It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sergei Naryshkin - About Polish claims to Western Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I can imagine.

a reply to: turretless

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Because Russia has russified Ukraine at different points in it's history, forced Ukrainians to speak Russian or brought in immigrants or forced Ukrainians out. It creates a messy situation that the whole world suffers from now.

Before writing on the forum, I recommend that you still get acquainted with the history of Ukraine closer.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I can imagine.

You can just open the map and look at the borders between Libya, Egypt, Sudan and Chad.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes that was funny. Since Ukraine is basically where the idea of a 'Russia' was born.
...he means well I guess

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yes that was funny. Since Ukraine is basically where the idea of a 'Russia' was born.
...he means well I guess

Who first came up with this idea?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I know Russian propaganda when I see it...

Third Eye?

Common sense mixed with independent thought

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Never heard of the Rus' people? 8th century onward? Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

What makes you say that?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

I know Russian propaganda when I see it...

Third Eye?

Common sense mixed with independent thought

As I understand it, common sense is to always be anti-Russian.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Never heard of the Rus' people? 8th century onward? Am I wrong?

If you mean Kievan Rus', then this is a historical construct created by historians of the XIX century. Nowhere in ancient documents is this name mentioned.

For example, it is the same with the Hundred Years' War between England and France. This name (Hundred Years' War) was given by historians of the 19th century.

It is very useful to distinguish historical constructs from the reality of historical events.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What makes you say that?

My knowledge about the history of Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Before writing on the forum, I recommend that you still get acquainted with the history of Ukraine closer.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Well I can see the Polaków being brave enough to do that. It's quite the daring plan, but might actually work, if it's not an agressive Invasion, but an emergency ... shall we say 'deputy government' Ukraine agrees to temporarily and peacefully... bamm! Western Ukraine under NATO protection.
It's not bad actually. Quite smart.

yeah, right. russia in ukraine = bad. poland in ukraine = good.

hypocrisy much?

greetings from poland.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

If you can't tell the difference between the proposal and what Russia is doing that's kind of your private issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes it is. Annales Bertiniani.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: jedi_hamster

If you can't tell the difference between the proposal and what Russia is doing that's kind of your private issue.

not sure if you're ignorant or just trolling.

it's not about protection. it's about taking advantage of the situation and taking over parts of ukraine that belonged to poland at some point in time. then it's just a waiting game and striking a deal with russia - "yes, you were right, there were nazis in ukraine, you keep the east, we'll take care of the rest" - no more ukraine, problem solved.

between the official stance of russia in current conflict, and the fact that during past centuries germany and russia tried to divide poland between themselves more than once, it's wrong on more levels than you can apparently comprehend.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If you tell in detail what I was wrong about the history of Ukraine, then I will do so.

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The Vikings, the Rurikid dynasty or Rurikids, by the Varangian prince Rurik, in 862AD, followed later by Prince Oleg in 882 who founded all of the RUS's in 882 .
In fact the back stabbing, mongol boot licking state of Muscovite Rus wasn't even founded until 1263. before then moscow was just a dump water trading post in the state of Vladimir-Suzdalian Rus.
Then in 1303 during Daniel I rule after he married the ruler of the Mongrel the Khans sister and with the protection of the Mongrels they turned on the the other princes of the RUS line until finally the relationship the Mongrels and the musovites deteriorated.

But under russian revisionist history which started as some say back as far as the tsardom and up to putin, stalin was the worst at it and he drove the idea of russians not being decedents of Germanic / Norse heritage to great extremes, none of this seems to be taught as history in russia.

Try looking up history in sources besides rusian ones, in fact here's a start.
Anti-Normanism

edit on 29-4-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes it is. Annales Bertiniani.

So what? Did the people whom Emperor Louis the Pious identified as Swedes declared that they were Kievans?

posted on Apr, 29 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

The Vikings, the Rurikid dynasty or Rurikids, by the Varangian prince Rurik, in 862AD, followed later by Prince Oleg in 882 who founded all of the RUS's in 882 .
In fact the back stabbing, mongol boot licking state of Muscovite Rus wasn't even founded until 1263. bvefore then moscow was just a dump water trading post in the state of Vladimir-Suzdalian Rus.
Then in 1303 during Daniel I rule after he married the ruler of the Mongrel the Khans sister and with the protection of the Mongrels they turned on the the other princes of the RUS line until finally the relationship the Mongrels and the musovites deteriorated.

But under russian revisionist history which started as some say back as the tsardom and up to putin. stalin was the worst at it and he drove the idea of russians not being decedents of Germanic / Norse heritage to great extremes, none of this seems to be taught as history in russia.

Try looking up history in sources besides rusian ones, in fact here's a start.
Anti-Normanism

Rurik has never been in Kiev according to the annals.

He came to Novgorod.

So the thesis that the idea of ​​Russia appeared in Kyiv is still not clear to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join