It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its here the cup noodle war is on got to wash it down with this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well I knew it would only be a matter of time for you addicted cup noodle fans, so what could go wrong with another addiction.
I haven't seen it yet in the stores where I live yet so I can't comment on it. Is it available in your country ?

soranews24.com...
edit on 0900000033572021-09-23T18:57:33-05:00573309pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Disgusting!

Just no. I vote beverage abomination.

Cup Noodle Sodas: Culinary innovation or beverage abomination?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks

For some reason I can't post pictures anymore on this site .

Do you have any problems posting pictures also?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Havent seen them here in the midwest but my grocery store does carry the entire line of Hi-Chew and I have tried every flavor but dont let that stop you. Im not a big yogurt fan but even the yogurt hi-chew is decent.

I will definitely not drink ramen soda. Im not even a marbles fan. (ramune? Or something)
edit on 23-9-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what the hell happened to cooking your own meals ? My wife works nights, leaves at 3:30 PM and gets home at 6:30 AM, so when she gets up around 1:00, I cook what is breakfast for her. This "morning" for her, I made her a T-Bone, scrambled eggs and toast.
If I tried to give her that crap she would [ rightfully ] throw it at me.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Havent seen them here in the midwest but my grocery store does carry the entire line of Hi-Chew and I have tried every flavor but dont let that stop you. Im not a big yogurt fan but even the yogurt hi-chew is decent.

I will definitely not drink ramen soda. Im not even a marbles fan. (ramune? Or something)

Ramune is good stuff. Glass bottle and all. Plastic bottle stuff sucks though.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Can someone tell me what the hell happened to cooking your own meals ? My wife works nights, leaves at 3:30 PM and gets home at 6:30 AM, so when she gets up around 1:00, I cook what is breakfast for her. This "morning" for her, I made her a T-Bone, scrambled eggs and toast.

Funny how some people are about noodles and noodle soda.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I don't think cup noodle flavoured sodas are intended to be a meal though...

lol

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This something I would absolutely ... throw in the bin. I can't even imagine it.

I like 2 minute noodles, with loads of salad wilted into it so they are wilted and juicy..

But nah.. I can't even stand iced tea, tbh.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Disgusting!

Just no. I vote beverage abomination.

Cup Noodle Sodas: Culinary innovation or beverage abomination?

The point of instant soup in a cup is to have a quick convenient meal, this drink takes all the best stuff out of that concept, like that bacon soda that wants to imitate but can't replicate the texture and satisfaction of eating a BLT sandwich. Might as well invent gum that's flavored like apple pie so you can pretend you have dessert but you're still hungry and unhappy after the gum is dead.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Thanks

Nope, I use snipping tool to cut a picture and save to desktop. Then go to My ATS , Upload, select file upload

Once saved, highlight / copy the BBcode for use in post and paste in the post.

Is there an easier way to post pics? I don't know, I have always done it this way.

Just for fun, Angry Birds

edit on 23-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My instant noodle story...

I was guide and wrangler for a horse-back trek to a Tsaatan (reindeer herder) community in Northern Mongolia. Actually a bunch of college kids who had never ridden before. (Wasn't my idea, I was just asked to help out, keep deaths and injuries to a minimum.)

We killed a calf at the start of the trek, but the meat ran out before we got back. Second to last night on the trail, all they had was ramen. A big friggin' pot of ramen. I elected to go to bed hungry.

Luckily, a family from across the river waded over to our camp to check us out and brought us a bucket of yogurt. Nobody else wanted the yogurt, so that ended up being my supper. Much better than that instant noodle stuff.

Still don't like the stuff. Can't imagine what a ramen flavored soda would taste like. Almost gagged just writing that.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Thanks

Nope, I use snipping tool to cut a picture and save to desktop. Then go to My ATS , Upload, select file upload

Once saved, highlight / copy the BBcode for use in post and paste in the post.

Is there an easier way to post pics? I don't know, I have always done it this way.

Just for fun, Angry Birds

I open two ATS sites to dl the pictures and paste the link, but recently it won't take it. And with just one page I never had any luck. Not sure but maybe my uploads on ATS is at full capacity ?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I could never stand the "salt & msg packs" with the wrapped stuff.

I used to quick boil and throw spaghetti sauce on it and toss the flavor salt packs.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well I've got to try these out, I don't even particularly enjoy instant noodles but the novelty is interesting.

As for my noodles, if I don't have any stock handy (usually make it in batches to freeze), it's at least an 18 hour process of making the stock, tare, chashu, and various other toppings. Haven't tried making my own noodles yet due to the level of effort it apparently takes, but even with dried noodles or fresh Sun noodles it's the best bowl I've had in the States. I've joked with my wife about wanting to quit my job and apprentice in Japan in order to learn how to do it better.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Well I've got to try these out, I don't even particularly enjoy instant noodles but the novelty is interesting.

As for my noodles, if I don't have any stock handy (usually make it in batches to freeze), it's at least an 18 hour process of making the stock, tare, chashu, and various other toppings. Haven't tried making my own noodles yet due to the level of effort it apparently takes, but even with dried noodles or fresh Sun noodles it's the best bowl I've had in the States. I've joked with my wife about wanting to quit my job and apprentice in Japan in order to learn how to do it better.

There are foreigners that come here to learn the art of noodle making. Should come here and try it out.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thanks

You do know that we only accept three forms of picture formats..... yes?

.png
.gif
.jpg (not jpeg.. it has to be .jpg. It's the way the site is coded)

Nothing else will be accepted.
Johnny

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
🤮

keeping things simple

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
thanks, l have jpg on phone

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I've put people off instant noodles doing this, mainly the pot ones like pot noodles we get in the UK. Soft noodles work best, the non dried stuff but some cheap dried noodles works fine.

Noodles in an actual broth is rather foreign to most Brits but then again so is semi-prepping meals too. I only ever see it done by chefs and fitness fanatics, it's a shame. I occasionally prep a curry stock that'll work for most Indian curries. Just whip a litre or two out in the morning and when it comes to cooking it's a 15-20 min job.

I can't stand the jars made by companies now, I'd rather order out or do without. There's some ok ones for £3-4 but I could probably make 20 litres of stock for that 🤣 spices can be understandably expensive but they last a while, even the rip off little jars... I tend to advice people to go to an Asian store and buy bags.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join