It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of attraction taught by Jesus.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181
So true: as wise man said, happiness is not have what you want, it's wanting what you have. I have found this to be a guiding axiom in my life. It has saved me from a lot of personal grief. Thank the Lord God for what you have. You'll lead a better calmer life.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

And Lao Tzu is apparently 5 or 600 years older than Jesus.

Did Lao Tzu say he was the Christ God?

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
what about the observer effect in quantum physics The act of observing can definitely change particles to waves just by the act of observing.

The Fundamentals
Observation Affects Reality
Suggested Reading
When you observe something in the world—a tree, a bird or anything else—you know that regardless of where and when you observe the object, it will always remain the same. However, what if I told you that the time and manner you looked at a particular bird would affect its appearance? It sounds quite absurd, but absurdity is normal when it comes to the bizarre laws of the quantum realm. The laws of quantum mechanics work very differently than the physics of the regular-sized world. Before we get into understanding the observer effect, let’s first take a look at the fundamentals of quantum physics.

The field of quantum mechanics was primarily founded on three pillars. The first of these pillars is known as Quantized Properties. Quantized properties give the position, speed, color and other properties of a particle that can only occur in set amounts of time and instances. This is in direct contrast to the belief held in the well-established field of Classical Mechanics, namely that everything happens in a smooth and continuous spectrum. This was something that scientists found to be highly novel and ended up naming these particles Quantized Particles. The second pillar of Quantum Mechanics refers to the particle nature of light. At first, the notion that light could behave and be classed as a particle ran into colossal criticism, as it ran against the well-established principle that light had a wave-like nature to it.

God particles newspaper
However, the particle nature of light brought in a fundamental unit that could represent tiny energy packets, known as quanta. This was proposed by none other than Albert Einstein himself. Einstein hypothesized that a packet of energy could either be generated or absorbed, as a whole, specifically by an electron that wants to jump from one quantum state to another. The third and final fundamental pillar of Quantum Mechanics is the wave nature of matter. Although this might be hard to digest, matter also exhibits a wave-like nature. The wave-like nature of matter was proposed by two scientists independently, at nearly the same time, despite being oblivious of each other’s work. These two erstwhile discoverers were scientists Louis De Broglie and Erwin Schrodinger. They used two fundamentally different mathematical approaches to prove the wave-like nature of matter. Later on, both men were credited for their contributions and their idea was jointly named the Heisenberg-Schrodinger model. Heisenberg did make one more crucial contribution to Quantum Mechanics. While not as essential as the fundamental pillars, it did play a significant role and is known as Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle. He reasoned that since the nature of matter is wave-like, some properties, such as the velocity and position of electrons, are complementary to one another. In simpler terms, there is a limit up to which each property of an electron can be simultaneously measured with a degree of accuracy.

Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle
Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle

Interference
(Photo Credit : Warren Leywon/Wikimedia Commons)

When a quantum ‘observer’ is watching, Quantum Mechanics states that particles can also behave as waves. This can be true for electrons at the sub-micron level, i.e., at distances measuring less than one micron, or one-thousandth of a millimeter. When behaving as waves, electrons can simultaneously pass through several openings in a barrier and then meet again on the other side. This meeting is known as interference. Now, the most absurd thing about this phenomena is that it can only occur when no one is observing it. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the opening, the obtained image changes dramatically: if a particle can be seen going through one opening, it is clear that it did not go through another opening. In other words, when under observation, electrons are more or less being forced to behave like particles instead of waves. Thus, the mere act of observation affects the experimental findings. reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are many legends far older than the Bible that tell of the great flood, virgin birth and other Biblical miracles.
The oldest version of the New Testament to appear in writing didn't contain any of the miracles attributed to Jesus, but were added in later versions.

Here's a link for anyone who's interested in legends from other cultures that are far older than the Bible yet seem to be the same story.
[historycollection.com...]

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

... and, in Jesus case, who is the cause of these good things occurring - the person visualizing good coming to themselves, or an external and omnipotent God?

You see the context of those sayings is important, otherwise one might believe entirely misconstrued things.

edit on 16/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

My comment was based on the fact that you are still desiring more and more and using the bible to attain it when the bible teaches the very opposite
If you are a christian, if you have Jesus then, you already have everything, now you are called to share that “everything” in serving others

You are perverting the bible with Thomas to “attract more” when Jesus teaches to give, your faith is in materialism

I appreciate you clarifying that....I'll consider what you wrote for a bit....it's good stuff, thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
what about the observer effect in quantum physics The act of observing can definitely change particles to waves just by the act of observing.

