It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of attraction taught by Jesus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is something I have been thinking about and seeking information on for quite awhile.

It used to disturb me because many of my beliefs and even approaching these subjects goes against traditional Christianity and if I let other people force their law conscious beliefs on me I'd believe I was a "bad Christian" and probably going to hell.

Below is a great video I just found that supports my theories..

In the video they talk about the lost gospel of Thomas and share what are allegedly teachings from Jesus not included in the standard Bible that point to an amazing different truth about who we are as spirits and as a one consciousness...

However even in the traditional new testament Jesus teaches the law of attraction....

He says to pray and believe with gratitude as you act as if what you have prayed for is already yours and it will be given to you.

In the gospel of Thomas he talks about mastering your feelings from your heart and your thoughts and If you do that, you can move mountains...

Our heart and our brain produce electrical signals that manipulate things at the quantum level and that is how the law of attraction works....

Jesus taught us that if we can master our emotions and our thoughts we can discover our own divinity and manifest positivity into our experience.

Through prayer along with our constant day to day thoughts we are manipulating reality and it is something we can train and strengthen to use for our benefit.....

In the end of the book of Revelation it says that If anybody takes away or adds to the pages that they will be majorly cursed and condemned....

It says IF......which says to me that it is possible for people to have done that....

Which means they definitely did, and people who debate against Christianity are correct when they say the Bible has been heavily influenced by man and his greed and thirst for power.....

I think the truth is a lot deeper than what standard Christianity states...

Regardless of how much the Bible has been tampered with......I believe the teachings of Jesus are rock solid, indisputable and truthful words of God.

As well as many of the prophetic scripture...

It's all very fun to think about if you ask me.
edit on 16-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
See below for the YouTube video......Thank you ATS member daskakik for producing that...
edit on 16-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
Here you go:

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Here you go:

Thank you I appreciate that 🤙

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The law of attraction is affirmative action packaged as mysticism.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The law of attraction is affirmative action packaged as mysticism.

The law of attraction is our thoughts and emotions manipulating reality at the quantum level.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's not how quantum mechanics works. Really the law of attraction is a form of self hypnosis to program our psyche, not unlike using meditation therapy to quit smoking. It certainly isn't "magic" or esoterica even if it uses such language because superstition sells. Positive self talk, strong visualization, affirmative action. No mysticism or quantum physics necessary.

edit on 16-4-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
LOA works, but there is always a negative or downside when you receive what you ask for. For me anyways, which I’ve learned to be content and not want most of the time.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Regardless of how much the Bible has been tampered with......I believe the teachings of Jesus are rock solid, indisputable and truthful words of God.

How is the Creator of the universe not capable of inspiring his own
Creation? The inspired works at first glance are a miracle to
have ever even come together.

The Bible is quite simply the perfect truth.

The only thing that could be impossible about it is if it wasn't Gods word.

Because it definitely isn't mans.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That's not how quantum mechanics works.

I'm not so sure........

Quantum mechanics are far too complex and mysterious for tzarchasm from ATS to state that so emphatically imo....

Somehow an observer changes things...

Intent can form the structure of things...

Our heart does produce electrical signals as well as our thoughts...

Our thoughts are an eternal energy that ripples outward infinitely....

We are eternal spirits housed in these bodies.... looking out from the eyes like windows....

Our thoughts manipulate reality.....I'll take the quantum out, that's fair.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What reality have you changed by exploiting quantum mechanics to satisfy your needs?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

How is the Creator of the universe not capable of inspiring his own
Creation? The inspired works at first glance are a miracle to
have ever even come together.

The Bible is quite simply the perfect truth.

The only thing that could be impossible about it is if it wasn't Gods word.

Because it definitely isn't mans.

He is perfectly capable of doing anything He wants...

I don't think he controls or holds hands or baby-sits our way though everything and more often than not, allows free will to run its course...

I would say I believe the majority of the Bible is God breathed beautiful truth.....the sword.

But Tptb had the ability to take some things away and they did......and they did so probably in a genius imperceptible way that has accomplished the all powerful institution of religion...

I believe there are some ultra ancient aspects that have been concealed from us and the elites have done great at making these questions out to be blasphemous.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What reality have you changed by exploiting quantum mechanics to satisfy your needs?

Minor day to day stuff that is meaningful to me....

Synchronicities..... answered prayers........life changes......people........ fortuitous happenings......... promotion.........above all my sense of spiritual security.....

