It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruble named world's best performing currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ruble named worlds best performing currency

The Russian ruble has eclipsed 31 major currencies in growth since the start of 2022, becoming the globe’s best-performing currency, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.

In light of the above...perhaps the west might reconsider the effectiveness of their rush to sanctions at the drop of a hat...

It's obvious to anyone not swallowing the entire cloth of western MSM and MIC/three letters propaganda...that Russia out performed and also out maneuvered the sanction regimes and outright theft of foreign currency holdings.

Russian oil revenue increase

Russia’s oil revenues are up 50% this year even as trade restrictions following the invasion of Ukraine spurred many refiners to shun its supplies, the International Energy Agency said.

Obvious as well is the increase in not only revenue but also production of Russian oil despite sanction and European commitments to wean themselves from purchasing oil from those evil Russians...

With Russia now pivoting towards the east as well as Africa and South America for emerging markets...coupled with the inflationary and supply chain shortages across the sectors of production/consumption...one wonders why anyone in their right mind would support self-suffering because the PTB that will never actually suffer any personal discomfort...let alone hunger or choices between food or bills...

Personally...I think it merely reflects on individual and collective psychological angst as some appear willing to appease ideology over personal well being...

All that aside...it does cause one to reflect on the planned penchant for western leadership to destroy their own economic base...and create hardship for those they're elected or appointed to serve...

I suppose...if we haven't watered the tree of liberty with them...then we do actually get the government we deserve...and we can only reflect on blaming that person in the mirror...we truly are the arbiter of our own demise...

Meanwhile...the Russian economy rebounds...and the western economies continue their downward spiral...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe you all should exchange your dollars then?

LOL?
edit on 12-5-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Maybe you all should exchange your dollars then?

LOL?

Ummm...or...perhaps just ride the currency wave...until it under performs...

There's always a positive spin cycle...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

i rather have the feeling that the russians have been shooting themselves in the foot ten times a day for weeks now. sweden and finland are going to join nato. that's exactly what putin always wanted to avoid. now he's forced it. they're losing soldiers and a lot of heavy equipment. they're embarrassing themselves militarily to the bone. the whole thing is turning into a disaster day by day. the nazi argument no longer holds water, the threat of nuclear bombs is also starting to get boring. and at some point, the families of the dead soldiers will start asking questions. let's see if the ruble is still rolling then.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Lol... I don't think I'll be investing in Russian currency...
But feel free to do so....😂

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Forex is fun!

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well I'll tell ya Jack, it's like I have been saying all along..

Anyway...

This is all Russia's fault.

Isn't it funny that everything that comes from Russia is propaganda and yet the bankers behind the scenes are never questioned. Everything can fall apart as long as the banksters can carry on like they always have events are being manipulated to achieve a certain outcome anyway.

Nobody ever thought to question the economic news we receive?

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Lol... I don't think I'll be investing in Russian currency...
But feel free to do so....😂

Ummm...I would...if it weren't for these sanctions...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not even the sanctions...but it might be a difficult feat to change the rubles back to dollars later to get paid out...

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dude the sanctions are the excuse. Sending billions of US dollars to a foreign country is the reason.

The ‘war’ is the cover.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

edit on Thu May 12 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Russian ruble continues to strengthen against the dollar and the euro.

Dynamics of the ruble against the dollar during the year.

mainfin.ru...

The dynamics of the ruble against the dollar during the month.

mainfin.ru...

Dynamics of the ruble against the euro during the year.

mainfin.ru...

Dynamics of the ruble against the euro during the month.

mainfin.ru...

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

the rub is still less than .02 on the dollar.

1 RUB = 0.0170229 USD May 23, 2022, 20:06 UTC

RUB to USD Chart

1.00000 RUB = 0.01707 USD Mid-market exchange rate at 20:09 UTC

Russian Ruble to US Dollar Convert RUB to USD at the real exchange rate

yes sir the rub is make gigantic gains,on the euro and dollar.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't dabble in FOREX, and that goes for any currency, Euro, Yuan, anything, least of all Rubble.

But I get the sense that maybe the point of this OP has sailed over some heads so lemme jump up quickly and try to grab it.

If the point of the sanctions on the Rubble was to wipe out the Russians....but the Rubble has not actually declined in value....WTF are we doing again?? What is the point of these sanctions?!

It's just one more aspect of how this conflict is a farce, a spectacle, a sideshow.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Don't be too happy fanboys, not sustainable, it won't last

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

the rub is still less than .02 on the dollar.

1 RUB = 0.0170229 USD May 23, 2022, 20:06 UTC

RUB to USD Chart

1.00000 RUB = 0.01707 USD Mid-market exchange rate at 20:09 UTC

Russian Ruble to US Dollar Convert RUB to USD at the real exchange rate

yes sir the rub is make gigantic gains,on the euro and dollar.

At one point it was .009 USD. A person would have doubled their money had they bought it then and sold it today. That is pretty significant in a month to double your money.

It isn't about how few or how many per dollar.

As an example, the Japanese Yen is only worth 0.0078 dollars. Does that mean Japanese money is worthless against the dollar? If it reaches .015, that would be massive gains and double your money.

Sustainability and the reasons behind it may be fragile, but the gains are real. Again, I'm not saying this is good or bad, just trying to clarify how money exchange works.
edit on 23-5-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I thought about investing in it on day 1 of the conflict. I had a feeling something like what we are seeing now might happen...but I hesitated. Now I am glad I didn't because of the restrictions placed on getting money out of russia. Pretty sure you would have issues trying to exit such a position currently.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You Sir , are a Funny Guy .........*)

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Halfswede

I thought about investing in it on day 1 of the conflict. I had a feeling something like what we are seeing now might happen...but I hesitated. Now I am glad I didn't because of the restrictions placed on getting money out of russia. Pretty sure you would have issues trying to exit such a position currently.

Yeah, I personally do not play any markets, but I understand why people do. I find it interesting how it is playing out though. The world is an interesting thing.

new topics

top topics

join