coffins on television. It's bad PR. We learned that after the Vietnam War.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You should probably stick to just yammering about the war

Your hate for Russia clouds your judgement and your ability to see the reality of the situation

We also have to remember that Russia is now backing that Ruble with GOLD, which makes a huge difference

You dont seem to know much about FOREX or how these things work, so i would refrain from making such definitive assertions

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian

You should probably stick to just yammering about the war

Your hate for Russia clouds your judgement and your ability to see the reality of the situation

We also have to remember that Russia is now backing that Ruble with GOLD, which makes a huge difference

You dont seem to know much about FOREX or how these things work, so i would refrain from making such definitive assertions

russia has NOT backed the ruble for gold, try exchanging rubles for russian gold if you don't believe me.

I understand forex just fine, including the fact that there are near zero buyers of the ruble other than the russian government, meaning it has no value outside of russia, and that's after raising russian interest rates to around 25% and trying to force countries to pay for russian exports in rubles, both futile efforts to attract buyers.

There still aren't any buyers.

Therefore the ruble has no value outside of russia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join