It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer plans to request emergency use authorization for 12- to 15-year-olds in the coming weeks.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Whats the angle here? aren't 12-15 year olds at limited risk anyway. Is it just to get the schools open? Cause 12-15 year olds are asymptomatic carriers? What's the urgency?

www.nbcnews.com...

Pfizer says the Covid vaccine 100 percent effective in children ages 12 to 15

Pfizer says its Covid-19 vaccine is safe and 100 percent effective in preventing the illness in teenagers ages 12 to 15.

"This is exactly the news that we hoped to hear," said Dr. Buddy Creech, a pediatric infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Creech was not involved in the Pfizer research.

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

The vaccine, given in two doses three weeks apart, is already cleared for emergency use in people ages 16 and up.

The company plans to request emergency use authorization for 12- to 15-year-olds in the coming weeks, "with the hope of starting to vaccinate this age group before the start of the next school year," Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said in a statement.

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
If its 100% effective allow themselves to be sued by anyone negatively affected.

Probably not.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

But then it wouldn't be 100% effective at making them a #ton of money.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sterilization.

Poplulation Control method.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No vaccine....no school.

Huge increase in home schooling incoming.
edit on 3/31/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
No vaccine....no school.

The problem with that is there are loads of family situations where that isn't gonna happen either.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Huge increase in profit for Pfizer... people will be lining up to put their kids on the test subject list

sheep...

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How many years do we need to observe these test subjects for health impact of the vaccine before we know it's safe to get the shot?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
How many years do we need to observe these test subjects for health impact of the vaccine before we know it's safe to get the shot?

How about we use the existing time frame the FDA the country used previously for decades before the COVID "crisis". This situation is not critical enough to just use haphazardly on children or adults but especially children.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

One word, Thalidomide.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
About time. The test should have been done along with the adult testing. This fear mongering over a vaccine that people do not take the time to research and understand, has gotten to be too much.

I have had it, my wife has had it, a lot of people in my family have had it. I will have my kids get it, when it is approved.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

No vaccine....no school.

The problem with that is there are loads of family situations where that isn't gonna happen either.

Such as? Maybe this will be the kick to the pants American couples need to hammer out who REALLY should raise the kids, and who's best at securing the better (i.e higher, if needed) income.

I'd call swallowing that & being forced to face it a Silver Lining, but that's just me (and everyone knows how I feel about working moms, being the kid of a divorced working one. Spoiler: I'm not even close to a fan of them.)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
About time. The test should have been done along with the adult testing. This fear mongering over a vaccine that people do not take the time to research and understand, has gotten to be too much.

I have had it, my wife has had it, a lot of people in my family have had it. I will have my kids get it, when it is approved.

The fear-mongering is the alleged COVID danger to children which is virtually non existent,

Here's the problem, that is your right, but others may or may not agree with your purely anecdotal and early evidence. As long as the vaccinations aren't mandatory and not getting them isn't exclusionary or prohibitive in any way shape or form I got no problem with that. The inference here is that if children don't have this rushed-to-market vaccine, they may be excluded form school etc.

Not to mention just to arbitrarily proclaim it's now okay for 12-15-year-olds the differences in maturity and physiologics in kids vary tremendously, they have nothing but an educated guess as to it's safety not to mention it's effectiveness. Not to mention it's likely to have the same effect and success ratio as the flu vaccine which is about 70% and you need to get it every year, for something that isn't even marginally lethal for kids

edit on 31-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

No vaccine....no school.

Such as? Maybe this will be the kick to the pants American couples need to hammer out who REALLY should raise the kids, and who's best at securing the better (i.e higher, if needed) income.

I'd call swallowing that & being forced to face it a Silver Lining, but that's just me (and everyone knows how I feel about working moms, being the kid of a divorced working one. Spoiler: I'm not even close to a fan of them.)

