It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer-Azizos deus bonus puer phosphorus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is much talk of world leaders worshipping Lucifer but very little actual research on what that would involve, generally it is considered that this would relate to Venus as Morning star but from the Biblical perspective Mars as Morning star is a much more likely candidate, in the greater Semitic region this was understood as Azizos.

Azizos and Arsus

‘Azizu/Azizos is the one that powerfully paves the way through darkness for the rising sun

‘Azîzû as a male astral god has his female variant in the well-known north Arabian goddess for the morning star: al-‘Uzzâ, whose name is the Arabic feminine form of masculine ‘Azîz(û)

Father Hieronymus (fourth century) in his work “Hilarion’s Life” also comments on the cult in Elusa, whose inhabitants “worship her (i. e. Venus) because of Lucifer to whose cult the people of the Saraceni are much dedicated”. It is important here that the name of the child of god is said to be Lucifer

A reminder that the idea of the child of god also explicitly applied to ‘Azizu/Azizos is found in the previously mentioned Latin inscriptions from Dacia and Algeria, in which Azizos besides being called deus bonus phosphorus is also termed puer. “the boy child

Mars Evening star was Arsus, closely related to Ares, Mars/Ares also relating to the God of Edom Dushara, as a son of Venus.

“Theus-Ares (i. e. Dousares): this is the god Ares in Petra of Arabia. The god Ares is worshipped among them, for they honour him especially. The image is a black stone, square, unshaped (atypotos) , and this identification or combination is further confirmed by the fact that Dushares in Bostra is identified with the local god A‘ra, a form that Greek inscriptions in that place render by Arras which - as was the case with ’Ar$u in Palmyra is phonetically close to the name of the god Ares, Azizos was identified as Ares by Julian in his work 'Hymn to King Helios'. He says "Now I am aware that Ares, who is called Azizos by the Syrians who inhabit Emesa

It is not without reason that in the Aramaic and the Greco-Latin material Shahar is called ‘Azizu/Azizos, “the Strong One”

The negative aspect in Biblical tradition relates to Azizis/Azaz-el as being the original cause of contention, causing the fall, Azz meaning strong also closely relates to Uzz meaning goat, thus Azizos gets blamed for everything, the scapegoat.

‘Azaz’el as being identical with ‘Aziz(u) that the Hebrew name must necessarily mean “Strong (is) God (or: El”) or “God’s (or: El’s) strength”

What the First Book of Enoch says about ‘Azazel’s nature or character is quite clear from ch. 86, 1, where Enoch describes his vision: “And I watched again with my eyes while I slept, and I saw the sky above, and lo, a star fell from the sky, and it rose and ate and grazed among these bulls” and v. 3 goes on: “And I had a vision again, and I looked at the sky, and lo, I saw many stars fall down and rush from the sky down to that first star”. In ch. 87 four archangels are mentioned in the form of “white people”

it becomes evident that ‘Azazel in chs. 86-88 is a now fallen god of an astral character. And it is as obvious that behind the passages quoted are the Isaiah prophecy, ch. 14, 12 sqq., and the description of the scapegoat, Leviticus 16.

This then is Mars Morning star as the causer of contention as relating to the Fall, highly unlikely to be what the likes if the Free Masons understand as Lucifer which probably does relate more to Venus Morning star and their mighty contention with gender issues, in their dreams they may even imagine themselves as adepts of Mercury Morning star but the opposite is the case, generally they're just silly.

‘Azaz’el as a demonized, originally astral god alias ‘Azizü/Shahar Book of Enoch, chs. 86-88, describing the fall of the rebellious astral gods; here it is said about ‘Azaz ’el, ch. 86, 1: “And again I saw with mine eyes as I slept, and I saw the heaven above, and behold a star fell from heaven, and it arose and eat and pastured amongst these oxen”

In Egypt Mars was Horus d'sr, red/angry/warlike, again this probably not the Lucifer the Free Masons had in mind but the one they're going to get.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A fine thread. Star and flag

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Maybe it's ironic that people argue over Lucifer when he was the Star of contention and if they ever agreed that would be his end, any who disagree are the real Luciferians...

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Venus Morning star and their mighty contention with gender issues

Could you please elaborate on this? Which gender issues do you refer to?

