It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lavrov "We are at war with NATO"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Doubt it. The radiation signatures would point directly at whos nuke it was.

However, I see both sides slowly ratcheting up tensions. How far before the proverbial nuclear olive tree limb snaps is any outsiders guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ukraine joining NATO would definitely be new, if the goal is to avoid repeating history. I don't necessarily think repeating is a bad thing though. If you learn from history you can choose to repeat it or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Of course they are. NATO has been sending billions of dollars worth of military aide to Ukraine. If I was Putin, I would certainly consider that an act of war.

IMO though, he can't do anything about it. They'll bomb arms shipments when they find them and bomb railroads to try and prevent the movement of the supplies through out the country. I believe that the bombing of the rail bridge near Odessa was for just this reason. To keep the arms coming in through Romania from reaching the rest of country or a least making it as difficult as possible to disperse them.

That's why, again imo, we keep hearing the nuclear talk from Lavrov. He knows that is the only real deterrent they have left after the world has watched the Russians botch this war and seen how the Russian military performs against modern weaponry..

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
That's why, again imo, we keep hearing the nuclear talk from Lavrov. He knows that is the only real deterrent they have left after the world has watched the Russians botch this war and seen how the Russian military performs against modern weaponry..

The Russians are doing just fine.

As for the deterrent of threats ... maybe. It's verified Russian Military Doctrine to ratchet-up destruction during conflict. A tac-nuke on the battlefield doesn't amount to much more than lots of dead guys all at once. No fallout to speak of. No mass civilian casualties.

Would have been so interesting to see a nuke explode -vs- Putin's hypersonic missile attack on all the supplies being funneled in through Poland. Biden would have pooped into his diaper again. Funny how there's no attention on that $400M loss or all the deaths associated from that individual missile hit.

Putin's winning. Everyone who doesn't want him to doesn't see it. He's going to take The Ukraine and there's nothing any country can do about it. All the rhetoric out of Europe eerily dissipated. Apparently they don't want none of the big stick themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The Russians are doing just fine

I guess that's a matter of opinion at this point. I'm not sure what your definition of well is but the only objective I have seen that they have accomplished is they have managed to take Mariupol and even that isn't completely done yet and at what cost to them. You're a vet, you know how nasty urban combat is for the attackers. They hold nominal control in parts of the country but from much of the stuff I have looked at, the Ukrainians irregulars are making live rather miserable for them in those territories.

I'm of the opinion that all the fires we have seen in Russia over the last week are because of that hypersonic missile and the test of that ICBM. Russia lost 17 scientists I think in the one fire at the aerospace research facility with a couple dozen more injured.

I'm curious Snarl, why do you say the Russians are doing fine and Putins winning? I don't believe that the Ukrainians can "win" this war as it stands but I don't believe the Russians can either. Their Primokov/Gerasimov Doctrine doesn't seem to be doing them much good at this point.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The Russians are doing just fine.

Looking at the map today I think you are pretty much spot on

Looks like Putin is going to take the coast now Kehrson is under Russian occupation making what's left of Ukrainian speaking Ukraine kind of limbless without a port.

I guess the new Russian boots on the ground will soon as in pre 1991 stretch all the way to Romania / Moldova whatever they call that place

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Ukraine has pressed for NATO membership to defend against Putin's invasion by Russian forces.

But i don't see that happening whilst Russian forces remain on there land because that's paramount to NATO initiating a third world war.

Sweden and Finland on the other had could be admitted to NATO under there own accord, and there is not that much Russia could do about it bar issues threats.

Because they don't have the manpower, machinery, or even logistical capability, to invade there nations also whilst occupying Ukraine and keeping a defensive force back home.

If we choose to go down the cold war path once again Cutepants, well that's just repetition of history in spades.

And a war Russia is apt to lose once again because they failed to modernise there economy, military, and infrastructure whilst they had the chance.

We may very well be up # creek without a paddle, but Russia don't even have a canoe.
edit on 27-4-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
I'm curious Snarl, why do you say the Russians are doing fine and Putins winning? I don't believe that the Ukrainians can "win" this war as it stands but I don't believe the Russians can either. Their Primokov/Gerasimov Doctrine doesn't seem to be doing them much good at this point.

Joe Biden's administration is still falling all over themselves trying to support The Ukraine militarily. If the Russians were getting their butts handed to them there'd be a different vibe.

The Russian is also (very effectively) disrupting lines of communication. The Ukraine is going to start to starve. Then we'll see.

Mariupol is a funny situation in Putin's hands as well. There are some folks in there gonna get captured and that's gonna leave egg on the Biden Admin's face. Putin is playing this hand close to his chest and it's going very well. Even if those guys sneak out, it's not going to be counted against Putin in the Loss Column.

The longer Putin stays in The Ukraine the more of an embarrassment to the West it becomes. It's a demonstration of The West's impotence. To add insult to injury, the EU is still buying energy products from Putin. What a frikkin' laff!! The financial community tried to break the Ruble ... and that failed miserably ... the Ruble has come back stronger than it was.

And lastly ... the Troops Putin initially sent were green. They're blooded now. Their next engagements will be with sharpened swords ... as everybody else's just gets duller by the day.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The longer Putin stays in The Ukraine the more of an embarrassment to the West it becomes.

