It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The common cold... for when you can't get covid...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

To get you started
draxe.com...

Oleuropein, one of the primary compounds in olive leaf, has attracted attention since the early 1900s because of its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Studies have found that oleuropein, which is a polyphenol, is a potent antioxidant that helps to lower blood pressure naturally and prevent cardiovascular disease. Oleuropein also displayed anti-cancer functions when it made tumors in animals regress or disappear.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I searched some journal databases, but am not finding the specific studies I was looking for. Here is a web search that brings up a lot of articles about medicinal uses for oil of oregano. I clicked a few pages of results and saw that many of the articles are citing studies and have links to the studies.

web search for: "oregano oil" + "flu" studies
edit on 27 10 2021 by tamusan because: fixed link. I hope

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It sounds like you may have some allergies to something in the air. Those firefighting chemicals they were using on the fires created air chemistry that made me conjested more than the seasonal problems I get in the fall. I get a cold, it usually lasts three to five days, I have a longer term of coughing from a cold than from the flu most times, but usually it is just a cough and lots of muccous. I have lots of issues with seasonal allergies, usually when I get a cold it is in January and I get one almost every year. I usually Never get a fever with a common cold.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: sraven
Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup
McIlhenny Tabasco Sauce (or if you are hard core - little can of diced Jalapeno)
Box of Kleenex.
Saltines if you want.

Shake enough hot sauce into your bowl of soup that your nose starts running freely after about the second spoonful.

THATis medicinal.. I eat Jalapenos like peanuts.. handful at a time. Problem is, it hurts more coming out than going down

yes, if you eat enough of em. Tabasco Sauce does not have that affect. You can literally put a few drops on your tongue to arrive at a sinus clearing reaction.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

I've eaten all kinds hot sauce by the gallon for most of my life and have ever experienced it clearing my sinuses.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It sounds like you may have some allergies to something in the air. Those firefighting chemicals they were using on the fires created air chemistry that made me conjested more than the seasonal problems I get in the fall. I get a cold, it usually lasts three to five days, I have a longer term of coughing from a cold than from the flu most times, but usually it is just a cough and lots of muccous. I have lots of issues with seasonal allergies, usually when I get a cold it is in January and I get one almost every year. I usually Never get a fever with a common cold.

That sounds like me 100%.. with the added loss of voice. I'm having a hard time talking, but it's not too bad. Mucous out the nose, and having sleep apnoea I can barely sleep and my throat dries out. No fever or other aches. It could be, but I'm no where near any foreign substances in the air.

I am going to look into getting some oregano oil around here. it's been one heck of a week, I have even had to put off a blood test for tomorrow as as soon as they see me, I will be most likely told they can't see me, and send me for testing. And that is a long walk for someone with no transport.

I've not had a cold or flu in over a decade. But the first time I'm sent to hospital for other things, I get a bug.

Cheers mate...

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Awesome!! Thanks, I'm gonna search for some tonight, it can't hurt. I'm currently taking N-Acetyl Cysteine, and Milk thistle. One more for my liver which is basically dying on me.. but it also helps with lung issues. I also take tumeric, bicarb and acv. my kitchen is full of things I don't cook with. haha..

I'd heard of oregano oil before, but never actually considered it.

Have to thank everyone for their advice.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

To get you started
draxe.com...

Oleuropein, one of the primary compounds in olive leaf, has attracted attention since the early 1900s because of its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Studies have found that oleuropein, which is a polyphenol, is a potent antioxidant that helps to lower blood pressure naturally and prevent cardiovascular disease. Oleuropein also displayed anti-cancer functions when it made tumors in animals regress or disappear.

Definitely adding it to my list. I'm building an entire pharmacopoeia these days, and I sure need it.

Thanks DTOM !!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup
McIlhenny Tabasco Sauce (or if you are hard core - little can of diced Jalapeno)
Box of Kleenex.
Saltines if you want.

Shake enough hot sauce into your bowl of soup that your nose starts running freely after about the second spoonful.

