It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Hundred Percent Doomed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Actually you are partially right. The thing is we are affecting our own things like our drinking water but Planet Earth cleans itself. The oceans have a mechanism to clean as do the soils. The symbiosis between the Carbon Cycle and green leafy plants is being deliberately ignored for 'meh it's the man made climate change' lie.

originally posted by: keukendeur
a reply to: LSU2018

Temperatures?

We are talking about the complete systematic destruction of an Eco system that sustains us only to increase our comfort.

I'm pretty realistic, I know we're going to hell in a hand-basket and I kind of blame myself.

You choose ignorance and stick you head in the sand, also fine. Whatever floats your goat.

The end sum will be no different for both of us.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
MIT seems to have the lead on this right now and had some news recently on their fusion program although I would never count a company like Lockheed out. MIT was talking about an input/output ratio of 1:10 which would be a game changer.

My question (fear, really) on the above is:

When someone finally succeeds at viable fusion energy - will the corporat'ocracy' (big oil, etc.) actually allow it to be utilized?

Or will they find a way to 'bury it' just as they have other environmentally friendly yet 'oligarchy unbeneficial' industries?

Also, even if 'they' do end up 'allowing' a switch to fusion energy -
- can it be fully implemented in time for the Earth to recover from all the damage done (especially considering such things as pollution from all the micro-plastics invading every nook and cranny of the world, including the human body).

I'm seriously interested in your thoughts on this....thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Tho Jesus is my personal Savior...
the TRUTH is there are many paths leading to whatever "Source" one seeks within their own nations, cultures, Prophets and belief systems.

"TRUTH" confirms not the "who followed" or "how"...but that one seeks rhe Light of all of us.

Peace

Like there's some New Age light tunnel, that bypasses Interstate Jesus? I'm very sorry, but you sound like Pope Francis the Apostate, staging Koran readings at St. Peter's. What you propose has multitudinous problems in Christian scripture, may as well just negate the whole New Testament, but this sufficient of the problems:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

In the age of grace, you've got this little problem of what guru or philosopher has provided the alternate, essential blood of Jesus Christ we must have faith in for atonement of our sins, the one Lord Jesus that must be our Lord, in order to have God's grace and be clothed in His righteousness? You want to consider the very logical absurdity that, if there are all these other ways, then Jesus Christ was some sort of wholly insane masochist, to have completely unnecessarily died on a cross for our sins, when you could just have hit up Buddha, Confucius, or your rabbit's foot, all along?

Tell you what, the devil says things like, "Yes, God has said there's one way, but...". I do not recommend a single soul pursue anything else, entertain the thought of anything else, if they've been exposed to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in a world with a Bible in most every hotel room, at one point, the gospel of Jesus Christ offered over worldwide airwaves, the printed gospel in every language, and now the web. If you have ever been offered Jesus Christ, and refused Him, you a doomed, period, if you never repent of this, in favor of any Christ-less, dead, purported "truth" whatsoever. You're asking to meet that very Lord Jesus, yourself, as the God of wrath, with your pants down. You do not want to be calling literal Bible believing folks religious bigots, from hell.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (NKJV)

edit on 30-6-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Temperatures?

We are talking about the complete systematic destruction of an Eco system that sustains us only to increase our comfort.

I'm pretty realistic, I know we're going to hell in a hand-basket and I kind of blame myself.

You choose ignorance and stick you head in the sand, also fine. Whatever floats your goat.

The end sum will be no different for both of us.

Funny that you claim to be the realistic one and I the ignorant one.

Like I said, if you feel like you're the problem then that's your opinion, I don't think either of us are the problem and this is natural. I agree that the end sum, whatever it may be, will be the same for us both.
edit on 30-6-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Not the plastics, man...micro-plastics are here forever, unless we invent a way to 'filter' them out.

This is a thread you should read: F'ing Plastic

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
When someone finally succeeds at viable fusion energy - will the corporat'ocracy' (big oil, etc.) actually allow it to be utilized?

Of course. You still need the infrastructure to distribute it and all the large oil companies are now energy companies with large investiture in EV charging being made.

I don't see how it effects plastics consumption though as I cannot see a relation.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Justoneman

Not the plastics, man...micro-plastics are here forever, unless we invent a way to 'filter' them out.

This is a thread you should read: F'ing Plastic

Looks as though I might have put that gun back a little early. We have so
many problems it's easy to forget a few.

