It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sergei Naryshkin - About Polish claims to Western Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is what Director of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service Sergey Naryshkin said today (in Russian).

About Polish claims to Western Ukraine

April 28, 2022

According to information received by the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, Washington and Warsaw are working on plans to establish tight military and political control of Poland over "their historical possessions" in Ukraine.

The first stage of "reunification" should be the entry of Polish troops into the western regions of the country under the slogan of their "protection against Russian aggression." The modalities of the upcoming mission are currently being discussed with the Joseph Biden administration. According to preliminary agreements, it will take place without a NATO mandate, but with the participation of "willing states." Warsaw has not yet been able to agree with potential members of the "coalition of like-minded people."

However, the Polish leadership is not interested in "additional eyewitnesses" of their operation. The so-called peacekeeping contingent is planned to be deployed in those parts of Ukraine where the threat of a direct collision with the Russian Armed Forces is minimal. And the priority "combat tasks" of the Polish military will include the gradual interception of control over the strategic facilities located there from the National Guard of Ukraine. Polish secret services are already searching for "agreeable" representatives of the Ukrainian elite to form a Warsaw-oriented "democratic" counterbalance to the nationalists.

According to the assumptions of the Polish administration, preventive consolidation in the west of Ukraine will most likely lead to a split in the country. At the same time, Warsaw will essentially receive under control the territories where there will be "Polish peacekeepers."

In fact, we are talking about an attempt to repeat the historic "deal" for Poland after the First World War, when the collective West, represented by the Entente, recognized Warsaw's right to first occupy part of Ukraine to protect the population from the "Bolshevik threat", and then the inclusion of these territories in composition of the Polish state. The subsequent events became a clear illustration of the colonial order and forced Polonization as the main methods of building "Great Poland."

svr.gov.ru...

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Apr 28 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

What could go wrong? That would kick of WW3 and it would be like waving a red flag at a bull and would end up quickly with the nukes being brought to the field utter madness.

I actually know polish guys that think they are German after the way Germany was carved up 70 years ago and the land given to Poland

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

dezinformatsiya:

"a subset of propaganda and is false information that is spread deliberately to deceive"

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Well I can see the Polaków being brave enough to do that. It's quite the daring plan, but might actually work, if it's not an agressive Invasion, but an emergency ... shall we say 'deputy government' Ukraine agrees to temporarily and peacefully... bamm! Western Ukraine under NATO protection.
It's not bad actually. Quite smart.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

What could go wrong? That would kick of WW3 and it would be like waving a red flag at a bull and would end up quickly with the nukes being brought to the field utter madness.

I actually know polish guys that think they are German after the way Germany was carved up 70 years ago and the land given to Poland

In Europe, few people are satisfied with their current borders.

Many people remember the good old days when their country owned some more territories.

Hungary will remember the Transcarpathian region of Ukraine.

Maybe England will remember the French Guyenne.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

dezinformatsiya:

"a subset of propaganda and is false information that is spread deliberately to deceive"

I showed you the source of my information.

Now it's up to you to decide whether to believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

In Europe, few people are satisfied with their current borders

lol
fyi: in Europe are no borders. Peeps just move about.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well I can see the Polaków being brave enough to do that. It's quite the daring plan, but might actually work, if it's not an agressive Invasion, but an emergency ... shall we say 'deputy government' Ukraine agrees to temporarily and peacefully... bamm! Western Ukraine under NATO protection.
It's not bad actually. Quite smart.

I agree with you it's very brave when you take away part of your neighbor's territory pretending to help him.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You forgot Burgundy.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

lol

This is a temporary phenomenon.

Pretty soon everyone will remember that there is a word "border."

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You forgot Burgundy.

I am not familiar with the history of borders in Africa.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Poland has from day one gone out of their way to make suggestions and help Ukraine as much as possible, because in their heads it's still very vividly present how terrible a Russian occupation is. So from that angle I think Poland is honestly just doing everything to protect Ukraine.

agree with you it's very brave when you take away part of your neighbor's territory pretending to help him.

I mean Poland could just say they help Ukraine getting rid of that nasty Nazi infection they got. That'd make it alright, wouldn't it?

edit on 28-4-2022 by Peeple because: Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

lol

Is that so? And what makes you think that?

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Or geography, apparently.

It's in France.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Poland has from day one gone out of their way to make suggestions and help Ukraine as much as possible, because in their heads it's still very vividly present how terrible a Russian occupation is. So from that angle I think Poland is honestly just doing everything to protect Ukraine.

I mean Poland could just say they help Ukraine getting rid of that nasty Nazi infection they got. That'd make it alright, wouldn't it?

For me, Poland and nobility (generosity) are poorly compatible things.

But I agree to wait for developments before drawing final conclusions.

Sometimes miracles do happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

lol

Is that so? And what makes you think that?

This is an economic union, and when the economic conditions for its existence disappear, it will also disappear.

In addition, there is an opinion that there are people who want to ruin it, for example, England.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Or geography, apparently.

It's in France.

This is my mistake.

I read as "Burundi."
edit on 4 28 2022 by turretless because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm of Polish ancestry and my grandmother was born in Lviv. Lviv was, and has for nearly all its history up until 1939, been a part of Poland, not Ukraine (or USSR). Even today, most of Lviv is ethnic Polish, not Ukrainian. Fact is, large chunks of Ukraine are not Ukrainian at all but rather Polish, Russian, and Romanian, and those folks are still ticked about it. Ukraine has long been a war waiting to happen considering it's largely made up of land stolen from other countries, so none of this should be any surprise to anyone with historical knowledge of that region.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well since the point of the EU was to have more weight in a world dominated by superpowers like US, Russia, China that reason will go if they are gone and that's not likely to happen.

England has a little... unresolved delusions of grandeur problems, but they're not so bad. Fun people. Great sandwiches.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
I'm of Polish ancestry and my grandmother was born in Lviv. Lviv was, and has for nearly all its history up until 1939, been a part of Poland, not Ukraine (or USSR). Even today, most of Lviv is ethnic Polish, not Ukrainian. Fact is, large chunks of Ukraine are not Ukrainian at all but rather Polish, Russian, and Romanian, and those folks are still ticked about it. Ukraine has long been a war waiting to happen considering it's largely made up of land stolen from other countries, so none of this should be any surprise to anyone with historical knowledge of that region.

But if we delve into history, we will find out that Galicia and Volyn were once Russian principalities.

But in general, I agree with you.

Ukraine has such a difficult fate because of the heterogeneity of its population resulting from the presence of its regions in the composition of various states.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join