It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who picked 'William Shatner really goes to Space' in Apocalypse Bingo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Who would have thought William Shatner would really go to Space?

Even after they announced it, I still found it a bit unbelievable.

And I was disappointed that they didn't have them all on camera for the flight.

Did anyone else watch?

And are we now in a 'Post'-Apocalypse world?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

So did he boldy go where no man.......

Im just saying......

There's a possibilty....

Albeit, slim......

That......

We're gonna get alien/human hybrids now...right!??!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes I watched. Was excited and happy for the captain.

I liked his comments at the end, even though they are unrealistic; “everyone has to do this..”

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Who picked 'William Shatner really goes to Space' in Apocalypse Bingo?

Not I... but it certainly does get me closer to my "Chest rupturing alien from Aliens will kill William Shatner while he is enjoying a cup of coffee and a biscotti at his favorite bistro" pick.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Yeah, I feel silly saying I got a bit emotional listening to him. Star Trek was something that both my dad and I loved. My dad passed away a year ago. I was sad he wasn't here to see this. He really liked Captain Kirk.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I don't know why, but this just seems perfect.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

Yeah, I feel silly saying I got a bit emotional listening to him. Star Trek was something that both my dad and I loved. My dad passed away a year ago. I was sad he wasn't here to see this. He really liked Captain Kirk.

I share that history with you.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol. My brother sent this to me today! It's funny. It would have been very apropos if it was Charlton Heston who went in that rocket though!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

The Shat can chew scenery in the same overly dramatic manner though, and Heston is dead.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It is sort of bittersweet that of the original crew it seems that Shatner is likely the only one who will actually go into space while living as I realize that Scotty's ashes made it into space as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Many of us probably share that wonderful experience of watching Star Trek with their Dad/Family.

My Dad liked it so much that we watched it while we ate dinner. The family room and dining area were attached/joined so we could see the TV easily from the dinner table.

Sometimes it would be an outing in itself and we'd pull out the TV/Dinner Trays (remember those?) and go in the Family room to watch and eat.

I even used to try my hand at some Star Trek Impersonations...

(Kirk) "Scotty... I need more power"
(Scotty) "I'm giving you all she's got Captain "

(Kirk) "Bones ?"
(McCoy) "He's DEAD Jim !"

Pop passed on awhile back, but I know he would've loved knowing that his beloved Captain had finally made it into space.

.... and you get the idea.
Johnny

edit on 10/13/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

As a Star Trek fan...I watched every second of it! How awesome to see him go! I wasn't sure he would survive but by golly he did!

He came out of the ship after landing and was really teary eyed and emotional about the experience. I had heard him recently on a talk show where he mentioned something about taking a small bag of things with him...I just wonder if the little bag contained items from spock, bones, uhura...etc.!! Surely he thought of all of them as he was up there for real.

My dad was also a Star Trek fan and the only time he would ever go to the movies was to see a new Star Trek Movie or something like Independence Day. He would have loved to see this also!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
“Space.” What altitude did he get to?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Probably enough altitude to look over at his shoulder at the insignificant rock we call earth, and to look forward to the boundless universe that surrounds it.
I'm sure it's the cherry on top of his 90 years and I think it's awesome he was invited and went through with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
So did he boldy go where no man

He's the oldest person to have been to Space.

62 miles

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Haven't seen it yet, we're there any on board cams? Was bill allowed to take his own footage? Just out of interest.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   

My personal opinion about the blue origin not having live stream from the capsule is this. Pictures or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

you do know that you are in space, right now, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

My personal opinion about the blue origin not having live stream from the capsule is this. Pictures or it didn't happen.

what if that was not Bill who stepped out? an alien exchange program with shape shifters..

edit on 14-10-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join