It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Bananas That Taste Like Vanilla Ice Cream.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There are also pink ones. Why haven't I ever seen these in the super markets? We have imported foods from all over the world. I want my blue banana!
I saw where they are growing some in Arizona.

Has anyone ever tried a blue or pink banana? There are other colors too. Always learning something new.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I’ve been wanting to try one of these for a while now. I don’t even know where on earth to find these.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We have to be careful how we judge bananas by their color but the blue ones sure look like they taste great!! 😃

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Absolutely fabulous colours, thanks for this. I never knew they were so varied.

It could just be me but it makes me think of the sleepy fields in the Wizard of Oz. No touchy! The Cavendish banana (the yellow one) is the only one I recognised and that is slated to be extinct soon due to some kind of disease affecting that variety.

They have a live banana plant here in the Netherlands in a famous botanical greenhouse I can't remember the name of. It's huge, 10 metres plus..? They are very impressive when they flower and fruit in the right conditions.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Might as well get used to them. The bananas that everyone is familiar with may be going away.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Why haven't I ever seen these in the super markets?

Not enough market for them
"Once in a blue moon" one can find a variation in a supermarket (a test ?)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I have an ice cream banana tree that was gifted to me by a friend. He has an acre of banana trees in a huge number of varieties. I have not seen the red, pink, or neon blue ones.

My ice cream banana tree's fruit don't have a dark hue. I have a couple Cavendish, and one lady finger. Had three lady fingers but I lost two after a really wet season.

My ice cream banana tree looks like this.

The fruit does taste like ice cream, and I love it baked in a pan with butter and cinnamon.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ive tried the red ones. Im still waiting for the mocha flavored ones

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I question if we should be eating any banana at all because of the chitinase it contains.

The majority of our ancestors did not even eat Bananas before the nineteen fifties, same with Avacado and Kiwi, which all contain a chemistry that can fire up a latex allergy.

I have tried three or more varieties of bananas/plantains over the years, they all make me cough before I finish the banana, the riper it is the more I cough...but that is just me. I'm sixty five now, I don't need testosterone dumbing me down from eating bananas anymore either.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have an ice cream banana tree that was gifted to me by a friend. He has an acre of banana trees in a huge number of varieties. I have not seen the red, pink, or neon blue ones.

My ice cream banana tree's fruit don't have a dark hue. I have a couple Cavendish, and one lady finger. Had three lady fingers but I lost two after a really wet season.

My ice cream banana tree looks like this.

The fruit does taste like ice cream, and I love it baked in a pan with butter and cinnamon.

You just gave me an idea.
Got to go a huntin for blue bananas .
I am going to make homemade banana puddin out of em .
Real pudding , real bananas , real vanilla wafers , and my own homemade topping .
No crap factory made for me .

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

One video said there is a place in Arizona that grows them.
Or you could ask NightSkyeB4Dawn nicely. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Haha! I'm not racist, color doesn't matter. Yes, the blue ones look tasty.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You are quite welcome. I never knew either. I discover a lot of things from facebook, then run off to youtube to find a video.
In the land of the wizard of Oz, I wouldn't eat them until I asked one of the good guys if it was ok. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Wow, until LightSpeedDriver mentioned it, I had no idea! Thanks for the video!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I would imagine there would be a big market for them. Who wouldn't want to eat a blue banana?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Oooooh, where do you live? I'll be right over. How wonderful that a friend gifted you with a blue banana plant!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hi Sweetie!
I've tried the little finger ones. I still want to try a blue and pink one!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When I was living in SE Asia they had all kinds of different bananas. I've never seen blue ones, but I have seen and eaten red ones. The red variety are actually pretty common.

People often ask why we don't see more different kinds of bananas in the grocery stores, and the reason is many of them are not sweet like the common yellow banana (cavendish) variety. Some of them are more like a potato than a banana. Plantains are a good example.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You are always so knowledgeable about things. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Makes sense. The blue ones sound wonderful though and I want my blue banana! lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join