It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Says Same-Sex Marriages are Sinful. They Are Against Gods Will.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Following the OT law is no guarantee for salvation,but only the grace of God through Jesus can save you. Not by works,but through Grace.

Yes I agree, you sure have an anger issue.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Following the OT law is no guarantee for salvation,but only the grace of God through Jesus can save you. Not by works,but through Grace.

Yes I agree, you sure have an anger issue.

I do not use caps for yelling. I also was being critical but not angry. Sorry it comes off that way alright?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
wait

wait a second

are you telling me... are you telling me the catholic church says being gay is a sin? the real catholic church? oh no! oh mercy! i've been carrying on this wayward sinful homoerotic path convinced that the catholic church said it was fine but if the catholic church says it's a sin!! if only they'd told us before! are you getting what i'm putting down? if only they mentioned it like once or twice or spent hundreds of years oppressing people about it! how was i to know??? i suppose i have no choice but to abandon my entire life and get a boyfriend tomorrow

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
never mind
The catholic doctrine is hypocrisy.
edit on 16-3-2021 by Dalamax because: I can’t possibly help move this thread anywhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

First of all, the documents from this latest synod have not yet been translated from Italian to English

Sookkie. I like the way you write but you sure about that as per above. Google Translate?

[2] So what about covert marriage in the Catholic church, as in Male to Shemale? Today there are millions who look more like a female than a natural female. So unless the priest goes Crocodile Mick Dundee who would ever know.

Mick Dundee

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, March 15, 2021

Apparently this is news today, even though the Catholic Church is doing nothing more than confirming what the Holy Bible says.

The Catholic Church and its priests cannot bless same-sex unions because God "cannot bless sin," the Vatican said Monday.

The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said it was responding to questions about gay unions. The two-page statement published in seven languages was approved by Pope Francis.

"The blessing of homosexual unions cannot be considered licit," the statement says, adding that "there are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family."
www.usatoday.com...

What made the Vatican affirm their position on same-sex marriage at this time? There may be more affirmations coming, related to adults having sexual contact with children.

-CareWeMust

Anti-Humanitarian behaviour can never ever be condoned nor protected by laws...for our Species to survive and prosper we must never allow ourselves to devolve.

Now where people stand on a Pro Life or Pro Abortion basis, personally I believe in Children's rights and the genocidal level of abortion in developed nations where it is a LIFESTYLE CHOICE is actually leaving us with too few young people, it is actually KILLING OUR NATION'S and resulting in an imbalanced unsustainable society with too many old people, not because baby's are not being conceived because they most certainly are but because they are being murdered in the womb by doctors whom have BROKEN there hypocritic oath and a culture that tells woman they should work into there 40's then have a kid or two with cost of living so high these days that it takes two working adults to be able to afford just a single child.

Not Disagreeing in general but if our Religion was Anti Human I WOULD agree but all the moral and ethical argument you have made in your answer are based on right's and belief's GROWN out of Christianity, admittedly liberated in the so called age of Reason and the working class struggles of the 18th, 19th and 20th century's but BORN out of Christian morality and belief's.

You have the right to believe what you do and say what you do because of Christianity and Christian Ethic's and Freedom's.

You could NOT disagree in any other culture.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Most bible readers know what God says about homosexuality

That its an "abomination" etc. So how on earth can the church possibly endorse gay marriage or even bless it??

Marriage is a sacrament and a covenant between a man and a woman period. Everyone knows this like everyone also knows adultery is also as bad.

Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone," which is the usual comeback in such an argument but they always conveniently leave out the part where the adulterer was told to SIN NO MORE!

I will not call what is good bad or what is bad good and will never accept anything that goes against God's Word no matter how much people don't like it!
edit on 16-3-2021 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wait

wait a second

are you telling me... are you telling me the catholic church says being gay is a sin? the real catholic church? oh no! oh mercy! i've been carrying on this wayward sinful homoerotic path convinced that the catholic church said it was fine but if the catholic church says it's a sin!! if only they'd told us before! are you getting what i'm putting down? if only they mentioned it like once or twice or spent hundreds of years oppressing people about it! how was i to know??? i suppose i have no choice but to abandon my entire life and get a boyfriend tomorrow

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Exactly, just like everyone can be forgiven but it implies you seek to attempt to do no more wrong.

