It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Incident Declared in London.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremyhuex

The Office for National Statistics could probably help there.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I mean total deaths in the UK per day. A lot of the covid deaths in the UK could be due to cancer and stuff like that considering the vast majority of them are over age 80.
edit on 18-12-2021 by Jeremyhuex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

šŸ˜‰

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

OK. Again, the thread is about London. Not the UK.

The topic of this thread is London.

and where is the Thames again and is it winter in London?

Why, yes it is. Glad you've noticed.

Never mind.

Seriously though what is this going on at Parliament Square

A bunch of delusional nutjobs kicking off because, they're nutjobs?

Yea but who, what and why are they pissed?

Cos they are nutjobs?

Yea but even nut jobs don't organize protests, they look normal to me.

Normal for the US, maybe?

And yes, nutjobs can and do organise protests.

Like your Capitol Rio....I mean peaceful gathering?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes thatā€™s what I saidā€¦
Ok letā€™s use masking as an exampleā€¦
Do you believe masks actually stop all transmission?
I assure you they do notā€¦
What they do is limit your exposure levelā€¦
Further more what they also do is a thing referred to as "variolationā€ in essence that says the lower dose due to masking in conjunction with your immune system serves as a natural form of inoculationā€¦

Furthermore it says that virus in which immune system plays a large role your immune system contributes to pathogenesisā€¦

So we can then deduce the initial dose of virus that a patient intakes is one likely determinant of the severity of illness That's separate from an individuals' subsequent viral load and level of replicating virus as measured by copies per mLā€¦

Hope that helps you understandā€¦
If not Iā€™m sure somebody somewhere has said it Iā€™m not going hunting for a link to something I understand and provided clarification onā€¦
edit on 18-12-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremyhuex
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I mean total deaths in the UK per day. A lot of the covid deaths in the UK could be due to cancer and stuff like that considering the vast majority of them are over age 80.

Well, I suppose they could be due to Alien abductions too?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

šŸ˜‰

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

Never mind.

Cos they are nutjobs?

Shows you can't even contemplate what others are going through.

Young people have lost job/school opportunities, people are not allowed to see family, much censorship has been put into place, transport is compromised, people are in despair over the future, elderly are isolated and painfully lonely, shops are getting empty, young children are suffering from lack of connection to anyone but immediate family, schools are utterly disrupted and kids going without the usual social events that make life worth living, the medical system is gutted (where I live) and you are calling those who are brave enough to speak out "nutjobs" ???

Wow, kinda heartless.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

šŸ˜‰

Never mind.

Cos they are nutjobs?

Yea but even nut jobs don't organize protests, they look normal to me.

I'm guessing you've never seen or been to UK protests before - look up groups like the WOMBLES, London Riots, Student Riots, May Day protests - protests don't happen without a lot of dark money coming from secretive groups trying to pretend it's an organic movement - i.e in this case Mike Adams is sponsoring the protest to promote his 'natural news/pseudoscience online empire/ecosystem that makes him millions by spreading anti-science and trapping readers in the ecosystem/alternate reality via advanced tracking methods and invasion of privacy.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Dangerous pathogens and worldwide pandemics don't have feelings through, people do.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

šŸ˜‰

Never mind.

Cos they are nutjobs?

Shows you can't even contemplate what others are going through.

Young people have lost job/school opportunities, people are not allowed to see family, much censorship has been put into place, transport is compromised, people are in despair over the future, elderly are isolated and painfully lonely, shops are getting empty, young children are suffering from lack of connection to anyone but immediate family, schools are utterly disrupted and kids going without the usual social events that make life worth living, the medical system is gutted (where I live) and you are calling those who are brave enough to speak out "nutjobs" ???

Wow, kinda heartless.

Is there a lockdown here?

No.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The alleged reasoning behind wearing masks is to stop people spreading the virus.
They reduce the risk of the virus coming out of the host, they do relatively little to prevent the virus getting through.
I think people have been pretty clear about this.

I'm no expert, I could be wrong.

As for the rest?
Once the virus enters a host there is a risk that it multiplies and spreads.
The body's immunity system - either naturally or with the aid of some sort of introduced vaccine - fights the virus.....to varying degrees of success.

No-one has convincingly explained why it affects some more than others.

As far as I'm aware the amount of virus initially introduced to the host has little to no bearing on how ill a person becomes.
And I've never seen it claimed in any sort of medical publication I've read.

