It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Says Same-Sex Marriages are Sinful. They Are Against Gods Will.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Monday, March 15, 2021

Apparently this is news today, even though the Catholic Church is doing nothing more than confirming what the Holy Bible says.

The Catholic Church and its priests cannot bless same-sex unions because God "cannot bless sin," the Vatican said Monday.

The Vatican's orthodoxy office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said it was responding to questions about gay unions. The two-page statement published in seven languages was approved by Pope Francis.

"The blessing of homosexual unions cannot be considered licit," the statement says, adding that "there are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family."
www.usatoday.com...

What made the Vatican affirm their position on same-sex marriage at this time? There may be more affirmations coming, related to adults having sexual contact with children.

-CareWeMust
edit on 3/15/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
There ok with priest raping kids though, just shuffle the offenders from one parish to another, many are complicit and yet to be punished..no, they are no authority.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Let’s play “Who Wants to get Cancelled!”

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I find it ironic for the Vatican setting the standards for sexuality, considering their record with pedophilia.

I guess that's their "cross to bare"

edit on 15-3-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by SKEPTEK removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Actually that part is in the OT laws and applied to the hebrew/israelites. see the way we can do less than the chosen people and not break the law is we are of different covenants.

The Catholic church is acting like they are hebrews,but a majority of them are Gentiles,and not related to abrahams tribe. They have yet to admit this and want to keep their power.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I find it ironic for the Vatican setting the standards for sexuality, considering their record with pedophilia.

I guess that's their "cross to bare"

All organizations put out statements. All this one means is that Same-Sex couples can't get married in a Catholic church, by a catholic priest. There's still many other ways to get married.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I had to do a search because I completely remembered the opposite position being stated. I found multiple sources...but just linked the top one. Pop e Frances

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I had to do a search because I completely remembered the opposite position being stated. I found multiple sources...but just linked the top one. Pop e Frances

Good find! That could explain why the Vatican speaks now to clarify the Catholic Church's overall position.

Is "The Pope" the same as "The Vatican"?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

First of all, the documents from this latest synod have not yet been translated from Italian to English. So, unless your read the documents in Italian, you don't know what is actually being prescribed.

Secondly, the Vatican also doesn't sanction or bless divorce, remarriage or couples living together outside of wedlock. So, if we're going to mount that high horse, we better check our reins and tighten our stirrups.

edit on 15-3-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't think the Vatican are in any position to preach to people on sinful sexual matters.
First stone and all that.

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good find! That could explain why the Vatican speaks now to clarify the Catholic Church's overall position.

Is "The Pope" the same as "The Vatican"?

I honestly have no idea. It's always been my assumption that the Pope spoke for all of the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

There is a difference between a civil union and a marriage. Nevertheless, your point is still valid since the church felt the need to reiterate their doctrine on the matter.

Isn't the pope the viceroy of God and infallible? Interesting the church would need to correct God's right-hand man on earth.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Let’s play “Who Wants to get Cancelled!”

You just nailed their agenda.
They want God's Holy Bible cancelled. It will be called racist sexist hate speech. None of which it promotes at all. It never supports slavery even, mankind insisted on that and still does. Technology evolves, people have not. Us people are dumber, more distracted, and further from the truth than many were 4,000 years ago. The truth stings us all, unless we stay distracted enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join