It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Incident Declared in London.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: putnam6

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

😉

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

OK. Again, the thread is about London. Not the UK.

The topic of this thread is London.

and where is the Thames again and is it winter in London?

Why, yes it is. Glad you've noticed.

Never mind.

Seriously though what is this going on at Parliament Square.

edit on 18-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Folk don't generally die from the common cold?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Has there been any form of official info released about the person who'd died from Omicron yet? (imagine DPA and confidentiality agreements/NHS constitution would mean it could only be released with family constent based on the recent ruling of the tragic case of Woman A and her family.

There was a person who called LBC radio claiming to be a relative of the person who died saying they were an unvaccinated conspiracy theorist and perfectly healthy and would still be alive if they had the jab but my gut instinct says that was a prank call/false claim from a pro-vax nutter rather than a genuine account or story - it ticked every talking point and sounded like a script/advert rather than someone who had lost a relative.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

😉

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

Never mind.

Seriously though what is this going on at Parliament Square

A bunch of delusional nutjobs kicking off because, they're nutjobs?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I can relate your sentiments only so far…
I don’t know anybody who wouldn’t like for life to return to normal…
But Covid isn’t a cold…
If you get it and that’s all it can be compared to you…
That’s great your a little better off for it…
I wish it was all a lie even the governments of the world wouldnt have been able to perpetuate it for this long…
And if you think it’s going away anytime soon I’m sorry to say that’s wrong also…
edit on 18-12-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wait. Their death rate is way down. Even in absolute numbers it is lowest in months. Why are they locking down during Christmas for the second year in a row?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

To avoid any confusion let me get this right; you are saying that how bad a person gets is determined by how much of the virus has got into the body?

Have you got any sort of links or supportive evidence to back this up?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No. And it was probably just a lie to scare people into taking a booster jab.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Folk don't generally die from the common cold?

Not normally, but they can if their immunity isn't up to par and they have comorbidities. Always has been that way and always will be. So, not saying it can't be serious for some but to lockdown a whole society is insane. People are suffering a lot more from these over the top measures due to isolation and little to do but worry.

It would make more sense to let most people get the sniffles and do more for those who are compromised. We have seniors here who are so isolated that their quality of life is dangerously low all in the name of keeping them safe from a cold that may not kill them.

Two years is a lot of time in elderly people's lives. It's a long time to not hug grandchildren, have family casually drop by to check on you, hang out with friends. These things are not impossible but the new measures are making it so much harder.

I wouldn't fancy being on my last legs with age, infirmity, disease and not be able to see my family, just to protect my health. No value in that.
edit on 18-12-2021 by igloo because: forgot a word

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

😉

Never mind.

Yea but who, what and why are they pissed?

edit on 18-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Did all these folk just have a sniffle?

coronavirus.data.gov.uk...

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

😉

Never mind.

Cos they are nutjobs?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Oh come on. The rate is so low is it below seasonal flu level. Keep in mind for every case there are like 10 asymptomatic carriers.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jeremyhuex

Tell that to the dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

😉

Never mind.

Cos they are nutjobs?

Yea but even nut jobs don't organize protests, they look normal to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

How many people die in the UK every day? Do you have a number?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I can relate your sentiments only so far…
I don’t know anybody who wouldn’t like for life to return to normal…
But Covid isn’t a cold…
If you get it and that’s all it can be compared to you…
That’s great your a little better off for it…
I wish it was all a lie even the governments of the world would have been able to perpetuate it for this long…
And if you think it’s going away anytime soon I’m sorry to say that’s wrong also…

Perpetuating fear is wrong and also harmful for people's immune systems and that is not fair of the governments/media to do.

I had a flu/cold/thing one time that made me lose 20lbs I couldn't afford to, lost hearing, lost sense of smell/taste some permanent, high fever for a week, couldn't walk up stairs without an inhaler for many months after... not saying poor me but saying this is the nature of living in a body. These things happen, maybe was run down at the time, exposure to chemicals, genetics, who knows but the fact of the matter is we are animals and are vulnerable to disease. We cannot protect everyone and shouldn't try to. At the time I was probably contagious but no one else got it that bad and I wouldn't want their lives put on hold for two years to have prevented it. Life comes with risk. We can't all be boy in the bubble but that is basically what they are doing . Basic, common sense measures should suffice not this infernal lockdown.

It is like the herd is so afraid it is running off a cliff when all they have to do is think individually and stop. It's been two bloody years of this nonsense.

link   
a reply to: putnam6

Nut jobs don't organize protests???

Have you not seen that Insulate Britain mob?

Or the antics of the EDL or Tommy Robinsons shenanigans.

Nut jobs do indeed organize ""protests"".

link   

originally posted by: Jeremyhuex
a reply to: bastion

No. And it was probably just a lie to scare people into taking a booster jab.

Agreed - here's a link to the radio clip - It doesn't sound or read like a genuine account plus he claims the person fell ill at the start of december which would put them in the first handful of people to contract it and there would be a lot more deaths from it by now if the description of his health and hermit nature were accurate.

I'm not 100% sure but have a vague memory the caller may be liable for prosecution/fine for spreading such false info under OFCOM rules (used to have a radio show 2005 - 2012ish and regulations were incredibly strict).

'He'd still be here if he'd had the jab' claim of alleged relative of first Omicron death - “If you’re vaccinated and you’ve got your booster, you should be alright. It’s the ones that haven’t got it, they’re the ones that need to be worried now.”

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremyhuex

How many people die in the UK every day? Do you have a number?

Yes:

coronavirus.data.gov.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join