It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else noticed YouTube engaging in bait and switch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is it not possible that you are just uninformed in this case and incorrectly using the terms censorship and or bait and switch ?

I took your suggestion and searched for this , " Biden G7 gaffes" which gives this result: www.youtube.com... . Can you point me to any clip in these results that gives an example of anything you are talking about?

In regards to your "bait and switch censorship" claims... Clicking on the TV show you listed literally opens up with a comment about "to watch full episodes, click on the link in the comments" . As so many other posters have tried to explain this isn't any of the things you are claiming but you have your confirmation bias already established in your head so what's the point in anyone telling you otherwise.

edit on 16-6-2021 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Hello, Two Billies, PM sent...

ETA, you will have to clean your cache of cookies, also.
edit on 6/16/2021 by NightFlight because: mo info...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I feel like if Jesus didn't want to be on YouTube, he'd come on back and file a DMCA takedown.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I feel like if Jesus didn't want to be on YouTube, he'd come on back and file a DMCA takedown.

He should literally flip YouTube over and then do some of that fish/bread magic trick stuff.

Juggling would also be cool.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

DMCA in that case stands for:

DAD'S MAD, CHANNEL ANNIHILATED

But yeah, I'd rather he just juggled some cast off leper parts. Preferably on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hmmmm pretty sure you guys killed the channel...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Use a browser like Brave and you don't see any youtube ads ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What's an ad? Haven't seen them since the inception of adblockers some 15 yrs ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

If you are browsing on a desktop machine, install Ad Block Plus.

Successfully removes all of the ads.

And I agree, some of the "related" ads have jack all to do with the clip.

Oldskool Rave video from '91 and would I like to buy a credit card machine?

This also works on android when you have a adblocker installed for your browser and do not use the YT app.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Did that work OK?

If not, maybe might have something else that works...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Hmmmm pretty sure you guys killed the channel...

Yep, gone.

This thread was a hoot, though lol

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

He did not lie. I myself have also seen un-skippable adds of 20 minutes in the YT app placed before the actual content.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

In some cases the "commercial" is over 20 minutes long, at least that is when I gave up and decided it was their way of censoring the clip.

I was alarmed, when I saw a youtuber 'react' to some video, and there were actual commercials in the middle that she had to then edit out etc., and I couldn't believe it - are people this .. hmm.. well, I am sure anyone can finish this question and come up with a suitable word.

Who the heck watches commercials voluntarily? I ditched the idiot box programming a long time ago, and moved to just watching 'shows' instead of 'TV programming' (no one's gonna program me).

Even in the 1980s, people could skip ads with VCR technology - either fast forwarding them or having some kind of automatic system to not even record them (or manually non-record them, but that'd be cumbersome).

My point is, there always has been, and still currently are, ways to circumvent ads and commercials, and no one in their right mind with half a common sense should -ever- have to subject themselves to watching a commercial or ad. No matter how much some ruthless and soulless people beg them to do so.

If I didn't watch ads on TV (there's a reason why people used to go to the toilet during 'commercial breaks' - another normalized word for something weird in this world) in the 1980s, I am not going to watch them on youtube, either.

I just bought a whole season of The Simpsons for a couple of coins. Yes, I still use cash. That's a really tiny price to pay to be able to watch it conveniently without any commercials. I would never go back to the TV system, where someone else decides when I watch it and puts some crap in the middle that I have to endure through one way or another (even though I don't watch it).

There are -so- many ways to 'not have to watch ads' in youtube, it boggles my mind that people voluntarily actually just let them play. If I ever am in a situation where an ad or commercial starts to play in my web browser or whatnot, I will hit pause, exit, close program, ALT+F4, volume off, mute, monitor off, close my eyes, throw my headphones through the window, WHATEVER IT TAKES so I don't have to subject myself to even one second of that crap (I already accidentally listened to weirdly-toned vaccine-praise and lies how it supposedly 'protects you and your loved ones', so vomit-inducing!, and it was all due to bad old tech that doesn't let me control things as well as modern tech does, I won't ever want to be in that situation again).

Do people seriously tolerate ads and commercials?? I am so out of touch.. maybe that's trendy these days. I am a compulsive ad and commercial-avoider, I can't stand them AT ALL, I never look at ads if I can avoid looking at them, I never watch or listen any commercials if there's any way to avoid them, and so on. Why would anyone??

edit on 20-8-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join