It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of attraction taught by Jesus.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

We all have different opinions and desires, not judging, just suggesting more can be less

And less can mean so much more then our limited perception allows us to see.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: Akragon

What lie do you hold as path around this scripture?

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen
me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show
us the Father?

No semantics please

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Your post inspired me to do a little searching, which lead me to an eBook I just ordered on Amazon

Bridging Science and Spirit: Common Elements In David Bohm's Physics, The Perennial Philosophy and Seth

by Norman Friedman

There are a lot of similarities between Jane Robert's, Seth material and the Law of Attraction

I prefer the Seth material, because it just seems to resonate with me better. I look forward to learning about the similarities between Seth and Quantum Physics

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
LOA works, but there is always a negative or downside when you receive what you ask for. For me anyways, which I’ve learned to be content and not want most of the time.

"watch out, you might get what your after"

I always heard be careful what you ask from God. The Quantum aspect fits perfectly with my thinking of how God works and would therefore explains why the super high Math only a few of us use is showing theoretical probabilities being against what is happening. Just like with God.

The law of attraction is most simply stated on the metaphysical level as like attracts like. With magnets it is opposite attracts. To my way of thinking Jesus was sharing with us how when we send out love we are going to receive more than we send. Conversely when we are seeking to not love we are going to receive more of that than we send.

Plus if we like a certain hobby or way of passing time, we tend to migrate toward like minded people. When we do that we often succeed at things related to that connection with like minded people. Most of the time we will find things associate well and can create a great overall experience because we are with others thinking the same things. ATS might be a microcosm of that?

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: GoShredAK
Here you go:

Very good Dask.

Somewhere my dad picked up a Normal Vincent Peale book. The 1st one was "The Power of Positive Thinking" and much later one called "You Can If You Think You Can". It struck a brain cell with me then. But it really hit my Dad. He is a walking positive thinking person who hands out confidence and aid to people when asked like it was candy in his pocket. He preaches it you might say. "As you think, so shall you be." .

It rubbed off on me to the extent I try hard to imagine success but have been known to be to much of a realist when thinking outside the box and "focusing" on the reason. Just as the video discussed that, we need to focus on the subject with the belief you have already succeeded in getting what you asked for that was, of course, worthy to seek.

This is a great find to me Dask!
:

edit on 18-4-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Thanks, but it wasn't my find, it was the OP's. They were just having trouble posting the vid, so I lent them a hand.

Honestly, I didn't even watch it.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well, it would not kill you. You can handle the truth.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: 38181
LOA works, but there is always a negative or downside when you receive what you ask for. For me anyways, which I’ve learned to be content and not want most of the time.

"watch out, you might get what your after"

I always heard be careful what you ask from God. The Quantum aspect fits perfectly with my thinking of how God works and would therefore explains why the super high Math only a few of us use is showing theoretical probabilities being against what is happening. Just like with God.

The law of attraction is most simply stated on the metaphysical level as like attracts like. With magnets it is opposite attracts. To my way of thinking Jesus was sharing with us how when we send out love we are going to receive more than we send. Conversely when we are seeking to not love we are going to receive more of that than we send.

Plus if we like a certain hobby or way of passing time, we tend to migrate toward like minded people. When we do that we often succeed at things related to that connection with like minded people. Most of the time we will find things associate well and can create a great overall experience because we are with others thinking the same things. ATS might be a microcosm of that?

Good stuff
🤙

This is exactly what I'm thinking too...

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I probably will. I read the gospel of thomas and the gospel of judas recently so I have an idea of where the OP is coming from.

I don't buy into the law of attraction though.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I probably will. I read the gospel of thomas and the gospel of judas recently so I have an idea of where the OP is coming from.

I don't buy into the law of attraction though.

Here is another discussion on that. A Ted talk if you have time. I too don't know if I believe this version. I am more of what works for me and what I see type. I don't have to call it a law. I am okay with theory until I can honestly believe it is a "law".

Ted talk on the laws of attraction.
I believe you will be fascinated as I no matter your attitude on how successful it can be for people. I am thinking of you, naturally as one to be successful in your endeavors that are truly worthy. I say that truly worthy part because I think on a metaphysical level our cause will have to be for it to succeed in whole.

edit on 19-4-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavrac
This is an enlightening short video clip with David Bohm you might like.

edit on 19-4-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Orthodox Gospels are sufficient for salvation, but with that being said I have read all the Gnostic Gospels many times over and I do think they are an extension of the inspired word meant for seekers who want more info.