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So it's a coping strategy. No harm in self affirmation rituals. I hope it continues to benefit you.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Synchronicities..... answered prayers........life changes......people........ fortuitous happenings......... promotion.........above all my sense of spiritual security.....

Well that comes across as selfishness and greed, needy and the complete opposite of Christianity
Jesus taught love and service and you are teaching self gratitude
Jesus taught the secret to His followers, go and love others the way I love you, because I love you
You want to make christianity, the bible all about getting what you want, it’s tv evangelism christianity, like all those fake mega church preachers, prosperity gospel, selfishness and turning Jesus into Buddha, rub his belly so you get your happy wishes

And it doesn’t work
probe.org...
As for the gospel of Thomas, go study why it was left out. Gnosticism at its finest.

The law of attraction in Christianity, “go out and love the sick, weak, homeless, clothe the poor and feed the hungry. Love forgive and be a servant to those who are broken. God will honour you”

Gnostics law of attraction,” think of all you want and the universe will give it to you, you will be wealthy and happy”

Why

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I would disagree with extreme malice that our thoughts ripple
thru eternity with out being spoken. I have believed very early
on that vibration is the key to the universe. Scripture tells us
God spoke and there was light. I think people pointing to petty
contradictions that have absolutely nothing to do with the truth
and importance of the message being conveyed. As such juvenile
scrutiny can be applied to any written word. Even more so overtime.

For me many scholars seem to fall short of recognizing the truth.

It's called The Living Bible because the truth lives for ever.

The longevity of a lie is in accordance to it's usefulness to
obstruct the truth. Most die in about the same time frame
as the newest fad.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The "law of attraction" is a rebranding of Hermetic principles that have been around a lot longer than the new testament, and probably the old testament as well. What the biblical Jesus (or the writer of the gospels) taught were well known ideas that were already ancient at the time.

Google the 7 Hermetic principles.

edit on 4/16/2022 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Well that comes across as selfishness and greed, needy and the complete opposite of Christianity
Jesus taught love and service and you are teaching self gratitude
Jesus taught the secret to His followers, go and love others the way I love you, because I love you
You want to make christianity, the bible all about getting what you want, it’s tv evangelism christianity, like all those fake mega church preachers, prosperity gospel, selfishness and turning Jesus into Buddha, rub his belly so you get your happy wishes

And it doesn’t work
probe.org...
As for the gospel of Thomas, go study why it was left out. Gnosticism at its finest.

The law of attraction in Christianity, “go out and love the sick, weak, homeless, clothe the poor and feed the hungry. Love forgive and be a servant to those who are broken. God will honour you”

Gnostics law of attraction,” think of all you want and the universe will give it to you, you will be wealthy and happy”

Why

Hmmm....

Feels like that was a hasty response taken from the surface of my thoughts just to place yourself in a superior position above me....

First, I am very selfish by nature and extremely self centered as a part of my mental health problems.

Yet I don't know how you reached your conclusion about me so easily based off my list of examples....

"Synchronicities..... answered prayers........life changes......people........ fortuitous happenings......... promotion.........above all my sense of spiritual security."

Re reading that I see plenty of room for other people to benefit in there .....

Should I have said "peace in earth " or for "my brother to prosper" lol?

Nobody is that righteous and if they say they are they are lying.

I go out of my way to treat others with kindness and to conduct myself altruistically just because that is who I am...... probably because the Holy Spirit has been invited to my life since I was saved at 13.

And also because I know very well the two greatest commandments.....

How do you know when I wrote "answered prayers" those were not for other people?

You didn't.

Same with most the rest of the list...

That was just a generic self righteous response directed at me.....

What was your motive?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
The "law of attraction" is a rebranding of Hermetic principles that have been around a lot longer than the new testament, and probably the old testament as well. What the biblical Jesus (or the writer of the gospels) taught were well known ideas that were already ancient at the time.

Google the 7 Hermetic principles.

Wouldn't surprise me....

When I said I think the truth is much deeper than standard Christianity states I also think there is ancient knowledge hidden that completes the story better......

A few years ago I found a video with the teachings of a Buddhist guy name Lao Tzu and over and over again his sayings were nearly identical to those of Jesus....

And Lao Tzu is apparently 5 or 600 years older than Jesus.
edit on 16-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: Older!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

My comment was based on the fact that you are still desiring more and more and using the bible to attain it when the bible teaches the very opposite
If you are a christian, if you have Jesus then, you already have everything, now you are called to share that “everything” in serving others

You are perverting the bible with Thomas to “attract more” when Jesus teaches to give, your faith is in materialism

<<   2  3  4 >>

join