It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Says Same-Sex Marriages are Sinful. They Are Against Gods Will.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Seriously, out of the three Abrahamic Religions, only Judaism, or Leviticus really says anything about gays. The N.t an Quran, all the doesnt have anything to say regarding gays. More then welcome to correct me if you find a passage or two.

If Islam really did, they would not have polygamy for certain reasons, an most of their women would probably be dead...even though it sounds super straight to me, but there a tiny detail that in between such lines.
edit on 15-3-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I am not actually anti religion, even though I may come across as such. People are free to believe whatever or whoever they wish.

I just don't get the Roman Catholic Church or Paul's position in it when it is so clearly false. Peter would make sense but Paul? And the hierarchical structure is so far removed from the earliest Church it just makes the rest pointless. Control of power was the only purpose of the Catholic Church and that, frankly, doesn't seem very Christian!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

For this reason [viz. idolatry], God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
Romans 1:26-27

see the trick is Leviticus was the law book for the jews, those are all the "laws of Moses". jesus had this to say about that:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or
the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:17

which actually according to jesus means you have to keep the laws of Moses AND the new laws of Jesus... or do Christians not follow the 10 commandments, because those are the law of Moses as well.

“At the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh[.]’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate” (Matthew 19:4–6)

Jesus didn't specifically condem a lot of things like rape, incest or bestiality, do you think those are acceptable since it wasn't expressly forbade in the bible?

PS i appreciate your #superstraight reference there lmao

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The apostles were criminals. Jesus was Jewish and ultimately against religion. The Roman Catholics got a lot of power by ignoring Nazis. They claim to be "celibate" but molestation is rampant. I say let people love each other. It's weird that so many people care what these clowns say anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I am not actually anti religion, even though I may come across as such. People are free to believe whatever or whoever they wish.

I just don't get the Roman Catholic Church or Paul's position in it when it is so clearly false. Peter would make sense but Paul? And the hierarchical structure is so far removed from the earliest Church it just makes the rest pointless. Control of power was the only purpose of the Catholic Church and that, frankly, doesn't seem very Christian!

The Vatican is not Christian. Sorry being blunt but I've no time for a thread. Paul taught well regarding "doctrines of demons" and they distort and pervert Peter and Pauls teachings. We could also do a thread on Peter and Paul's initial disagreement.

Whatever you believe, it requires a measure of faith. That is part of our heritage. Be blessed.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: carewemust

Actually that part is in the OT laws and applied to the hebrew/israelites. see the way we can do less than the chosen people and not break the law is we are of different covenants.

The Catholic church is acting like they are hebrews,but a majority of them are Gentiles,and not related to abrahams tribe. They have yet to admit this and want to keep their power.

There are plenty of passages in the new testament backing the old testament. Example

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error’
Romans 1:26-27

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God’
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

‘The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine’
1 Timothy. 1:9-10

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Touche, forgot about those.

So, kill em all, just like Jesus was put death fulfilling the said law? I got my own theories about the said author, Paul, although mind you, I dont pay much him reverence. And the Leviticus bunch wasnt much of a cassnova group ether according to them.

True, Jesus doesn't say alot of things, all the while the O.T says it not ok to cook a vulture an eat it, no matter how hungry. Idk, if he said jump off a bridge(think thay was his second temptation), would you do it? A little voice told Abraham, to kill his so .

And that little wasnt even considered Satanic.

Also, Angels can apparently marry, not sure how it works ether.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Exscuse me,but if you read what I posted about "the law" how can you get that? The OT law specifies its for MOSES/abrahams/israelites/hebrews people.

Yes Jesus did not come to abolish the law. He presented a new set of law as the NT covenant for all others who were not Abrahams or moses peoples. The bible IS NOT ONE BOOK,but two. It may be presented in one books form but the OT ITSELF is a HISTORY for Christians who are not of abrahams tribe or moses tribe.

You persist in claiming there is no seperation of the Covenants. When biblical scholars can actually get specific towards who each covenant,and set of laws apply to. So there is no breaking of the law or aborgation because each one is for a specific people.

the refrences To the old law in the NT are just to tell the hebrews/jewish/israelites that there is another covenant that is easier to follow because it involves accepting Jesus sacrifice and love for every sinner.

Following the OT law is no guarantee for salvation,but only the grace of God through Jesus can save you. Not by works,but through Grace.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Jesus fulfilled his covenant to the hebrews/israelites moses and abrahams peoples.

What you fail to grasp is the subtle difference here.