The law of attraction is part of what Jesus taught. A tree yields fruit that resembles the tree. "Nothing will be impossible for you". Ask for anything and it will be given to you if you truly believe.

Many Orthodox Christians are hesitant to accept these things, mostly because of the worldly leaven that has Infiltrated their being and instilled doubt in their minds regarding the limitless nature of God.

Anything is possible

edit on 19-4-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A reply to: GoShredAK

This guy says the same thing youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
In the gospel of judas, jesus laughs at the disciples for praying to "their god" and also tells them that they are going to lead people astray.

Sounds to me like he is saying that the NT is not the truth.

I honestly can't see how anyone might think this is an extension when things like this actually refute the orthodox gospels.
edit on 20-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

In the gospel of judas, jesus laughs at the disciples for praying to "their god" and also tells them that they are going to lead people astray.

Sounds to me like he is saying that the NT is not the truth.

I honestly can't see how anyone might think this is an extension when things like this actually refute the orthodox gospels.

Yeah the Gospel of Judas seems very sketchy to me. Assuming it was written by Judas it might actually be an exposee of Judas's disbelief and scrutiny

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have not looked at many but in the ones I have there is usually something in them that contradicts pretty hard:

1. “Shame on you who are in need of an advocate. Shame on you who stand in need of grace. Blessings will be on those who have spoken out and acquired grace for themselves."

Sounds like Jesus saying shame on you if you need a savior, you need to acquire grace on your own.

2. "Some said Mary became pregnant by the holy spirit. They are wrong and do not know what they are saying. When did a woman ever get pregnant by a woman?"

Basically just WTF?

3. "One was born of adultery, for he was the son of the serpent. He became a murderer, like his father, and he killed his brother."

Talking about cain and a whole different take than what is in genesis.

Now you might say I'm just nitpicking, and I am, but you can't say the bible is true and so are these texts, when they contradict each other, especially on pivotal points.

edit on 20-4-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I have not looked at many but in the ones I have there is usually something in them that contradicts pretty hard:

1. “Shame on you who are in need of an advocate. Shame on you who stand in need of grace. Blessings will be on those who have spoken out and acquired grace for themselves."

Sounds like Jesus saying shame on you if you need a savior, you need to acquire grace on your own.

2. "Some said Mary became pregnant by the holy spirit. They are wrong and do not know what they are saying. When did a woman ever get pregnant by a woman?"

Basically just WTF?

3. "One was born of adultery, for he was the son of the serpent. He became a murderer, like his father, and he killed his brother."

Talking about cain and a whole different take than what is in genesis.

Now you might say I'm just nitpicking, and I am, but you can't say the bible is true and so are these texts, when they contradict each other, especially on pivotal points.

It's supplemental rather than Orthodox for a reason. There's no tool I could find online that let's you look at the individual words being translated like biblehub.com does so it's tough to see if the translations are lacking or if it is just basically indecipherable. Regardless, I take them with a grain of salt.

The 4 Orthodox Gospels are plenty sufficient to reinforce the emergence of the Spirit within.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
It's supplemental rather than Orthodox for a reason.

Well, the ones pushing the orthodox bible called then heretical, not supplemental.

The 4 Orthodox Gospels are plenty sufficient to reinforce the emergence of the Spirit within.

Maybe but my point was more about the differences and how it is hard to say they are both true when they don't say the same thing.

I mean saying the orthodox texts talk about looking inside isn't saying much. Lot's of beliefs mention this but it doesn't make them the same as the bible. Heck the satanic bible probably does as well.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Well, the ones pushing the orthodox bible called then heretical, not supplemental.

I am not compelled to have the same opinion as the masses

Maybe but my point was more about the differences and how it is hard to say they are both true when they don't say the same thing.

I mean saying the orthodox texts talk about looking inside isn't saying much. Lot's of beliefs mention this but it doesn't make them the same as the bible. Heck the satanic bible probably does as well.

I think there's much more matching phrases than there are discrepancies. Especially in the Gospel of Thomas and Pistis Sophia. Jesus consistently told His disciples not to tell others about certain things, and it was likely because they would not understand what was being said. Until we experience heaven (which is possible during our life), much of what He said will be a mystery

<< 1  2    4 >>

join