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Now I am really confused. I thought Lucifer was the name of a TV show.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've see the light a couple of times, recently it was about to shatter through the endless sea of illusionary patterns, before I turned away

If lucifer is the light bringer

What is the light

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Evolution is fact because heads and brains are getting bigger, intelligence is growing. I feel this happens in stages, we are at a stage where our knowledge and capacity to see things will change. DaVinci painted the mona Lisa, amazing.
Today people can paint photorealisticly, far beyond divinci, because they can see more, we are about to jump in consciousness, adaptable humans will become superhumans.
There will be casualties/sacrifices

This is ckear

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Venus Morning star as Ashtar/Athtart, the Mesopotamian Istaran, Venus as gender fluid in a Metaphysical/serpentine sense, similar to the Atum in Egypt. The linked paper in the OP also considers Athtart as a potential Morning star.

Ištaran is the god of Der in the Elamite borderland. Although his three main traits are that of a dying god, an arbitrator and judge, and a chthonic snake god, he is also related with the sky: he is Venus (Ištar-ān) and one of his names is An-gal/Anû rabû "Great An." He appears with the lower body of a winding snake.

Istaran

a reply to: DAVG1980

What is the light

In the general sense the light of day, but the Biblical sense is with regards to the contentions of the Fall, they took a reactionary position on that whereas others took the positive, Heavenly intervention as benevolent, it takes two too contend.

The reactionary position
edit on 18-10-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Isn't that all more about the meme they represent now in the noösphere through our language? And what tiny portion of humans long time ago associated with it is not even present aside from maybe a dozen experts on ancient cultures?
It's not like they're actual beings, they're memes, creations of cultural concept.
If I start a cult now worshipping Inanna and I ascribe attributes to her and my cult focused all their intentions and mental capacities on calling her forward, it will not be the same as the ancient original.

Point in case Horus had more than 15 very different cults in ancient Egypt, they all 'saw him work' as he was supposed to according to their 'brand'.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Not really because the question of true and false is a determining factor and the archetypes manifest through humanity, in terms of the strong one Azizos the Greek Ares proved stronger and the Roman Mars even stronger than that in terms of contention, with that archetype might is always right, hence Edomite religion translated to Rome and Catholicism, but then again Azizos is also the basis of the archetype of Saint George contending with the Dragon.

The Divine child as Aeon had a yearly celebration but was also related to the greater Zodiac cycle and the contendings at the dawn of a New Age, as Aeon-Mithra emergent from the interior of the Earth to re-establish Covenant of the Ages, very topical really.

Dushara

The leaders of the idolaters … in many places hold a great feast on the very night of Epiphany… First of all, in Alexandria they hold festival in what is called the Coreum, which is a great temple, namely the sacred precinct of Core.They stay awake the whole night singing hymns to the idol to the accompaniment of flutes. They keep it up the entire night, and after cockcrow torchbearers descend into an underground shrine and bring up a wooden statue seated naked on a litter…

They carry the statue in a circle seven times around the very center of the temple to the accompaniment of flutes,kettledrums, and hymns and thus reveling carry it back down to the place underground. Asked what the rite means, they say: Today at this hour Core (meaning the virgin) engendered Aeon.

This is also done in the city of Petra in the temple of the idol there. They sing hymns to the virgin in Arabic, calling her in Arabic“Chaamu”, which means Core or “virgin”,and the one born from her “Du sares”…The rite is also performed in the city of Elusa on that night as in Petra and Alexandria…

In Sumer this was the son of Inanna as Sara which had translated into Edom, correct facts are important.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

'Facts' in regards to ancient history is kind of a stretch in itself. Those are always subjective to some 'filling the gaps', conjecture and interpretation as there's no human ever past, present or future free from bias.
You used Hieronymus as a source, Julian etc. the Romans weren't exactly great in truthful reporting. Not about their own history much less about stuff they had second hand paraphrasis of fifth hand accounts.