Jesus said he was not there to abolish the law. The OT in the start of the book if you read carefully specifies who the OT law is for. So jesus spoke to them and told them their laws still applied to them,but he also said Non hebrews/israelites,do not have to keep the sabbath or do numerous things the OT law specifically calls them to do if they are on Abraham or moses peoples. there is a reason they are called Gods chosen people.

So IF non abrahamic people do not keep one part of the OT law then it as if they broke th ewhole law correct? But then jesus said they did not have to keep the sabbath,and other things so Then we come to a problem.

So Jesus introduced a new covenant,based on Forgiveness of sins through GRACE,and not works such as following the laws of the hebrews/israelites. Moses specified the 10 commandments were for his people. The catholic church is GENTILES/aka christians.

In short the Catholic church is not Christian since they follow the OT laws AS WELL AS the NT laws in a mish mash of covenants that were never meant to be combined since they are for seperate people.

OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT READ THIS CRITICALLY AND SHRUG IT OFF.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

First of all, the documents from this latest synod have not yet been translated from Italian to English. So, unless your read the documents in Italian, you don't know what is actually being prescribed.

Secondly, the Vatican also doesn't sanction or bless divorce, remarriage or couples living together outside of wedlock. So, if we're going to mount that high horse, we better check our reins and tighten our stirrups.

Maybe CNN's Don Lemon has completed the translation. He's not happy with the Vatican's position.

Lemon - "God is not about hindering people." : thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't think the Vatican are in any position to preach to people on sinful sexual matters.
First stone and all that.

Just sayin.

Using your rationale, no group is qualified to preach to anyone about anything, because every group contains members who go against what the group preaches.

When it comes to the Vatican, maybe they're just laying out what their religious books say, vs what all their priests do in their lives.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So, he's basically saying the same thing as everyone else in this thread, yet you point to Don Lemon, as if his opinion carries some authority?

No one really expects the Vatican to bless gay marriages while not recognizing divorce and not blessing the people remarrying after divorce. There are a lot more divorced Catholics and remarried Catholics than there are married gay Catholics.

This news isn't anything unexpected, regardless of the bored media and their groupies fake hype.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The usual, predictable, knee-jerk response, largely from non-Catholics. If you are non-Catholic, what do you care what their internal policies are? It does not affect you. It does not concern you. Let them handle it.

We are free to speak..right? and point out hypocrisy!!

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Us people are dumber, more distracted, and further from the truth than many were 4,000 years ago. The truth stings us all, unless we stay distracted enough.

Your post was distracting. ATS is one big entertaining distraction. Almost all things tech are distracting in one form or another. What do you think is the truth? Please tell us more dumber people. Tell me but try and not distract me on this infernal Godless website. Do you see the irony yet?

edit on 15-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great..this thread is about the catholic church.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Us people are dumber, more distracted, and further from the truth than many were 4,000 years ago. The truth stings us all, unless we stay distracted enough.

Your post was distracting. ATS is one big entertaining distraction. Almost all things tech are distracting in one form or another. What do you think is the truth? Please tell us more dumber people. Tell me but try and not distract me on this infernal Godless website. Do you see the irony yet?

Can't we just agree to be nice to each other? Sounds crazy but I believe it to be attainable.

Also you're both dumb. Take it on the chin and carry on you beautiful bastards.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: olaru12

Can't we just agree to be nice to each other? Sounds crazy but I believe it to be attainable.

Also you're both dumb. Take it on the chin and carry on you beautiful bastards.

"also you're both dumb" "Can't we just agree to be nice to each other"

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'll just delete this, lol. Love you all.
edit on 15-3-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do they still refuse to marry divorced people?
They still seem to find a way to get married again.
It is funny how people can pick and choose what parts of the bible the find relevant and what parts they choose to throw away.
How can you say that same sex marriage is more sinful than divorce and remarriage? Is there a ranking system that is printed in some bibles ranking them according to how abhorrent they are to god? I have something like six bibles and not one of them has this. But, I do know that it says that ALL liars will have their place in hell... and that one it seems everyone ranks on the lowest level.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, March 15, 2021

Apparently this is news today, even though the Catholic Church is doing nothing more than confirming what the Holy Bible says.

The Catholic Church and its priests cannot bless same-sex unions because God "cannot bless sin," the Vatican said Monday.

The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said it was responding to questions about gay unions. The two-page statement published in seven languages was approved by Pope Francis.

"The blessing of homosexual unions cannot be considered licit," the statement says, adding that "there are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family."
www.usatoday.com...

What made the Vatican affirm their position on same-sex marriage at this time? There may be more affirmations coming, related to adults having sexual contact with children.

-CareWeMust

Anti-Humanitarian behaviour can never ever be condoned nor protected by laws...for our Species to survive and prosper we must never allow ourselves to devolve.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join