(i'm joking in poor taste with the gun thing of course) Nobody move!

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

The ancient text offers a passage from Revelation that fits well here.
And offers us a clue as to who they are. Indeed God must know them well.
For it reads:

" God will destroy those who would have destroyed the Earth"

That's exactly what is happening now. And right after destroying the Earth
has even become possible for man.

Unless we destroy ourselves first.

"If God doesn't soon bring judgment upon America, He'll have to go back and apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah!"
― Billy Graham (actually his wife Ruth first said it in 1965)

Sorry, don't have a source. Heard it from some long lost vid on youtube.

Regards to Lockheed & Fusion power, imo, it won't initially be for you & me, but for the Moon and Mars and new propulsion system to mine asteroids and the war fighting Space domain. To boldly take forever wars to Space and beyond. Power, control and 💰💰💰.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You think 27.000 barrels of dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane (DDT) of the coast of California are natural?

Birds not wanting to bird because of the prozac they ingest from earthworms that are feeding on sewage and wastewater?

Yeah you know what...this list is going to take forever so I'll just agree that we are both not the problem.

carry on and all that...

edit on 30-6-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Randyvine2

Which is why I hope either MIT or Lockheed can do something with their fusion programs, that is the only 'green' energy that will make a difference.

Or you know, instead of spending billions more on tech which has never been proven to output more energy than put into it, we could instead invest in safe, cheap, clean nuclear fission research... oh I forgot fission is evil, guess we have to keep pinning all our hopes on fusion.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Fusion is the future and I am confident that we can tackle the problems that we currently face.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

One thing I don't agree with is pointing the finger at the tycoons and powerful corporations...it's us!

I'm destroying this planet, you are, we all are and frankly life would be must to uncomfortable for me to act upon it.

Well... you're both right...

It is the tycoons - those with the money and control over large portions of the resources - but only because we allow them to exercise such power.

Corporations are not people. They should never, ever have been allowed to have been considered 'person' within the meaning of that term in the Constitution.

They do NOT have Rights the same as people do. Their very existence is predicated on the permission from government, so they are (should be) 100% entirely 'regulatable'.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Which is why I hope either MIT or Lockheed can do something with their fusion programs, that is the only 'green' energy that will make a difference.

Or you know, instead of spending billions more on tech which has never been proven to output more energy than put into it, we could instead invest in safe, cheap, clean nuclear fission research... oh I forgot fission is evil, guess we have to keep pinning all our hopes on fusion.

There are people putting money into thorium reactor development.
They can be made to be meltdown-proof.
Power-eng.com

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Not necessary. LFTR tech is here now, and can be perfected quickly - months even, with just a tiny bit of government resources applied - and LFTR tech can be used in many different ways - my preferred being totally de-centralized power stations, from ones small enough to power a home for a century (think 'black box'), to slightly larger ones that can power an entire neighborhood or skyscraper.
edit on 30-6-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

"If God doesn't soon bring judgment upon America, He'll have to go back and apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah!"
― Billy Graham (actually his wife Ruth first said it in 1965)

wow! I never heard that before. Not that I have an ear out for
everything Billy. But I can easily see her saying that. Damned
if we're not headed for a reckoning.

Good post
edit on 30-6-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Not necessary.

You should probably let the LHM shareholders know then.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's been the future for decades. Let me know when it finally produces usable energy. I've said for many years that fusion will probably never work without a large mass to self-start the fusion process like a star does. There is most likely no way for a fusion reaction to produce more energy out than is put into it without that process. We can pour billions into it but that wont make the reactors work if the laws of physics don't allow it, and the longer we fail to produce a working prototype the more obvious that becomes.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I've said for many years that fusion will probably never work without a large mass to self-start the fusion process like a star does.

They can already start it with a mass much smaller than that, it's working on the containment fields and then sustaining this for commercial viability.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh no sure...the greed, that's them.

But they are catering to my needs and I know what corners they cut out of greed.

Yet I continue to consume

Not quite, when I buy something I don’t want it to have planned obsolescence built in. That’s not catering to my needs... nor do I want something advertised, marketed and shoved in my face 24/7 that I don’t want or need, but should get because I’ll get a small short lived dopamine hit or because I’m keeping up with the Jones.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

nor do I want something advertised,

I'm like this very much. An advert comes on TV to loud and I make it point
never to by it. I can't believe they try to sell by pissing people off. I'm
like, ya that's gonna work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join