It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Incident Declared in London.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Granitebones

Sneaky bastards that they are "Major Incident" is probably just new Tory in house jargon for "Christmas Party".

When I read "Major incident" I assumed some northerner had gone to town for some shopping and said "Hello" to some strangers on the tube!

Ha Ha! I seem to remember that from the Daily Mash but can't find a link!

😉

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: bastion
reply to: putnam6

Meanwhile in reality -

Third person dies in storm Arwen

Urgent danger to life warning as storm Barra causes blizzards, tornadoes and claims life

Two lakes join in worst flooding in recennt history - I was there 10 days earlier sailing/canooing and the lake was in drought and several metres below normal levels - rose 15m higher than that in the storm due to a couple of months rain in 24 hrs. Flooded two floors of the centre (charity called Calvert Trust that gives disabled people the oppurtunity to try activities they'd usuallly be barred from due to health and safety bollocks)
Bassenthwaite and Haweswater lakes flood and merge due to flooding

So the floods swept the Thames out of the UK? damn

Obvously not as the Thames is a river down south and the story is clearly about two lakes joining duee to historic flooding in the Lake District, Cumbria in North West England. If you knew anything about the UK climate or geography you'd know it has nothing to do with the weather in London (pretty sure people were sunbathing and crowding on beaches in the heatwave there at the same time as the floods here).

The Thames isn't the only place or body of water in the UK - it helps to read links and understand the geography of the UK when trying to claim there's no difference between the climate down south and up north or contrast between East and West of the Pennines.

EDIT: Agreed I'm off topic and to be perfectly honest I can't quite remember what point I was originally trying to make other than there's a hhuge difference in climate but it's pretty redundant as Southerners tend to hibernate if it's below 10c while Northerers still wear shorts in - 10c. I've got the Drambuie rambles.
edit on 18-12-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That show was terrible but that one little bit was golden.

"I'm sorry that I was happy.....I'm going back on the train now".

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Sorry I didn’t know you couldn’t read, I guess that’s why you are incapable of interpreting the information that was provided which is the only information available at this early stage of statistics… What you refer to as predictive is the gold standard for earliest indication on such matters… Since you don’t know what it’s saying… It says there are deaths associated to Omicron but they haven’t given the actual counts as of yet…
So the claim of 0 deaths in South Africa due to Omicron is 100% false

edit on 18-12-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

😉

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's because this new variant is more infectious.

And the Thames is not in Scotland?

good lord is you and missus fighting again or are you at the pub.LOL or I guess you can't go to the pub might be the issue

He dont drink alcohol. Just Koolade

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Link or it didn't happen. Omicron is a dud but Delta is still going . I have two doses of Moderna and got covid so did my wife and we are both in our late 60's . It is a moderate to mild cold , and Omicron is even milder ( so far )

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Meanwhile in reality the thread was about Diseases and Pandemic in the UK and you took off and ran with a comment to Carpy BTW about the Thames not being locally in Scotland and the vast differences in the weather from London to Edinburgh or wherever.

London. I know you think the UK is tiny and everyone here knows each other but London, the topic of this thread, is quite some way from Scotland.

Geography is not well taught in the US, as has been obvious to the rest of the World for quite some time.

😉

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

It's because this new variant is more infectious.

And the Thames is not in Scotland?

good lord is you and missus fighting again or are you at the pub.LOL or I guess you can't go to the pub might be the issue

He dont drink alcohol. Just Koolade

Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

You?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

A link has already been provided…
The IQ of this thread continues to plunge…
Delta is a 1.06 Omicron is a 3 to 4+
edit on 18-12-2021 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

😉

I will say this you've done very well to take an offhand one sentence jab, to completely derail a thread about the UK locking down again, and the only reason I brought up Scotland was that the hospitalizations ARE increasing there, pretty much agreeing there is a reason to be concerned. Yet all you 2 can do is piss and moan because of one comment about winter on the Thames. Again derailing the thread almost like it was planned or something

OK. Again, the thread is about London. Not the UK.

Derailing?

Not me.

Planned?

Get an Atlas.

The topic of this thread is London.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Although more hospitalizations are anticipated due to exponential rise in infections, the immediate problem seems to be a breakdown of NHS services caused by the number of staff having to bow out and self isolate.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Hopefully with the Omicron variant it will be less potent if somewhat more transmissible, and the same to similar with the next mutation that takes hold, after all viruses don't wish to kill the host body.

Me(46) and the Mrs(38) also have COVID 19 Mk1 in January, that was a lot more than a mild cold let me assure you.

I was ok after about 3 days but she was really bad for 10 days straight, requiring hospitalisation, if they had not been at capacity.

Im triple Pfizer flavoured as of yesterday by the way and she is double AstraZenecad with a shot of Moderna for good measure.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

😉

and where is the Thames again and is it winter in London?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

One thing that people don’t understand is that how sick you get is not so much based on which variant it is, your genetics and existing disorders play a much larger role. But what makes the biggest difference is your level of exposure in other words your intake of contagion…

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Aye tick the correct boxes and have predispositions and COVID 19 can indeed be very dangerous.

Thing with a lot of those "existing disorders" however, like TB and/or Asthma for instance, is that they are directly linked to poor housing and poverty amongst our respective populations which is another aspect to consider possibly linked to the mortality rates in certain poorer areas.
edit on 18-12-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But what makes the biggest difference is your level of exposure in other words your intake of contagion…

Could you please clarify and elaborate on this as I honestly have not heard that before?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

😉

and where is the Thames again and is it winter in London?

Why, yes it is. Glad you've noticed.

Never mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: andy06shake

One thing that people don’t understand is that how sick you get is not so much based on which variant it is, your genetics and existing disorders play a much larger role. But what makes the biggest difference is your level of exposure in other words your intake of contagion…

Just like the common cold of old.

Can't for the life of me understand why people are freaking out about a freaking cold.

Life and death happens and we all hang out somewhere in between, hopefully enjoying it. I'm older and don't want to spend the rest of my days in lockdown over other people's phobias. Time is precious and calling this a major incident after almost two years is absurd.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Really?
It is the absolute truth…
No different to level of exposure to radiation for example…
It’s a cumulative effect

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join