It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Hundred Percent Doomed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Randyvine2

You understand....God made evil as well as good...and we have free will.

You choose.

Without evil....we'd have no way....to appreciate "good"to strive toward.

We choose...between the 2.

God didn't make evil.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Every reply holds something you guys are great.

I'm astounded.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

a reply to: mysterioustranger

a reply to: Scrutinizing

I gotta jump into this you guys.

Do you know of this confusing passage True?

Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil
I the Lord do all these things:"
edit on 30-6-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Oh no sure...the greed, that's them.

But they are catering to my needs and I know what corners they cut out of greed.

Yet I continue to consume

Being alive requires consuming. It is part of nature. Some animals hoard for hard times as it's part of their nature and personally, I think humans are over hoarding in response to the system as it is set up currently. Right from the beginning, once communities are split up it takes one fire to heat one family rather than a communal fire. This model continues with food, clothing, tools, materials, cars etc and is responsible for much wasted resources.

Most of the problem is the wealthy, powerful taking too much from those who don't have, and naturally, people see them well supplied and want the same and over consume. This is the american dream. Much has been done to destroy our natural systems of communal living even to the point where all modern models now resemble communism and involve more control than sharing benefitting the upper levels only. An example is the WEF "you'll have nothing, and be happy". That's about total control packaged as an earth friendly solution. Constant propaganda about communism has prevented the western world from sharing resources with each other because as the only model we know of involves totalitarian control that we are wise to steer clear of. Not that the communist systems were good, far from it, but rather that we have become too spooked by them to create a system of sharing resources.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil

The passage is true. Eternal, Almighty God, that created the universe, and holds you accountable for truth, is competent to write a book (surprise, surprise), saw to the writing of His book, to avail you of truth. Scripture speaks to the Holy Spirit inspiration of scripture, given to holy prophets of God, and that we are live by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'" It is written.

In such as King James language, suppose more poetic in our day, there is moral evil, but there is also the evil of disaster, like an evil wind blowing usage. The NASB puts it:

Isaiah 45:7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

It's like saying the executioner at the prison brings the evil on the murderer's own head, that he rightly deserves, but that nobody sane takes pleasure in the righteous dictates of justice. Or, you can have light or dark, good things or bad things from God, who can make you well, or bring you disaster. But, in a moral sense, it's all on you. This is not saying God is doing evil, as in sin. In fact, there is no holiness, if there are no evil consequences to moral evil. Put it that way.

Great point of question, and hope this helps you!

edit on 30-6-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I understand the nature of humans and why we consume but as a 1st world citizen I distinctly get the impression that what I am doing has nothing to do with my instinct but more with the luxury of choosing the path of the least resistance.

I could wash my clothes in a creek yet I use a washing machine, I could go to my community center and have a conversation yet I turn on my laptop and talk to you fine folk...etc etc

I am hesitant to point fingers at wealthy elite or greedy corporations when at the end of the day I choose comfort over anything else.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yeah it's screwed up and it won't get any better.

One thing I don't agree with is pointing the finger at the tycoons and powerful corporations...it's us!

I'm destroying this planet, you are, we all are and frankly life would be must to uncomfortable for me to act upon it.

Speak for yourself, I'm not destroying sht. I'm living my life like a normal human being. I don't fly around in jet planes like John Kerry, Al Gore, etc., leaving a huge carbon footprint like they do on their way to a convention to point their fingers at normal people as the cause of global warming. The Earth is going through the exact same changes it has gone through for 4.5 billion years and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

In such as King James language, suppose more poetic in our day, there is moral evil, but there is also the evil of disaster, like an evil wind blowing usage. The NASB puts it:

You nailed it! Well played. I like knowing who I'm on the same page with.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Speak for yourself, I'm not destroying sht. I'm living my life like a normal human being. I don't fly around in jet planes like John Kerry, Al Gore, etc., leaving a huge carbon footprint like they do on their way to a convention to point their fingers at normal people as the cause of global warming. The Earth is going through the exact same changes it has gone through for 4.5 billion years and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

And the data center hosting this website runs on fairy dust...get over yourself.

If you are not living like an Amish you are part of the problem..period
edit on 30-6-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You nailed it! Well played. I like knowing who I'm on the same page with.

You're very kind, but I'm just passing on what the Lord nailed and well played. I merely try to pass on truth I've studied, but that I'd be too stupid to come up with, of my own devices, try to check my sometimes dubious life against everything I can learn that God said. It really is only God that is worthy, only He who walked the earth in Jesus Christ worthy, that well played all things for us. Anyway, thanks man, and the Lord keep you.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

God created all beings with free will. Therefore he created evil and good on purpose for the test of our souls desire of good over evil. Once you decide which path that you go down you "can always change the road you are on". Not so if we don't' have free will.

