It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Hundred Percent Doomed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: surfer_soul

nor do I want something advertised,

I'm like this very much. An advert comes on TV to loud and I make it point
never to by it. I can't believe they try to sell by pissing people off. I'm
like, ya that's gonna work.

I really hate when they advertise something and tell me that I am getting something for free.
Nothing's free.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I've said for many years that fusion will probably never work without a large mass to self-start the fusion process like a star does.

They can already start it with a mass much smaller than that, it's working on the containment fields and then sustaining this for commercial viability.

They can briefly start a reaction, but they have never got more energy out than they put in, unless I missed a recent update.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
They can briefly start a reaction, but they have never got more energy out than they put in, unless I missed a recent update.

They have, but not enough to make it commercially viable.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
You should probably let the LHM shareholders know then.

Why?

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Why?

Because I take the opinion of a Fortune 50 company over some internet rando. But if you feel they are wasting their money due to your vast knowledge of nuclear physics perhaps you should apply for a position and teach them a thing or two.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I prefaced 1st sentence..."even though..." negating that and on to main comment, most important.

You however, reamed paragraphs to my sentence...therefore...interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Show me a source stating they have managed to produce more energy out than in with fusion. It's not yet commercially viable because the reaction requires more energy than it produces.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Mistake on my end, they are projecting the unit that goes live this year will have a Q factor of 2.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You're right, there's not really a direct relation...

I was just looking at it from a sort of 'pollution' big picture - in regards to the over-all 'doomedness' of the world.

Because, even if we can get to the point that fusion (or other green) energy replaces fossil fuels - well that only eliminates one particular kind of pollution...

...we still have to figure out how to prevent the destruction of the Earth's ecosystems from all the chemical pollutants being dumped into the environment, whether from plastics consumption or manufacturing, or even corporate farming practices.
edit on 30-6-2021 by lostgirl because: spacing

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: Trueman

a reply to: mysterioustranger

a reply to: Scrutinizing

I gotta jump into this you guys.

Do you know of this confusing passage True?

Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil
I the Lord do all these things:"

That's King James Version. Other versions doesn't say that.

Check if you don't believe me.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Based on the way people talk about fusion and the way it's promoted, it's very easy to think we have actually tested and confirmed fusion technology, when in reality we've just spent a huge amount of money creating fusion reactions that consume a huge amount of energy in order to generate. I've always felt that trying to get energy out of a reaction which is almost the complete opposite of a fission reaction might have issues, but I'm not saying it's totally impossible. However, the longer it takes to actually prove the concept works the more likely is the technology doesn't work, and pinning all our hopes on it is very short sighted.
edit on 30/6/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned hydrogen fuel. It's not for the future, it's here now. There are hydrogen powered vehicles and the first hydrogen power plant was announced in 2020 to be built in Utah. So, there's that. Hydrogen is the cleanest fuel as it's only emission is safe water, which is not harmful to the enviornement in any way.

And not only that, remember when Moses was trying to get the Pharaoh of Egypt to "Let my people go?" One of the plagues that was unleashed upon Egypt was burning hail. Hail is H20. In Job 38:22, this is also alluded to:

Job 38:22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?

The Pharaoh certainly saw the "treasures of the hail." It was hydrogen power.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned hydrogen fuel. It's not for the future, it's here now. There are hydrogen powered vehicles and the first hydrogen power plant was announced in 2020 to be built in Utah. So, there's that. Hydrogen is the cleanest fuel as it's only emission is safe water, which is not harmful to the enviornement in any way.

And not only that, remember when Moses was trying to get the Pharaoh of Egypt to "Let my people go?" One of the plagues that was unleashed upon Egypt was burning hail. Hail is H20. In Job 38:22, this is also alluded to:

Job 38:22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?

The Pharaoh certainly saw the "treasures of the hail." It was hydrogen power.

Oh my. You are mistaken!

Water is a potent greenhouse gas.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Plastic cant survive either. Nothing well survive being pulled thru the Earth into the magma, nothing.

originally posted by: lostgirl
a reply to: Justoneman

Not the plastics, man...micro-plastics are here forever, unless we invent a way to 'filter' them out.

This is a thread you should read: F'ing Plastic

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Like i said we do bugger up the water a bit. DDT is created from natural materials found on Earth even tho man made it, DDT too will break down. DDT breaks down in Sunlight into components that are absorbed by the Earth. We are not more than fleas on the skin of a very big place. Barrels that store it will leak but dilution in the ocean will quickly solve the problem. Oil bubbly out naturally is worse.

originally posted by: keukendeur
a reply to: LSU2018

You think 27.000 barrels of dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane (DDT) of the coast of California are natural?

Birds not wanting to bird because of the prozac they ingest from earthworms that are feeding on sewage and wastewater?

Yeah you know what...this list is going to take forever so I'll just agree that we are both not the problem.

carry on and all that...

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

nice gift to the thread... the Globalists who want to re-build the whole schmiel are like minded, but in a different outcome

the Earth Firsters.... Greenpeace.......Audoban.....Sierra Club.... are counter culture minded to the present system of industry ethics that went haywire on purpose, but better than the new-green-deal nuts and rebuild-better psychos'...

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Randyvine2

You understand....God made evil as well as good...and we have free will.

You choose.

Without evil....we'd have no way....to appreciate "good"to strive toward.

We choose...between the 2.

I read recently that one cannot be called "good" if one does not have the capacity for evil. Does god have the capacity to be a villain?

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If we weren't so obsessed with having everything we want instead of just being satisfied with what we need, it would be way less hard on our ecosystem. Most of the problems with our environment are caused by our wants, flying all over to vacation instead of just hanging around and going to a beach or camp locally is causing lots of destruction. Be satisfied with going to an Italian restaurant instead of flying to Italy to gorge yourself. Go to the beach and out on a rowboat with friends and fish instead of taking a cruise that you have to fly or drive half way across the country to take. Most people are always on the go, driving to the store across town to get groceries almost everyday, combine trips instead of making multiple trips, it costs less too.

If we keep consuming energy at high levels, it will still destroy our environment, fossil fuels is not the problem, it is the rat race that is the problem. Do we really need to go to the moon or Mars, or to put thousands of satellites into orbit so we can get faster internet? Humans have gone into delusion, just outlaw the rat race and start enjoying just living your life simply. I learned long ago that those long trips all planned out are tiring and wind up making you lie to yourself and others that it was great when in fact, it was tiring, and not worth it....but you have to justify your delusion so you make it sound better than it was. lying to yourself that it was worthwhile being in debt or penniless because of your delusion.

Yeah, I have been there....I am not afraid to admit I fooled myself. I am not afraid to say that when I bought a new tool, I had to justify the expense by doing things I really did not need to do. But who is going to listen to an old coot. I have to go do dishes now because we bought a new dish strainer. We also bought a nice square cast Iron frying pan...it needs seasoning and makes great food to make us fatter. but totally worth the expense in my mind....but actually, it is a want, I like cooking on cast iron and it is harder to make pancakes in a high round pan instead of a griddle type. The cast iron is easier and more nonstick than those copper pans and does not warp either...see, trying to justify buying a pan that will last my lifetime and my kids.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

God is neither villain or hero. God is God.

God is both.. as God is All...

Easy.

Bless ya!🙏
edit on 30-6-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That's not the point and I believe you are mistaken.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. KJV

My point was that you are certainly correct in what you say despite
how the KJV reads. In other words for you to say. God did not create
evil. That could not be a more true statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join