I don't think its unreasonable to ask if you had a link etc.

Never claimed to be any sort of expert and have a pretty open mind....but I like supportive evidence, and condescending arrogance just sort of makes me switch off nowadays.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I apologize if my words make you feel as though Iā€™m being condescending I assure you viral load is without doubt responsible for how sick you will get from itā€¦
Youā€™re right about masks helps to lessen the spread also but thatā€™s not what you asked for information onā€¦
What I told you is direct evidence to support my claim that level of intake determines the severity and whyā€¦

Once again I meant you no disrespect but at the same time fully meant to assert my certainty on what you disbelieveā€¦
So Iā€™ll wish you well and also a Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No need to apologise.

Its not about what I believe or don't believe, I was merely saying I hadn't seen this claimed in any medical article I have read and was asking if you had a link so that I could read up on it.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear about that?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ok fair enough you are articulate enough for me to realize you wanted more to back up my claimā€¦
So I assumed you were in disbeliefā€¦
So I provided you with information to back up what I was sayingā€¦
As far as looking up somebody to back up what I said I donā€™t see the needā€¦
Iā€™m sure there are experts who have claimed what I said thereā€™s probably also some experts who would claim otherwise but what Iā€™ve provided says they are wrong if they have and whyā€¦

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Stay well and glad you both recovered . I have heard that if you have the double dose vaccine and get covid and recover you have really good immunity . It is hard to figure out what is right with all the flip flopping going on . Maybe someday they will have the right answers . Good Luck

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Same to you mate and your partner.

Don't know about really good immunity but COVID 19 for me was a really high temperature and fever for 3 days, felt like i had been kicked by a mule, loads of coughing and spluttering, could not smell or taste anything properly for about a week.

It's different for different people.

Luckily im not overweight, got Asthma or something similar which obviously are contributing factors where the onset of most diseases are concerned.

Im not fit through by any manner nor means, smoke far to much **** but not tobacco, can still muster 100m at pace but after that im dead on the carpet for about 10 mins. LoL
edit on 18-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No-one has convincingly explained why it affects some more than others.

That's the strangest thing about Covid - A few mates who are healthy mid 30s labourers were ICU on vents with it and woke from their comas to find out younger siblings and parents had died from it while they were in the coma. At the same time some people 100+ contracted it and were barely affected. I'm no expert but I;m not aware of any other respiritory virus behaving this way - it seems pot luck.

Personally I looked after a mate five days a week who unkowingly had Covid prior to the first recorded cases at the time - fits in with revised timeline and later proven with antibody tests - Drs thought he had lung cancer as he was coughing all the air out his body but lungs sounded 'dry' and a few courses of antibiotics did bugger all.

We took zero precautions, shared drinks bottles, no social distancing or sanitising, he'd regularly have coughing fits when we were sat next to/facing each other yet I never caught it (took antibosy test before vaccination) and I'm in the very high risk catagory due to epilepsy and meds depleting the immune system.

Even though he's worked outdoors all his life and been in perfect health his bloods showed massive Vit D deficiency and was put on prescription supliments to raise it - purely annecdotal opinion but I think the Vit D and Blood Group hypothesis may turn out to be accurate.
edit on 18-12-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I tested positive at the beginning of October,
The only symptoms I had was a slight bad chest, which I had out down to smoking a bit more than usual and a couple of what is best described as 'hot flushes'.
I am considered 'at risk' and am double jabbed.

Mt wife is classed as 'high risk'.
To be honest there was little social distancing between us during my 'isolation' yet she repeatedly tested negative.

I know others, some thought vulnerable, others not so, who haven't been so lucky.

There may be something in the Vitamin D theory, I don't know enough about it to give any sort reasoned opinion.

I haven't had my booster as I'm currently having other medical treatment for another sudden and unexpected serious medical issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: bastion

I haven't had my booster as I'm currently having other medical treatment for another sudden and unexpected serious medical issue.

Hate to hear that, hope everything goes well with this other issue and you have a complete recovery

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People need to understand that governments are deliberately stoking hysteria. They need an excuse to crack down on us. We've had too much freedom.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thanks.

Hate making a fuss over anything, only reason I mentioned it was that it is probably the major reason why I haven't had my booster yet.

Never backed down or away from anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join