So let's assume we truly do have free will. Then there has to be the dark path for their to be a choice of dark over light. Say you had no choices. Such as when you try to hit someone and the punch never lands because hurting someone on purpose is taboo and God stops it so there is no sin. That would be what keeps us from free will. We swing we land if we can is how it is.

Actually being telekinetically prevented from committing a sin by some kind of taboo is not happening to us. Free will means we can do whatever we want without God stopping us. We choose to hurt someone and we choose to turn the other cheek. Only we do. Defending yourself even is not supposed to happen but people instinctively do and we are forgiven for acting in self defense. You can still love your enemy, but you don't have to let them beat you to death necessarily as Jesus did.

We choose to do bad or good things.

The Fallen ones chose and now are here trapped awaiting their day before the judgement.

edit on 30-6-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You're very kind, but I'm just passing on what the Lord nailed and well played. I merely try to pass on truth I've studied, but that I'd be too stupid to come up with, of my own devices, try to check my sometimes dubious life against everything I can learn that God said. It really is only God that is worthy, only He who walked the earth in Jesus Christ worthy, that well played all things for us. Anyway, thanks man, and the Lord keep you.

Indeed for me the Bible is the biggest adventure in life. It started out
as just a book when I first approach it. But as my knowledge increased
it has manifested to a tightly woven beautifully perfect tapestry of
reality truth and history. They don't call it the Living Bible for nothing.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

They don't call it the Living Bible for nothing.

There's a real mouth full! Yes, the words are life, can literally bring eternal life of the Spirit of Christ, that Holy Spirit which also give us eyes to see and ears to hear, discern those spiritually living, eternal truths of scripture, 1 Corinthians 2:14, but also unmasks the world for what it is, opens our eyes to the deceiver and all his tricks. The word of God is very much life, on the page, when it is received, is truth eternal in scope and very food for our living spirits.

John 6:67-68 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

edit on 30-6-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

And the data center hosting this website runs on fairy dust...get over yourself.

If you are not living like an Amish you are part of the problem..period

Then what was the problem all the other times the Earth entered this same pattern? We weren't even here. The Jurassic Era was so hot there were no glaciers or ice.

You're more than welcome to continue seeing yourself as the problem, but we're not big enough - even in this industrial age - to make an impact on temperatures large enough to make a difference.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I always felt that Hollywood is a big threat to the environment. They blow up and wreck cars, buildings, ect.
How much new materials to they waste on sets? Just imagine how many dumpsters of waste they create with just one, just one 45 minute action based TV show, not to mention a full 2 hour movie? And how long is this been going on?

Hollywood wastes resources on a huge level and get's a full pass. Meanwhile the politicians, bureaucrats and legislators look for ways to tax us plebs over and over again.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Temperatures?

We are talking about the complete systematic destruction of an Eco system that sustains us only to increase our comfort.

I'm pretty realistic, I know we're going to hell in a hand-basket and I kind of blame myself.

You choose ignorance and stick you head in the sand, also fine. Whatever floats your goat.

The end sum will be no different for both of us.
edit on 30-6-2021 by keukendeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob
I always felt that Hollywood is a big threat to the environment. They blow up and wreck cars, buildings, ect.
How much new materials to they waste on sets? Just imagine how many dumpsters of waste they create with just one, just one 45 minute action based TV show, not to mention a full 2 hour movie? And how long is this been going on?

Hollywood wastes resources on a huge level and get's a full pass. Meanwhile the politicians, bureaucrats and legislators look for ways to tax us plebs over and over again.

LOL it's a good angle to think about. On a human scale I would say
Hollywood holds some significance of course. As far as what the
Earth is capable of absorbing. Not so much. But I like what Carlin
said, something like, if the earth gets tired of us it will shake us
off like fleas! lol

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Tho Jesus is my personal Savior...
the TRUTH is there are many paths leading to whatever "Source" one seeks within their own nations, cultures, Prophets and belief systems.

"TRUTH" confirms not the "who followed" or "how"...but that one seeks rhe Light of all of us.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The Fallen ones chose and now are here trapped awaiting their day before the judgement.

This is why they are not to be envied. But even more so shown great pity.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You understand....God made evil as well as good...and we have free will.

You choose.

Without evil....we'd have no way....to appreciate "good"to strive toward.

We choose...between the 2.

God didn't make evil.

You are correct. I mis-spoke, standing to correction.

As the Creater of All, ALL exists by the Creater!

A paradox, riddle, conjecture, sure...but if one accepts?

ALL..means...ALL.

G. Bless

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join