It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crypto Warning

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Ksihkehe

India just joined the regulation train.

It's just falling dominos at this point.

Aside from the few countries already on the outskirts of global finance, every country and central bank will be digital in some capacity within the decade. Not sure if they'll all be implemented and fully integrated at retail, but it's coming. The priority will be liquidity at the top end I suspect, then downward integration to retail and payment processors.

I think the credit card/debit industry might see some changes as a result of all this eventually, but I'm not deep enough in that world to know exactly what those changes will look like. Something about settlement times, I think they end up making more money. Do they ever not end up making more money?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I like the 'benign' part, that should reassure everyone:

Bitcoin Tops $42,000 as Biden Unveils ‘Benign’ Crypto Oversight.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Sending you response, changed phones, and reactivated email. Only just caught up with the latest, and, as always, it’s appreciated.
edit on 9/3/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Sending you response, changed phones, and reactivated email. Only just caught up with the latest, and, as always, it’s appreciated.

I don't have much to offer right now. I didn't have much then and now things are even more jacked up. Too much static and too few people acting rationally. The shills don't know if they're buying a dip or selling the highs. They're so confused there's nary a rug pull to be found.

Augustus has the juicy info right now, but he can't give us much. It's good to see it in black and white though. I "knew" where things were heading, but that was a whole lot of reading between lines. I was finding lines to read between, between the lines I already read. It's good to have real confirmation from somebody that has a track record, but we've barely left the starting gate.

I do have an interesting thing to ponder though. With the added pressure to sanction Russia they're being driven much harder and deeper into China's arms than I expected, though it seems Russia already had a pretty good idea where things were going. With the digital Yuan coming fast and a massive logistics nightmare tracking Russian commodities possibly Vechain comes into play. It could be a complete circle from the ground to pump and all stops in between, tracked and verified.

Eventually, if I tell you about Vechain enough, it will moon. This is the way.

No matter what happens I expect to be out of many projects within 6 months, but back in within a year. Vechain is probably one I'll keep through. I don't think it'll retrace enough to much dent my original buy prices so unless I run into a financial crisis it's just going to sit. In the next 4 weeks or so I'm looking to exit anything hanging around that isn't ISO or a convincing similar acronym. It's mostly very small bags. I'm not holding any of the BTR vote rewards more than a week, directly back into BTR. I'm already sitting in more cash than I have in a while, just in the past few days, and I haven't bothered to really nail down what buyback prices I'm looking for.

As always that's subject to change, probably before I finish typing.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like the 'benign' part, that should reassure everyone:

Bitcoin Tops $42,000 as Biden Unveils ‘Benign’ Crypto Oversight.

How badly can you screw up an order to start thinking about, looking at, developing, maybe, something? It's like Biden is so bad everybody is surprised BTC didn't go to zero when he picked up his pen, me included. Biden's not even the scariest person in this process. I think he's too old to learn and too rich to care. Warren, now Warren is scary. She's too old to learn and too dumb to know it. She's an "advocate" that's refused to learn anything useful about crypto so it's almost a completely foregone conclusion she'll be heavily involved with whatever committee handles the bulk of the statutory language. I'm sure she's already nosing around. If we can keep her and the Ethereum Foundation from doing too much damage I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think the Ethereum Foundation will be around, but I think their wings are clipped due to SEC scandals right now.

We'll see how benign it is when they roll out "qualified" investor rules for all non-CBDC coins. That's the scariest realistic proposal I expect to get floated. There will be a ton of harmful and moronic rules floated, but most of them won't even be realistic. These clowns don't know the difference between a BTC and a subway token.

Senator Warren is worried about protecting people from crypto now that her crusade against Nigerian princes apparently dead-ended. Granted the voter base she's trying to protect pre-dates electricity, but the 70+ demographic was financially devastated when Pootoken collapsed right on the heels of the Cumrocket rugpull.

The world needed a hero to shield the elderly from feces and semen tokens. Elizabeth Warren is that hero. To honor her ancestors she plans to present a counter proposal to the Fedcoin. Warren will bring her people, that she holds so dear, back into the global limelight. Through her ancestral teachings, having fasted 40 days in the desert under the enchanent of the sacred jenkem, she developed the final evolution of global commerce. The new "wampum standard" will be backing every dollar with hand-woven baskets, beaver quills, and pemmican.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Warren has to justify her miserable existence. We both know there's all kinds of shading dealings going on but when these nitwits get involved I tend to think their pals and the lobbyists will be the ones reaping the benefits.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just found your secret 4chan account. Lol

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What happened? I thought crypto was insurance against inflation?

Bitcoin down 50% in the past 6 months....

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

It's down more than that now. Hopefully all the winners playing the pump and dump game didn't buy it at $60K+, $50K, $40K, $30K and now $25K. Nice hedge against inflation.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Man getting hammered today .......

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This genius strikes again:

To add to MicroStrategy's woes, the company now faces what's known as a "margin call," a situation where an investor has to commit more funds to avoid losses on a trade augmented with borrowed cash.

The company took out a $205 million loan from Silvergate, a crypto-focused bank, to continue its bitcoin buying spree. To secure the loan, MicroStrategy posted some of the bitcoin it held on its books as collateral.

Shares of MicroStrategy, considered by some as a proxy for investing in bitcoin, tumbled more than 25% on Tuesday, taking its year-to-date losses to over 70%. That's even worse than bitcoin's performance — the No. 1 digital coin has roughly halved in price since the start of 2022.

edit on 15-6-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Bank of England boss Bailey says 'be prepared to lose all your money' in crypto after lender Celsius freezes accounts

As crypto markets tumbled, the governor of the Bank of England doubled down on warning people they should brace for big losses if they decide to invest in digital assets.

"If you want to invest in these assets, OK. But be prepared to lose all your money," Andrew Bailey told lawmakers Monday.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join