The Fundamentals
Suggested Reading
When you observe something in the world—a tree, a bird or anything else—you know that regardless of where and when you observe the object, it will always remain the same. However, what if I told you that the time and manner you looked at a particular bird would affect its appearance? It sounds quite absurd, but absurdity is normal when it comes to the bizarre laws of the quantum realm. The laws of quantum mechanics work very differently than the physics of the regular-sized world. Before we get into understanding the observer effect, let’s first take a look at the fundamentals of quantum physics.

The field of quantum mechanics was primarily founded on three pillars. The first of these pillars is known as Quantized Properties. Quantized properties give the position, speed, color and other properties of a particle that can only occur in set amounts of time and instances. This is in direct contrast to the belief held in the well-established field of Classical Mechanics, namely that everything happens in a smooth and continuous spectrum. This was something that scientists found to be highly novel and ended up naming these particles Quantized Particles. The second pillar of Quantum Mechanics refers to the particle nature of light. At first, the notion that light could behave and be classed as a particle ran into colossal criticism, as it ran against the well-established principle that light had a wave-like nature to it.

God particles newspaper
However, the particle nature of light brought in a fundamental unit that could represent tiny energy packets, known as quanta. This was proposed by none other than Albert Einstein himself. Einstein hypothesized that a packet of energy could either be generated or absorbed, as a whole, specifically by an electron that wants to jump from one quantum state to another. The third and final fundamental pillar of Quantum Mechanics is the wave nature of matter. Although this might be hard to digest, matter also exhibits a wave-like nature. The wave-like nature of matter was proposed by two scientists independently, at nearly the same time, despite being oblivious of each other’s work. These two erstwhile discoverers were scientists Louis De Broglie and Erwin Schrodinger. They used two fundamentally different mathematical approaches to prove the wave-like nature of matter. Later on, both men were credited for their contributions and their idea was jointly named the Heisenberg-Schrodinger model. Heisenberg did make one more crucial contribution to Quantum Mechanics. While not as essential as the fundamental pillars, it did play a significant role and is known as Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle. He reasoned that since the nature of matter is wave-like, some properties, such as the velocity and position of electrons, are complementary to one another. In simpler terms, there is a limit up to which each property of an electron can be simultaneously measured with a degree of accuracy.

Heisenbergs Uncertainty Principle
Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle

Interference
(Photo Credit : Warren Leywon/Wikimedia Commons)

When a quantum ‘observer’ is watching, Quantum Mechanics states that particles can also behave as waves. This can be true for electrons at the sub-micron level, i.e., at distances measuring less than one micron, or one-thousandth of a millimeter. When behaving as waves, electrons can simultaneously pass through several openings in a barrier and then meet again on the other side. This meeting is known as interference. Now, the most absurd thing about this phenomena is that it can only occur when no one is observing it. Once an observer begins to watch the particles going through the opening, the obtained image changes dramatically: if a particle can be seen going through one opening, it is clear that it did not go through another opening. In other words, when under observation, electrons are more or less being forced to behave like particles instead of waves. Thus, the mere act of observation affects the experimental findings. reply to: TzarChasm

When you are 'observing' particles by firing a stream of similarly massed particles at them, and seeing how they bounce off, of course 'observing' something like that must change the state of what is observed.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

And Lao Tzu is apparently 5 or 600 years older than Jesus.

Did Lao Tzu say he was the Christ God?

No he did not....

I don't know what to make of this....

So far I think the truths that Jesus taught are eternal truths that exist at the end of all knowledge....

Also perhaps it is true that Jesus spent time in India before he began his official ministry.

I don't know and I don't pretend to know.....

What I do know is that before I ate dinner just now I thanked Jesus who I know and who knows me......just like I always do...... I still believe I'm saved by grace through faith in His perfect sacrifice.

It's crazy how quick people are to tell me who and what I am and condemn me for throwing some thoughts out there....

You would think everyone is perfect lol.... running around pointing fingers with planks in your eyes..

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ahhh nevermind...
edit on 16-4-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I thought it was like this....

The particles go through all possibilities at the same time until the observer, then at that time, the particle chooses which slit or no slit.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

... and, in Jesus case, who is the cause of these good things occurring - the person visualizing good coming to themselves, or an external and omnipotent God?

You see the context of those sayings is important, otherwise one might believe entirely misconstrued things.