Ukraine's military budget is like something like 20x smaller than Russia's. I don't really see how Russia having nothing to show after two months is anything but a condemnation of the Russian military.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The longer Putin stays in The Ukraine the more of an embarrassment to the West it becomes.

Ukraine's military budget is like something like 20x smaller than Russia's. I don't really see how Russia having nothing to show after two months is anything but a condemnation of the Russian military.

Russia has been kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking and kicking the Hornet Nest of The West and hasn't been stung hardly at all. That's why the phony Russian casualty stats make everyone with half-a-brain laff and laff and laff.

You wanna compare budgets and embarrassment? Compare the US and Afghanistan. Haw Haw Haw

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

you forget that right now Ukraine military is mostly all nato hardware !

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Why isn't this statement on all MSM, it is what he said, Russian long-time foreign Minister Lavrov has stated that we are on the eve of a Nuclear war. According to Alex Jones, it is escalating all the way to Armageddon. I don't see any real diplomatic will to alter the way this is going, it seems to be an orchestrated escalation, going through the usual escalation to full-scale conflict. Are they Gambling on the fact that Putin will back down and withdraw troops from Ukraine? this isn't going to happen. The explosions in Russia have taken the war to the Russian homeland. Or will we see some last-minute progress as saner minds replace the current initiative. www.bitchute.com...

It is all in Putin's hands... Does he press the nuke button or not. He is the only factor as to whether the world goes nuke or not.

So tell me what is he going to do? He can not sustain a war with NATO supporting Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
It is all in Putin's hands... Does he press the nuke button or not.

Can his shaky, Parkinson's-addled hands even hit the thing?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

It still doesn't change the fact that Russia is being fought to stalemate by a military that's less than a quarter of the size of Russia's.

If anything, the fact that Ukraine are relying on weapons from the West only shows how far behind Russia's own technology is.

I don't see how there's any way you can spin the Russian military struggling to gain ground for two months is embarrassing for anyone other than Russia.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain
a reply to: anonentity

First and foremost , this is not on Biden! Anyone claiming that, is a fool! NATO is made up of over 100 countries! Most of the entire WORLD is against Putin! So many of you are quick to blame Biden! Almost the entire WORLD says Putin is to blame! The Ukraine certainly didn't attack Russia! Russia did attack the Ukraine! Wake the hell up!

In Feb of 2021 Ukraine shut down the opposition party television stations at the urging of the US consulate. Then Ukraine seized the assets of opposition party leader viktor medvedchuk, among them and most importantly, a pipeline that carried Russian oil to Europe. Ukraine silenced the opposition party and effectively sanctioned Russian oil. Within 48 hours of that event Russia started massing troops on the Ukraine border. Russia waited a full year before actually invading.

Ukraine and US are not free of blame in this.

Wake the hell up indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't see how there's any way you can spin the Russian military struggling to gain ground for two months is embarrassing for anyone other than Russia.

Look four posts up from yours and you can see the mental and military gymnastics required for thinking Russia is having some sort of success in Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Why isn't this statement on all MSM, it is what he said, Russian long-time foreign Minister Lavrov has stated that we are on the eve of a Nuclear war. According to Alex Jones, it is escalating all the way to Armageddon. I don't see any real diplomatic will to alter the way this is going, it seems to be an orchestrated escalation, going through the usual escalation to full-scale conflict. Are they Gambling on the fact that Putin will back down and withdraw troops from Ukraine? this isn't going to happen. The explosions in Russia have taken the war to the Russian homeland. Or will we see some last-minute progress as saner minds replace the current initiative. www.bitchute.com...

It is all in Putin's hands... Does he press the nuke button or not. He is the only factor as to whether the world goes nuke or not.

So tell me what is he going to do? He can not sustain a war with NATO supporting Ukraine.

I disagree that Putin is the only factor that could lead to nuclear war. China is making some interesting moves right now and could be looking at US involvement in Ukraine, and other theaters where we are still involved, as an opportune moment to flex its muscles. China could easily label any aggression as a proxy war supporting Russia even if its efforts are directed solely toward its own ends, such as Taiwan.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Can his shaky, Parkinson's-addled hands even hit the thing?

At some point he will die of "natural" causes, and the war in Ukraine will end quickly. This will cost Russia a good deal in so many ways, and people here are like, Russia is fine, nothing to see there...

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Look four posts up from yours and you can see the mental and military gymnastics required for thinking Russia is having some sort of success in Ukraine.

Just goes to show ... no matter how frustrated you are ... Putin is still bung-holing Zelensky and the 0bama administration hang-arounds.

I wonder how much of a financial setback it has been for all those corrupt US politicians.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

At some point he will die of "natural" causes, and the war in Ukraine will end quickly. This will cost Russia a good deal in so many ways, and people here are like, Russia is fine, nothing to see there...

I was thinking his autocratic ass would be around for awhile longer but then I saw some of the recent videos and there's an obvious health issue which appears to be Parkinson's. Not sure how long they will let Shaky stay in power with him barely able to control his tremors in public since a huge part of his image is that public macho stud nonsense he likes to play.

Kind of hard to ride a bear shirtless when you can't hold the reins.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join