It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Emergency Alert Test - August 11, 2021

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What? Why would biden attack the u.s.?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Wow, no I didn't know that was happening. Holy crap! I only use Suddenlink for my internet because they're the only ones who service that far out where I live, but I still get their messages and found this one to be too eerie to be a coincidence, I had to share it.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't think I ever once had to have clients re-boot after a communications or connectivity test (unless the user had driver or protocol issues, which is outside the scope of an EAT test). We would allocate extra time on the back-end, but the users weren't aware of that.

Sending a Sys Admin message to all your users is as simple as hitting "Enter".

I can't imagine ANY scenario that would:

1. Take this long to perform a EAT.
2. Require a re-boot for this type of test. As there should be no registry, config, or ANY other changes taking place.

Just doesn't add up to me.

Or this is how they do it now, and it still doesn't make sense.

edit on 8/9/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Just our Ministry of Propaganda preparing you for mandates and instructions.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Whoever wrote the communique for Suddenlink has a narrow thought pattern. "2pm" happens several times across the United States. Which "2pm" is the letter referring to? Eastern? Central? Mountain? Pacific? Hawaii-Aleutian?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: carewemust

What? Why would biden attack the u.s.?

Think: "Enables"

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I am glad you have shared it, about a month ago I saw chatter they would be doing the EMS alert on the day of the Symposium.

I am aware that our favorite anon also posted about the EMS system being crucial.

What it means exactly I do not know, but something is up and when it comes to information coming out, they will do anything to stop it.

Buckle up buckaroo!

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As others have said, the only reason to require a reboot is if something is being updated or installed.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Right, it's always nothing until it's something. We'll only lockdown for a week, remember? With this completely safe vaccine, you'll no longer be required to wear a mask, remember? I can understand not going down a rabbit hole, but just remember everything going on around us before you push this off as something normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why I read was that emergency alerts will be now incorporated into the emergency broadcast system to include hot spots for covid.

No, no a joke, soo very soon it will be the broadcast of unvaxed suspect crossing the state lines and to be hunted to dead,

Now that is my conspiracy angle.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Sure, they are a PITA, and been around for years.

But for five minutes?
To the point you MAY have to reboot your system?
Because that is a new one on me

You only reboot routers after a NOS upgrade .
Wow.
Taking my equipment down at 23:59 on the 10th
And using Wireshark when I bring em back up .
Time to break out the old laptop I have in the closet .
edit on 8/9/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I don't think I ever once had to have clients re-boot after a communications or connectivity test (unless the user had driver or protocol issues, which is outside the scope of an EAT test). We would allocate extra time on the back-end, but the users weren't aware of that.

Sending a Sys Admin message to all your users is as simple as hitting "Enter".

I can't imagine ANY scenario that would:

1. Take this long to perform a EAT.
2. Require a re-boot for this type of test. As there should be no registry, config, or ANY other changes taking place.

Just doesn't add up to me.

Or this is how they do it now, and it still doesn't make sense.

Yet I can imagine and have lead multiple scenarios where it is normal and takes that long .

1. EAT testing of overhead paging system was allocated 30 minutes. This accounted for people walking campus to get to each overhead zone in the hospital, to document results , to get back to the centralized starting point and go over results.

2. ASCOM testing was allocated 1 hour with a similar breakdown as above.

3. Straight SMS testing was quicker , usually 5 mins but if it was a full test of the DAS for the 4 major providers then it was 2-3 hours.

Also unless a subsequent message was sent by the ITSP it doesnt say anywhere that a reboot is required but rather you MAY want to.

It's essentially a moot point TBH.
People here believe it could be something nefarious and nothing said will deter that thought process so no point in trying.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sure, they are a PITA, and been around for years.

But for five minutes?
To the point you MAY have to reboot your system?
Because that is a new one on me

You only reboot routers after a NOS upgrade .

This is 100% wrong and if you believe it then you don't seem to know much about how layers 1-7 operate.

Any routing protocol change could very easily require a reboot of any distro or access networks along with any attached clients.

link   

originally posted by: imitator

Just our Ministry of Propaganda preparing you for mandates and instructions.

Sounds a little 1984'ish, doesn't it... Be sure you're tuned in!

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Now another conspiracy angle of the broadcast and control, the new update of apple I phone is to include periodically tracking and face recognition on the content of your personal phone without your permission under the umbrella of tracking sex offender by phone content to keep the "littler children safe"

This same technology will eventually track you and recognize you if you have no done your jabs, boosters or any other mandates the government wants on you.

BTW is the government and specific groups that asked for such upgrade.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The rebooting of the system is key. An internet NSA/CIA type of spyware will be activated nationwide, and focus on REAL people...i.e. those who reboot their machine.

link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

My inner techie is very amateur, but my spidey sense was activated anyway.
Why a reboot? I only ever see that when something is being installed.

I'd say unplug your cable line.
But then would that really stop the whatever they are doing?

Yup, that would work if you have a landline for the short-term.

Though, I would just configure a script to install itself or make changes once you plugged back in. (If there is something being installed or re-configured).

And they're WAY smarter than me. LOL.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Whoever wrote the communique for Suddenlink has a narrow thought pattern. "2pm" happens several times across the United States. Which "2pm" is the letter referring to? Eastern? Central? Mountain? Pacific? Hawaii-Aleutian?

It's always local time.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm on Central time so I would assume it's 2:00 PM Central. Suddenlink is an arm of Cox Communications which makes me wonder if anyone using CC services in another time zone received this message and - for example - the message on the East Coast told them 1:00 PM.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm gonna call my provider Comcast and ask them to abscond me off to a FEMAle camp as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join