THATis medicinal.. I eat Jalapenos like peanuts.. handful at a time. Problem is, it hurts more coming out than going down

yes, if you eat enough of em. Tabasco Sauce does not have that affect. You can literally put a few drops on your tongue to arrive at a sinus clearing reaction.

Sounds like a good excuse to make some morning bloody mary's !!

I certainly know the goodness a hot chili has on a blocked nose. Just ate a bowl of rice, bok choi and some chili garlic. I just know in a few hours I'm gonna be back to honking into a bag of tissues.. well over a week now. surely I'm out of this soon.. hope the weekend sees me right.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I've eaten all kinds hot sauce by the gallon for most of my life and have ever experienced it clearing my sinuses.

I have. It might be different for different people, but I remember once, someone from the US sent me a bottle, 200ml of this crazy sauce. Had a red triangle on it, and a warning for the elderly to be very careful. just a drop would make my entire face melt. definitely cleared anything that was blocked up.

I've never had a sauce so hot. I think it was made in a russian nuclear reactor..

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That sounds like me 100%.. with the added loss of voice. I'm having a hard time talking, but it's not too bad. Mucous out the nose, and having sleep apnoea I can barely sleep and my throat dries out. No fever or other aches. It could be, but I'm no where near any foreign substances in the air.

I am going to look into getting some oregano oil around here. it's been one heck of a week, I have even had to put off a blood test for tomorrow as as soon as they see me, I will be most likely told they can't see me, and send me for testing. And that is a long walk for someone with no transport.

I've not had a cold or flu in over a decade. But the first time I'm sent to hospital for other things, I get a bug.

Cheers mate...

I hated going to the doctors office or hospital. That is where all the sick people are, it seems like my immune system would go wild for a day after bringing my mother in to her appointments, people coughing and hacking all over the place.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Maybe time for chicken soup.
chicken with bone
celery
garlic
onion
salt
pepper
chicken cubes ( dried condensed chicken flavor )

serve with macaroni or french bread with butter

Then eat something SUPER spicy and clear up those sinuses!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So, the past week I've been sick. More nose glue than you can post friends letters with, a sore throat, and a cough that wakes the neighbours up with.

At first I was concerned.. I've not had a cold or the flu in over a decade. Yet I had to go to hospital for x-rays and blood tests and 5 days later I'm wondering if I'd caught the dreaded coof.. So I did the right thing, hand sanitizer every time I moved, and limited myself to the bedroom.. which truthfully, was the only place I wanted to be.

A week now, I'm still blowing goober bubbles out of my nose, and my chest is intolerant to breathing, but no fever, no aches, nothing more than what I remember a bad cold to be.

How did I catch a cold with such an extreme environment of people being super repressed? It's unfathomable. I mean, it is a coronavirus.. Shouldn't all those safe people have protected me? Masked up, diligently staying distant, etc??

I wonder how many people have just a common cold and are diagnosed as having the dastardly coof..

Numbers make money, I guess... But I know this, if this is just how they were, pussies....

end of rant, wasn't really a rant, just wanted to vent.. and there is no vent forum...

I just got over something myself.
I had the vid last year...and it felt like the flu which I have had before.
But this past week, I had about what you had...and went nowhere and Nyquiled up...just like I did with CV. I was not about to see a doctor...and I refuse to get tested. I too think that most who are sick are sick with normal seasonal stuff - and none of that stuff is anything to take lightly either....yet, it is not treated nearly as bad as CV.
Get well soon!

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I heard not wearing a jacket( and not letting your body climatise) is a good way of catching one.

No, human social interaction what so ever, and you can still get an Pneumonia, if you let it.
edit on 28-10-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I wonder how many people have just a common cold and are diagnosed as having the dastardly coof..

Not many, since they are quite different.

posted on Oct, 28 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Proto88

I heard not wearing a jacket( and not letting your body climatise) is a good way of catching one.

I heard leaving the house with wet hair...

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I know. I used to participate in Jalapeño eating contests when I was younger. Never had a problem.
Then I got a little older. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join