It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 737 nose dives into ground, Air crash in China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Black Boxes are now recovered awaiting analysis of the data

However the ADS-B data already tells a story.

First plunge from 06:19.59 UTC descent appears to slow at 06:22.16 UTC, level off at an altitude of 8,600ft and 376Kt IAS
then resumed descent at 06:22.27 UTC until impact 06:22.35 UTC, fully nose down. God knows what caused the initial descent? maybe the CVR can tell us?

Pilots finally lost their battle about 06:22.27 UTC after briefly regaining control. This suggests to me they overstressed the airframe pulling out of their first descent and something broke, either the horizontal stabilizer (elevator) or its JACKSCREW , etc?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Just speculating, but that looks similar to the Alaska 261 crash. That was caused by mechanical elivator control failure which was caused by lack of grease. Different plain but the way it crashed is very similar.

This explains what happened with the Alaska 261 flight.

Here is an article on that crash. en.m.wikipedia.org...

Not saying that same thing went wrong but it looks like the same control failure happened. I am not surprised there there was no communication from the pilots as unless they were strapped in, they would be thrown up to the top of the cockpit when the nose suddenly pointed downward.

I think maybe you're right.

not necessarily the initial descent, however the second fatal plunge looks like a jackscrew failed.
Maybe it was overstressed when they recovered the first dive?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

You need some stronger grounds to suggest suicide. Just because a plane crashes that does not automatically infer suicide

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Representatives of Boeing, GE, and the NTSB have arrived on scene.

my wife was just watching the news about the crash and i caught some of it when it was showing tents and first responders in suits.

wifey said they haven't found 1 body yet!

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The recorders are designed to survive exactly that kind of thing. A few recorders haven’t survived crashes, but the vast majority of accidents, including similar accidents to this one, the recorders are recovered with data intact.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Bodies in plane crashes aren’t bodies anymore. Even in a relatively “soft” impact the passenger remains are not intact as recognizable bodies. In an impact like this, it will take days for them to find anything you can recognize as human remains. And those will be very small fragments of bodies.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess if they made the planes as resilient as the recorders, it wouldn't matter with high-speed crashes into the ground.

Hopefully everyone had already passed out at some point.

edit on 3/23/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

High speed crashes wouldn’t be a problem because the planes would be too heavy to fly.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You'd have an intact aircraft, but the passengers and crew would be pate.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I still don't understand why with today's tech we cant have cameras that record everything in the cockpit and cabin live and have it stored in the cloud no pun intended .

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Because every time it’s suggested pilots unions have fought it tooth and nail.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Flying terrifies me. i'm ok when in the air at cruising height, taking off and landing not so much. Helicopters i'm fine with.

When the first aircraft company makes parachuted fuselages a thing I'll be the first to throw my money at them.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PacificViking

Wow...
Look how it's flying straight along then dove.

It looks like it just dove. Intentionally done, except it wasn't.

Glad the box was found.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: sarahvital

Bodies in plane crashes aren’t bodies anymore. Even in a relatively “soft” impact the passenger remains are not intact as recognizable bodies. In an impact like this, it will take days for them to find anything you can recognize as human remains. And those will be very small fragments of bodies.

My big spook was what the Atmospheric Pressure from a high speed dive, and the resulting de-masking of facial tissue ( nicely put ).

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They appeared to start their descent normally, at exactly the same place as the flight the day before, and just kept going into a dive.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

People hear "bodies" on the news reports, and think that the passengers that died left whole bodies. Most people don't understand the forces involved in even a relatively gentle crash when the pilots are trying not to crash. In an accident like this, it'll be amazing if they find anything even remotely recognizable as remains.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sorry for laughing. I was just at the VA last Monday being evaluated for injuries that I got in a helicopter mishap in 1986. We were doing a hover check on the ship and the tail rotor went wonkey.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There were three pilots on board, and all three were reported to have stable family lives. One of the data recorders was recovered, but it's not clear if it's the CVR or FDR due to how damaged it is. It's believed to be the CVR, and the memory module doesn't appear to be as damaged as the casing. The 737-800 has roughly 5,000 aircraft built, with 22 hull losses since they started flying in 1994.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Could it be the same glitch that had the planes grounded wasn't it the 737 ?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

High speed crashes wouldn’t be a problem because the planes would be too heavy to fly.

Thank you for patiently and intelligently answering my dumb questions.

One last question.

If a pilot wanted to commit suicide by flying straight up, how high would the jet be able to go? Would it make it to outer space?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join