Archetypes you say? Is that your thing? And what do you believe they are? And I don't want an answer like 'Jung said...' but I want to know do you believe archetypes are immortal and immutable? If a true and false exists and matters, you kind of have to believe they are, right?
But then how can they change name and quality as in 'becoming stronger'?
That seems like it would logically cancel eachother out, wouldn't it? So how is that possible?

edit on 18-10-2021 by Peeple because: a

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

do you believe archetypes are immortal and immutable? If a true and false exists and matters, you kind of have to believe they are, right?

Yes i believe archetypes are simply Divine and that the original teaching of the sages was the Seven Divine Archetypes, the idea of seven sages being synonomous with that tradition, in Vedic tradItIon there were seven clans and seven schools of natural philosophy derived from such.

I also think they are neutral in terms of good and evil and that such is relative to intent and application, if we take for example Jupiter and the principle of Order that can be benevolvent and supportive or crushing and oppressive as we see today, it is a mistake to think that Order is always good and to be respected.

The same with Mars and contention, it is good to hate and contend with evil whereas evil will always contend with the good. It is the same with Mars as Evening star, the more loving aspect, it is not good to love evil, love is not an absolute ideal but relative in application

The names aren't important only what is understood by them rooted in the particular language, they all tend towards the preferable absolute, you would need to consider how dedicated the Romans were to Mars as a basis of strength.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thanks. I know see where the interesting issue lies. It seems we need to accept Der was at the border of Elyam (Elam), though my understanding always was it was at this side of the border (that is: it was an Elamite city), while the authors of the papers you linked to seems to believe it was definitely a Sumerian city, or at least a Kingdom aligned with Sumer and not with Elyam. Interesting.

I need to ask: is the translation Great An for Anû rabû an accepted one? I would believe it really means First An. Or primeval An, or Original An, you get it.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Okay. Cool.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Since the concept of Lucifer was a mediaeval Christian creation (based on a Latin translation of a text), I think it's very unlikely that anyone has ever been consciously worshipping him.
Even those who say they do, I suspect, are only doing it because they know it annoys many Chrsitians.
edit on 18-10-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Not for the yezidis, though. Neither for the ninabis, nor for the alashi, who all believe he is not a source of evil or wickedness, but rather the leader of the archangels, and not just a mere fallen angel.

On the other hand, Christians are easily annoyed, anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980
I've see the light a couple of times, recently it was about to shatter through the endless sea of illusionary patterns, before I turned away

What is the light

The light is knowledge harmful to humans, technology and others that were not meant for us but is destructive for us.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

It's Akkadian and has relationship to generative cause, the principle of increase.

For example, the different translations of the verb rabû (“to be / become big”) were harmonized as “big,” which led to the adjective rabû being considered the same word as the verb

The Istaran cult of Der is the essential Ubaid period cult that was declining in popularity/acceptance, the earliest centre of that was Susa before Mesopotamia, that collapsed and Uruk which had been a satellite became the focal point of continuation, it's notable that the Divine child is considered the son of the Venus Goddess Inanna and Anu in some self engendered fashion.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Since the concept of Lucifer was a mediaeval Christian creation (based on a Latin translation of a text), I think it's very unlikely that anyone has ever been consciously worshipping him.
Even those who say they do, I suspect, are only doing it because they know it annoys many Chrsitians.

I don't see how anyone could read the bible and not believe that Satan. the devil/ lucifer is not being worshiped.
It doesn't matter which names being used.

The pope sees Satan as a Man

The devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned.

Satan is not a metaphor or a nebulous concept but a real person armed with dark powers, the Pope said in forthright remarks made during a television interview.

“He is evil, he’s not like mist. He’s not a diffuse thing, he is a person. One must never converse with Satan — if you do that, you’ll be lost,” he told TV2000, a Catholic channel. “He’s more intelligent than us. He always pretends to be polite, that’s how he enters your mind, but it ends badly if you don’t realize what is happening in time. (We should tell him) go away!

www.catholicsarenotchristians.com...

Isa 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned.

“He is evil, he’s not like mist. He’s not a diffuse thing, he is a person. One must never converse with Satan — if you do that, you’ll be lost,

This is as i mentioned, if you contend with this principle in it's perfect form you will lose, but one shouldn't simply ignore Divine principles either and the Pope might find he got things a little muddled when it comes to the manifestation of this archetype in the negative/positive sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join