Saying "I am sorry" only matters if you act like it. Hence, go and sin no more. Blessing a gay marriage would be the blessing of continual sinful activity.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Marriage is a sacrament and a covenant between a man and a woman period. Everyone knows this like everyone also knows adultery is also as bad.

Or, a man and several women and concubines.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Saying "I am sorry" only matters if you act like it. Hence, go and sin no more. Blessing a gay marriage would be the blessing of continual sinful activity.

Kinda like how the Church doesn't bless the marriage of divorced people who remarry, and continue living in sin.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

There ok with priest raping kids though, just shuffle the offenders from one parish to another, many are complicit and yet to be punished..no, they are no authority.

All churches i.e. humans in general have done bad things... I don't see though as a institution reporting its OK to rape kids, or anyone, do you? Same thing here, I'm pretty sure there are gays in the church, but the church makes their official stance, but what humans do is many times different.

They are the authority of their church, so I guess they can say whatever they want...lol Punishment within society doesn't mean punishment with God too, or Vice Versa...

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB

That its an "abomination" etc. So how on earth can the church possibly endorse gay marriage or even bless it??

Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone," which is the usual comeback in such an argument but they always conveniently leave out the part where the adulterer was told to SIN NO MORE!

I will not call what is good bad or what is bad good and will never accept anything that goes against God's Word no matter how much people don't like it!

Where does it say "Abomination" in reference to Homosexual, where as in the O.T it get applied to offering to Zeus. Only one other passage other then Pauls works in the N.T, refers to homosexuality, an doesn't look good.

Matt 5:

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

How does one feel about King Solomon...he pretty up there right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 16-3-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I knew I should have quoted that line from the article when I posted that!

That's what the OP's linked article stated...that it hadn't been translated yet, so details were fuzzy.

Today, the updated articles says:

The two-page statement published in seven languages was approved by Pope Francis.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB

We all fall short of Gods kingdom without Jesus granting us salvation so we may be saved by Grace. Also what part of the bible was the abomination part and why was it called so? Most likely OT parts. All sin is a abomination to God though. You look a t woman and think shes hot? there you just became a adulterer. If we tried to live by the law we will always fall short. that is why the new covenant was formed for all who cannot be perfect.

Marriage vows are nowhere in the bible and it is a contract between two people.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The O.T answer for punishment was Death btw.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Marriage vows are nowhere in the bible and it is a contract between two people.

Actually, the Old Testament vows Ruth made to Naomi have been very popular marriage vows for centuries.

Ruth 1:16-17

...Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

Ironic eh? A vow made to a woman, by a woman, should be so popular among all married lovers.

edit on 16-3-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
The O.T answer for punishment was Death btw.

Well when you are trying to grow a nation of hebrews/israelites you cant have them acting homosexual because you need all the breeders you can get.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod

There ok with priest raping kids though, just shuffle the offenders from one parish to another, many are complicit and yet to be punished..no, they are no authority.

All churches i.e. humans in general have done bad things... I don't see though as a institution reporting its OK to rape kids, or anyone, do you? Same thing here, I'm pretty sure there are gays in the church, but the church makes their official stance, but what humans do is many times different.

They are the authority of their church, so I guess they can say whatever they want...lol Punishment within society doesn't mean punishment with God too, or Vice Versa...

Well, the church did everything it could to bury it, they did not excommunicate bad priests, more often than not, moved to another district/parish, to continue the behaviour..the church was more ok with it, that it was ok with exposing it.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wait

wait a second

are you telling me... are you telling me the catholic church says being gay is a sin? the real catholic church? oh no! oh mercy! i've been carrying on this wayward sinful homoerotic path convinced that the catholic church said it was fine but if the catholic church says it's a sin!! if only they'd told us before! are you getting what i'm putting down? if only they mentioned it like once or twice or spent hundreds of years oppressing people about it! how was i to know??? i suppose i have no choice but to abandon my entire life and get a boyfriend tomorrow.

IMO, it would be a mistake for you to hand the Catholic Church any authority over how you conduct your daily life.

You came into this world without Catholic church support, and you will leave this world without the Catholic church support.

edit on 3/16/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join