It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Emergency Alert Test - August 11, 2021

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: opethPA

Sure, they are a PITA, and been around for years.

But for five minutes?
To the point you MAY have to reboot your system?
Because that is a new one on me

You only reboot routers after a NOS upgrade .
Wow.
Taking my equipment down at 23:59 on the 10th
And using Wireshark when I bring em back up .
Time to break out the old laptop I have in the closet .

What if the test is actually planned for the 10th? They say the 11th, in order to catch everyone off-guard on the 10th.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: LSU2018

I am glad you have shared it, about a month ago I saw chatter they would be doing the EMS alert on the day of the Symposium.

I am aware that our favorite anon also posted about the EMS system being crucial.

What it means exactly I do not know, but something is up and when it comes to information coming out, they will do anything to stop it.

Buckle up buckaroo!

You're welcome. I immediately felt a sinister message behind it when I got the email.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Why I read was that emergency alerts will be now incorporated into the emergency broadcast system to include hot spots for covid.

No, no a joke, soo very soon it will be the broadcast of unvaxed suspect crossing the state lines and to be hunted to dead,

Now that is my conspiracy angle.

At the point we've gotten to in this country, I can't even say you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I don't think I ever once had to have clients re-boot after a communications or connectivity test (unless the user had driver or protocol issues, which is outside the scope of an EAT test). We would allocate extra time on the back-end, but the users weren't aware of that.

Sending a Sys Admin message to all your users is as simple as hitting "Enter".

I can't imagine ANY scenario that would:

1. Take this long to perform a EAT.
2. Require a re-boot for this type of test. As there should be no registry, config, or ANY other changes taking place.

Just doesn't add up to me.

Or this is how they do it now, and it still doesn't make sense.

Yet I can imagine and have lead multiple scenarios where it is normal and takes that long .

1. EAT testing of overhead paging system was allocated 30 minutes. This accounted for people walking campus to get to each overhead zone in the hospital, to document results , to get back to the centralized starting point and go over results.

2. ASCOM testing was allocated 1 hour with a similar breakdown as above.

3. Straight SMS testing was quicker , usually 5 mins but if it was a full test of the DAS for the 4 major providers then it was 2-3 hours.

Also unless a subsequent message was sent by the ITSP it doesnt say anywhere that a reboot is required but rather you MAY want to.

It's essentially a moot point TBH.
People here believe it could be something nefarious and nothing said will deter that thought process so no point in trying.

I can't disagree with anything here.

You're right, I don't trust them, so I'm probably a wee bit bias.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Sure, they are a PITA, and been around for years.

But for five minutes?
To the point you MAY have to reboot your system?
Because that is a new one on me

You only reboot routers after a NOS upgrade .
Wow.
Taking my equipment down at 23:59 on the 10th
And using Wireshark when I bring em back up .
Time to break out the old laptop I have in the closet .

I think I'll unplug my router tomorrow night as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This morning I woke up with a dread, I dream all night with the darn government control and the darn covid, yep it was a terrible dream and it keep telling me that is all a lie.

Nasty things are coming and my gut feeling is telling my worst nightmares will become true.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Whoever wrote the communique for Suddenlink has a narrow thought pattern. "2pm" happens several times across the United States. Which "2pm" is the letter referring to? Eastern? Central? Mountain? Pacific? Hawaii-Aleutian?

That isn't how time zone driven comms work , especially if a company is providing services for just a specific area.
Let's say though its an ITSP hitting multiple time zones then they will tailor the specific TZ to match the targeted audience.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It says you "may need to", not you "may want to". You've seen this in the particular field you're in, how many times have you seen it across an entire customer base?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Why I read was that emergency alerts will be now incorporated into the emergency broadcast system to include hot spots for covid.

No, no a joke, soo very soon it will be the broadcast of unvaxed suspect crossing the state lines and to be hunted to dead,

Now that is my conspiracy angle.

Actually this is why I am so suspect.

Because this is the type of thing required for configuring and testing for something like that.

Not sure about the "kill" teams, but the rest is spot on.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You do know there is nothing sudden about emergency testing right?
They happen multiple times a year.

can you list the times and dates every year? list some articles etc?

to my knowledge its a cold war era thing, and only recently since 2020 become a thing again

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It says you "may need to", not you "may want to". You've seen this in the particular field you're in, how many times have you seen it across an entire customer base?

I've only seen this or recommended this when I was re-configuring or updating/removing software or hardware.

I've been out of the game for awhile, but performed over 11k on-site network service calls in my previous career.

To be honest, I usually wouldn't give the consumer the choice, I'd hard boot it with a script.

ETA: One exception like OpenPA said, If changes are related to Routing Tables, DNS, Wins, etc. That could require a reboot of your Network Services.
edit on 8/9/2021 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

For me the fact it doesn't say WILL have to is much different to me then saying MAY need to.
It's giving a choice to the end user.

I have seen similar disclaimers added to almost every comm that goes out regardless of if it impacted classified or unclassified networks, healthcare ecosystems or game system clients. My thoughts are when I read those messages it's more of a default troubleshooting step vs anything else. You simply dont know what someone is running or how they are running it and being given the option to reboot is a pretty standard approach.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
a reply to: carewemust

What? Why would biden attack the u.s.?

He's already attacking the US. Sending countless Covid infected illegal aliens to live in urban areas is nothing less than biological warfare.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

To be honest, I usually wouldn't give the consumer the choice, I'd hard boot it with a script.

Can you imagine what this thread would be like if an ITSP or any IT staff forced a reboot. Lulz.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yep the hunting was my conspiracy angle, but taken into consideration that Apple update is about tracking by phone and face recognition I am also very worry of what is going on.

Nothing is done by the government without some hidden agenda. I still have my update off, it was to happen last night.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm gonna call my provider Comcast and ask them to abscond me off to a FEMAle camp as well.

You'll get shipped to a camp minus the FE for your sexist request, and be taught all about CST (Critical Sexist Theory). I hope you like sausage and chicken because where they're taking you, there'll be no fish.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
As others have said, the only reason to require a reboot is if something is being updated or installed.

I'd go with installed, but you savvy techs and others like Tech Crunch would would put out a message .

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

You do know there is nothing sudden about emergency testing right?
They happen multiple times a year.

can you list the times and dates every year? list some articles etc?

to my knowledge its a cold war era thing, and only recently since 2020 become a thing again

TO be clear , you are stating that you believe Emergency Testing has only been a thing since 2020 ?

Also here you go, literally 10 second search returned info for NJ which was revised in 2005: www.fcc.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Can you imagine what this thread would be like if an ITSP or any IT staff forced a reboot. Lulz.

LMAO.

They wouldn't want me in charge of the NWO.

I wouldn't let anyone know WTF was going on.

I added an ETA about Routing Tables, DNS, Wins, etc. in my previous post, agreeing that may involve a reboot as well. (I can't see that applying here, but it is possible)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So if this is nationwide at the exact same time....
Are you Central Time Zone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join