It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Hundred Percent Doomed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThothHermes
ITER & the german Stellarator are our hope

Interesting, thanks for the contrib.

I hadn't read about Stellerators before now, sounds like it has many of the same advantages of the LFTR, will have to do a comparison analysis to see which comes out on top.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Then you should be thrilled with MIT and Lockheed since fusion is vastly safer than 1960's fission tech.

Which makes it very clear that you are clueless when it comes to LFTR tech even at the 1960s state, much less the amazing advancements that have been made since.

Just from a quick search, one of the bigger advantages of LFTRs is their ability to easily produce rare and valuable medical isotopes in commercially viable quantities, such that the profitability from these isotopes is even greater than that of the energy they would produce. That, and they can use the current stockpiles of radioactive waste for fuel, quickly eliminating those from the planet.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Despite how unlikely it may seem and it is hard to determine at this point
I am so pulling for Fusion right now Augustus And I thank you not for myself
for giving me hope. But giving me hope for the little ones of today. Just a
little hope can go a long way. So lets hope fusion can as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The stellarator is the most advanced device man has built . My money is always on the Germanics, but I hope they don’t try starting WW3 with it ? Lol ! The Germans are brilliant, yet they keep at world domination as their latent agenda lol .
Only God & the Off World beings know what the Germans have ? All in good fun !
We put a man on the moon in the sixties and we are still figuring out fusion ?
When all the $$$ in the world is into shopping ( Amazon) & social media , there is little room for man’s endeavour.
We need a new mission on Earth imo .
Let Musk run the globe for a bit .
Im sure H. Hughes would approve and Jack Parsons could inspire it all .

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The stellarator is the most advanced device man has built .

From what little I read, they are not ready for prime time, and not just by a little?

But if I'm wrong, would appreciate a few links to jumpstart my getting caught up.

LFTR tech is essentially ready for prime time now.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: keukendeur

We're destroying the planet because the rich and powerful don't give us better choices to choose from. The oil companies know there's alternative energy sources but want to keep the oil flowing for profits they don't even need, the forests could be left alone and things could be made of hemp but big lumber wants the wood, many other options I'm sure, but you would interfere with some companies profits to use them. They don't care. They have nice safe places to go when it gets bad, underground or some nice estate somewhere far away.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

The stellarator is the most advanced device man has built .

From what little I read, they are not ready for prime time, and not just by a little?

But if I'm wrong, would appreciate a few links to jumpstart my getting caught up.

LFTR tech is essentially ready for prime time now.

Thanks again!
The Tokamak design is cheaper but produces a toroidal plasma current that makes it a bit more unstable than the Stellarator . The Chinese are pushing tokamak tech big time . German = Precision, reliable but very complicated.
Russian = Reliable, cheaper but more crude .
Im sure the Japanese will take all of it and perfect it at some point .

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Which makes it very clear that you are clueless when it comes to LFTR tech even at the 1960s state, much less the amazing advancements that have been made since.

Maybe you should let MIT and Lockheed know since they seem to be clueless as well Mr. Admittedly I Don't Have A Nuclear Engineering Degree.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The Tokamak design is cheaper but produces a toroidal plasma current that makes it a bit more unstable than the Stellarator . The Chinese are pushing tokamak tech big time . German = Precision, reliable but very complicated.
Russian = Reliable, cheaper but more crude .
Im sure the Japanese will take all of it and perfect it at some point .

