It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chauvin trial were taking Opinions today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
I knew when I saw the video the first time that I was witnessing a murder. A cold-blooded, cruel, evil murder. I hope that George Floyd gets the Justice he deserves, I hope Derek goes to hell

Nah you didnt know that because it isnt what happened.

Just like that dopey EMT girl, youve been trained to think racism etc. etc. any time you see white police struggling with a black criminal.
edit on 31-3-2021 by Ringsofsaturn777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

His head, chest, and neck being frantically and unnecessarily pinned to the pavement for 7 minutes by a police officer... Was a physical trauma that his body given the state it was in, could not endure and led to his death.

Fact: Had the arrest not occurred, he would be alive. The officer used excessy force that let to his death.

George Floyd was murdered

That probably is a fact, because if the police had not been there, he would not have swallowed all of his drugs. However, that does not prove that excessive force killed him. He claimed he couldn't breathe minutes before he was pinned down. Had he not been uncooperative and resisting arrest, they may have been able to properly assist him medically.

I feel as though this is a fair take, and generally where I stand (as if my opinion matters). I get that this is another case that has latched onto the Culture War ™ but I’ll just wait for the trial to conclude before I take any hardline stances.

posted on Mar, 31 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You can't knock out, let alone kill someone with a one sided "blood choke"

I have a good friend who also trains at an MMA gym and is essentially dedicating his life to the sport. His initial reaction when I asked him if an opponent could be rendered unconscious with a one-sided blood choke was “no, a true blood choke requires both arteries to be blocked.”

He doesn’t follow politics or this case at all. I asked as a general question.

He also just mentioned that if their blood pressure was high enough, that could possibly change his answer? I don’t know anything about what fentanyl does to the system, but I’m sure they’ll talk about it at the trial at some point.
edit on 31-3-2021 by LetTheColdCome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
... the fact is if the cops weren't called he would still be alive. Its a fact

How did you come to the conclusion that it's a fact?

If Police weren't called, what was stopping Floyd from dying somewhere else?

Who called for an ambulance/

If Floyd collapsed somewhere else, would anyone where he ends up call for an ambulance?

Would there even be someone there?

I think a lot of people are assuming too much

The Judge had to admonish a Witness yesterday for giving an opinion that wasn't asked for. I don't envy the People who have to sort fact from opinion in this case. I bet the outcome is riding on it.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Fact: Had the arrest not occurred, he would be alive.

That doesnt mean the police did anything wrong.. if he had stayed in bed all day he would also be alive yes? So what..

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Journalists are activists. They don’t present information, they sell opinions.

a reply to: CryHavoc

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

If Police weren't called, what was stopping Floyd from dying somewhere else?

He wouldnt have swallowed the drugs. Thats it down to a basic point.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

He couldn't have overdosed without a cop?

He wouldnt because he wouldnt have swallowed his stash. But thats not saying thats what he died from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join