Not saying it's right. it's just the reality of the situation it puts people in. All to force them to vaccinate their kids on an infection that is not lethal to children hardly at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anyone who allows their child to have this EXPERMIENTAL GENE THERAPY (Stop calling it a friggin vaccine) should be charged with neglect.

Children are absolutely not a risk. Only to those who have trashed their immune system with gene therapy. THIS is why they need 100% therapy cover, they absolutely know this is about to kill soooooo many people. The kicker is, they'll blame 'anti vaxxers' the narrative never changes.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Here's the problem, that is your right, but others may or may not agree with your purely anecdotal and early evidence. As long as the vaccinations aren't mandatory and not getting them isn't exclusionary or prohibitive in any way shape or form I got no problem with that. The inference here is that if children don't have this rushed-to-market vaccine, they may be excluded form school etc.

Not to mention just to arbitrarily proclaim it's now okay for 12-15-year-olds the differences in maturity and physiologics in kids vary tremendously, they have nothing but an educated guess as to it's safety not to mention it's effectiveness. Not to mention it's likely to have the same effect and success ratio as the flu vaccine which is about 70% and you need to get it every year, for something that isn't even marginally lethal for kids

Here is the problem. Most of the time if someone expresses a different opinion than what is in the echo chamber at the moment, it is immediately mashed upon.

You did not do this, and I thank you!

There are plenty of vaccines that are mandatory to attend school. Some of them I don't like. I think the chicken pox vaccine is ridiculous. That being said, I agree with you. It should not be mandatory, at some time it probably will though.

I am not going to go into the effectiveness, etc. They are the experts in having testing done, not me. I will, and have done, my research on it though. By what I have seen, all the negatives are hype and fear mongering. It is your choice though, take it or not, have your kids get it or not. I would rather protect my kids from long term problems associated with Covid, lung damage, heart problems, etc., than to worry about what I feel is an overblown reaction based in fiction and fear, over the vaccine.

I hope I am not wrong, but if I am, it is on me.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Then you're a moron.

And you havent researched anything. You're calling it a vaccine with no hint of irony. It doesnt pass even the FDA's approval for vaccinations.

They had to change the meaning of the word vaccine field this to count because you cant give gene therapy to vast swathes of people on a whim , but you can authorize an emergency 'vaccine'.

You're jabbed anyway too late for you. Sorry. You really, really, really shouldnt have done that.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Anyone who allows their child to have this EXPERMIENTAL GENE THERAPY (Stop calling it a friggin vaccine) should be charged with neglect.

Children are absolutely not a risk. Only to those who have trashed their immune system with gene therapy. THIS is why they need 100% therapy cover, they absolutely know this is about to kill soooooo many people. The kicker is, they'll blame 'anti vaxxers' the narrative never changes.

And there it is. The echo chamber of "if you don't believe as I do, you are wrong." Let the bashing ensue, I knew it would.

I have the right to raise my child as I see fit.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Then you're a moron.

And you havent researched anything. You're calling it a vaccine with no hint of irony. It doesnt pass even the FDA's approval for vaccinations.

They had to change the meaning of the word vaccine field this to count because you cant give gene therapy to vast swathes of people on a whim , but you can authorize an emergency 'vaccine'.

You're jabbed anyway too late for you. Sorry. You really, really, really shouldnt have done that.

Ho hum... We can agree that each other is the moron, OK?

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The acting chair of the committee, Arnold Monto, from the University of Michigan, who has decades of experience studying the efficacy of vaccines, put it in more dire terms during the discussion. The maker of a Covid-19 vaccine that is given an EUA might not be able to generate enough additional data to ever successfully apply for a full license, Monto said

Hey, do you underetsnd what this means MR research?
Just because you reserve the right to do what you want (go ahead) I reserve the right to call you out, because you deserve it.
Please dont do this to your kids.

Ps, if you do, you're a moron. Your childrens immune systems dont need help fighting this. They're NOT at risk. Do you even think about what it is you're doing? At all?
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join