I don't know? That is a good one....

I've been thinking that Jesus is God and he designed what is called the law of attraction in the first place....

He placed a little spark of divinity in all of us....and teaches us how to tap into our abilities and to use the system....

In other circumstances He intervenes directly....

Possibilities and infinitum.....

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No he did not....

So far I think the truths that Jesus taught are eternal truths that exist at the end of all knowledge....

Also perhaps it is true that Jesus spent time in India before he began his official ministry.

What I do know is that before I ate dinner just now I thanked Jesus who I know and who knows me......just like I always do...... I still believe I'm saved by grace through faith in His perfect sacrifice.

It's crazy how quick people are to tell me who and what I am and condemn me for throwing some thoughts out there....

You would think everyone is perfect lol.... running around pointing fingers with planks in your eyes..

None of us are good Jesus said "Only the Father is good"

At best I'm likely the worst of believers.
Sadly I struggle with life on this planet every damn day.
So I'm the last to judge and keep mindful of that and avoid
being a hypocrite. We aren't perfect but we have hope if
we have Jesus. Being thankful in prayer is almost the only
prayer we should have.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: chr0naut

I thought it was like this....

The particles go through all possibilities at the same time until the observer, then at that time, the particle chooses which slit or no slit.

The Double Slit Experiment Demystified. Disproving the Quantum Consciousness connection

As I said, people fill in the gaps with fanciful ideas, and after bouncing around the echo chamber of pop-sci, things take on a life of their own...

Point made and proven.

edit on 16/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
LOA works, but there is always a negative or downside when you receive what you ask for. For me anyways, which I’ve learned to be content and not want most of the time.

yes, what you want is usually not what you need. low hanging fruit. i know. but true it seems.

sometimes we miss warning signs, exits and opportunities and sometimes just plain screw the pooch.

i'm grateful and blessed where i am now, but it ain't over, the best/worse is yet to come.

Happy Easter everyone!

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   

In the end of the book of Revelation it says that If anybody takes away or adds to the pages that they will be majorly cursed and condemned....

It says IF......which says to me that it is possible for people to have done that....

Which means they definitely did, and people who debate against Christianity are correct when they say the Bible has been heavily influenced by man and his greed and thirst for power.

There are some aspects of revelation here that suggest it was adapted rather than written specifically for christianity . It certainly remains an enigma even to this day. Which people believe is prophetic. I suspect its more likely a journey by the author, whoever that may be, into the inner kingdom.

The synoptic gospels themselves seem to have remained reasonbly constant throughout the ages. There is numeric code in one of the gospels that affirm its originality. However the synoptic gospels may have been a watered down version for the highly egocentric and materilistic romans. Epiphanius quotes Gospel of the Ebionites in which Jesus chastises the leadership saying, "I am come to end the sacrifices and feasts of blood; and if ye cease not offering and eating of flesh and blood, the wrath of God shall not cease from you; even as it came to your fathers in the wilderness, who lusted for flesh, and did sate to their content, and were filled with rottenness, and the plague consumed them".

So the true followers of Jesus may have been vegetarian. Had no material belongings except for a donkey or two. And walked a lot.

If the sheep inherit the earth perhaps its the wise and fearless that inherit heaven. So rather than be swayed by the status quo trust your inner guide.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

No he did not....

None of us are good Jesus said "Only the Father is good"

At best I'm likely the worst of believers.
Sadly I struggle with life on this planet every damn day.
So I'm the last to judge and keep mindful of that and avoid
being a hypocrite. We aren't perfect but we have hope if
we have Jesus. Being thankful in prayer is almost the only
prayer we should have.

and who hasn't experienced Divine intervention?

some call it luck.

lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   

www.thecotas.com...
I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for
but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered,
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

We all have different opinions and desires, not judging, just suggesting more can be less

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   

in reference to a previous comment in the thread...

Jesus didn't claim to be God either... despite what most Christians will tell you

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yet one can't find God, if they they love the world, or a verse from the Gospel, the world is a corpse.

Don't know if Jesus an LOA would go hand hand though like that even though he might as well be a Genie. Heck, could even be deemed temptation, narrativly speaking. Yet there are verse seek an ye shall find, while the Lord loves those who can help themselves.

I know Buddhism tends to view such things as a pointless or fleeting illusion of sorts.
edit on 17-4-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What lie do you hold as path around this scripture?

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen
me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show
us the Father?

No semantics please

edit on 17-4-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join