Ok, thanks. Simple is best, and the LFTR tech is very simple.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Maybe you should let MIT and Lockheed know since they seem to be clueless as well Mr. Admittedly I Don't Have A Nuclear Engineering Degree.
Liquid sodium is dangerous. The Russians ran a similar idea in a few subs & it was not good . The future is fusion . LFTR is another molten liquid fuel idea and can work , but its not going to replace tokamaks or stellarators as the preferred. Fusion reactors im guessing may take another 100 yrs before their cost & power in/out is at a feasible cost . My opinions only . 30yrs Ive spent working in our worlds nuclear plants and they are tired and in need of closure due to being outdated. Pebble Bed Reactors are more than likely our near future .
The world will be on fire before mass use fusion is realised.
I personally think humans need a tech revolt and demand that our money & minds go towards free energy. Instead people write their Congress if there internet is slow ????
If fusion offers freedom…? Then you can bet it will be shelved and only used as ploys to hack huge grant money , so the mad scientist have their toys .
We are 250-500 yrs from world wide clean/ safe energy…. If ever . God be with us all . So Mote It Be

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Liquid sodium is dangerous. The Russians ran a similar idea in a few subs & it was not good . The future is fusion . LFTR is another molten liquid fuel idea and can work , but its not going to replace tokamaks or stellarators as the preferred. Fusion reactors im guessing may take another 100 yrs before their cost & power in/out is at a feasible cost . My opinions only . 30yrs Ive spent working in our worlds nuclear plants and they are tired and in need of closure due to being outdated. Pebble Bed Reactors are more than likely our near future .
I personally think humans need a tech revolt and demand that our money & minds go towards free energy. Instead people write their Congress if there internet is slow ????
If fusion offers freedom…? Then you can bet it will be shelved and only used as ploys to hack huge grant money , so the mad scientist have their toys .
We are 250-500 yrs from world wide clean/ safe energy…. If ever . God be with us all . So Mote It Be

The Sodium metal cannot exist on earth in a solid state due to the shape of the atom being so attracted to water molecules. So much so that an explosive reaction takes place.

True story from my college days one of my undergrad Organic professors was from Emory University in Atlanta. He was discussing Sodium solid metal (yes an Inorganic molecule). He said at one of the PhD level classes one day they were told of Sodium being reactive to the point of being very dangerous. That afternoon in the men's room there was an explosion. Everyone there runs to the men's room to find a student on one side of the bathroom from the exploded urinal. He didn't get out of the way on time but did live to be the butt of all the jokes for the rest of time at Emory. He only had a piece the size of a pebble.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I always suspected it wasn't about stopping the destruction of the planet, just avoiding blame for the end result.

Well you do have people like me who see a need to do somethings different from my childhood of dump chems in the water days. Now we have way to make sure no raw sewage is allowed in our streams thru engineering better ways to dispose of waste. We find not releasing chemicals into rivers accidently is a good idea. But then saying a dry creek in some region is under a navigable waters law undermines the good reasons to do things the right way.

We still need to find a way to reduce the landfills indigestible things and move to things like organic grasses molded to be used as the "Styrofoam box" we eat from that I saw in one of the Science Journals. Great ideas get suppressed like using hemp paper instead of tree pulp and that doesn't mean it can't still be used again instead. It just isn't. No reason to do stupid things. The old Sarge in the Army used to bark at the troops when I was in to "work smart not hard".

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

The Sodium metal cannot exist on earth in a solid state due to the shape of the atom being so attracted to water molecules. So much so that an explosive reaction takes place.

True story from my college days one of my undergrad Organic professors was from Emory University in Atlanta. He was discussing Sodium solid metal (yes an Inorganic molecule). He said at one of the PhD level classes one day they were told of Sodium being reactive to the point of being very dangerous. That afternoon in the men's room there was an explosion. Everyone there runs to the men's room to find a student on one side of the bathroom from the exploded urinal. He didn't get out of the way on time but did live to be the butt of all the jokes for the rest of time at Emory. He only had a piece the size of a pebble.

Very volatile substance in h2o . Im stll amazed that we have not developed high tech thermal systems ?
Wind is a horrible way to produce energy at it’s current status . Solar is great for some , but not all when you calculate that a vast majority of the world’s population lives in a snow band .
Sound like you have a chemistry/biology background ?
Thanks for the input . Empirical to the end

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Is this the same Michael Moore the white person whose saying hateful things about white people? as well? is this what happens when your a sellout to the 1%? like he has became?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join