It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 737 nose dives into ground, Air crash in China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now it makes more sense.

Initiation of descent by autopilot adjusts elevator/trim and a sudden increase of airflow tears off tab. (Somehow)

How they even recovered temporarily is amazing if it was even them...

The Galloping Ghost accident on a 737 instead of a Mustang.

Like to know the recent maintenance. Can't find anything.
edit on 25-3-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yep. I'm going off memory.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The second recorder was found by firefighters searching the area. It was found buried about five feet deep. The aircraft left a crater about 65 feet at impact.

nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The second recorder was found by firefighters searching the area. It was found buried about five feet deep. The aircraft left a crater about 65 feet at impact.

nypost.com...

Five feet deep. Either that's some soft ground or that box was moving fast on impact.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i just caught the news,

it looks like they found the data recorder.

they also had a ceremony for the dead.

guess there is nothing left to do, just fill in the hole.

:

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Both based on the size of the crater.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

nypost.com...

Five feet deep. Either that's some soft ground or that box was moving fast on impact.

Wasn't it going over the speed of sound?

reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph? I heard it was found early on.
edit on 27-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

No, the CVR was found relatively quickly. The FDR was just found.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

nypost.com...

Is anyone suggesting suicide? Seems to be like full power into the ground at a 20,000 FPM descent.

edit on 27-3-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It wasn't though. They briefly recovered, and started to climb, before the final dive into the ground. It's possible it was, and the other pilots were briefly able to overcome the suicidal pilot, but it's not as straightforward as it appears.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   

It wasn't though. They briefly recovered, and started to climb, before the final dive into the ground. It's possible it was, and the other pilots were briefly able to overcome the suicidal pilot, but it's not as straightforward as it appears.

I just can't think of anything remotely that would have them in a max dive most likely at max power. Chinese pilots are under extreme stress I bet.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I just can't think of anything remotely that would have them in a max dive most likely at max power. Chinese pilots are under extreme stress I bet.

A rudder failure that resulted in the rudder moving hard over to one side or another. The elevators and ailerons wouldn't have enough force to compensate for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
A rudder failure that resulted in the rudder moving hard over to one side or another. The elevators and ailerons wouldn't have enough force to compensate for it.

Would that create a 20,000 FPM decent?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The USAir and United flights that suffered rudder reversals and crashed, both rolled and dove straight down into the ground. Neither had time to reach that kind of descent rate. Both were on final approach and at low altitude. The accident animation looked eerily similar to what we saw on the video here though.
edit on 3/28/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The USAir and United flights that suffered rudder reversals and crashed, both rolled and dove straight down into the ground. Neither had time to reach that kind of descent rate. Both were on final approach and at low altitude. The accident animation looked eerily similar to what we saw on the video here though.

Being on C-141s for 12 years then C-130s for 13 more it just seems strange something as bad as this would not be engineered out. What would it be a ruddle stuck full right or left? You can slip pretty far without losing control, but I would not want to see that on a C-130 that has basically a barn door for a rudder.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

There were three confirmed incidents of 737s suffering uncommanded rudder movements, or rudder movements opposite of pilot input. The NTSB reported that thermal shock, caused by hot hydraulic fluid hitting the cold PCU could cause the secondary arm to jam, and the primary arm to over travel. The USAir flight was at Flaps 1, and 190 knots at the time of the initial incident. An engineering test board put multiple crews through simulated events, under those conditions, and found that most crews wouldn’t be able to recover.

The third incident occurred over Virginia, and the pilot was able to use aileron, and engine inputs to regain control. The pilot of that aircraft said that he tried to use opposite rudder input, but the pedals felt stiff, and the rudder didn’t respond to the input.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The third incident occurred over Virginia, and the pilot was able to use aileron, and engine inputs to regain control. The pilot of that aircraft said that he tried to use opposite rudder input, but the pedals felt stiff, and the rudder didn’t respond to the input.

Would be ugly anyway you look at it. We also need to think about how inexperienced China pilots are. They have had a massive pilot production these last 10 years and they head home with very few hours under their belts.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Would be ugly anyway you look at it. We also need to think about how inexperienced China pilots are. They have had a massive pilot production these last 10 years and they head home with very few hours under their belts.

They all train in the US. Yeah, they wear these airline type uniforms, high water pants, sneakers, hardly can speak English on the radio, fly minimal hours in a Cirrus, DA40 or 172. Fly 747 patterns drive everyone nuts. They then Move straight into an airline jet in China.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

They all train in the US. Yeah, they wear these airline type uniforms, high water pants, sneakers, hardly can speak English on the radio, fly minimal hours in a Cirrus, DA40 or 172. Fly 747 patterns drive everyone nuts. They then Move straight into an airline jet in China.

From clown car to 777 lol

They are really bad on the radio, you just play see and avoid no matter what. I was number 1 on final as a Chinese student broke right in front of me instead of extending out past me. I basically did a go around to get away and up out of his way. The tower called me later to ask what happened and I just said well I instantly went from no 1 to no 2 on short final...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join