It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Mid 40s, very nicely dressed, wearing more gold than Mr T and a huge diamond wedding ring. This lady was anything but struggling to make ends meet.

Well, darn... now I almost feel worse for her -- and in the worst way. In the pity way in which there is no hope... as opposed to the sympathy/empathy way in which there is hope. I can't imagine reaching that age and being that (fill in the blank). Life cannot be easy for her.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Boomer???
Snowflake???
Racist???
Cultural appropriation???

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I sold a glass & mirror curio to a couple that lived an hour away and did NOT bring blankets/paddings....
I'm sure it was in a thousand pieces by the time they got it home... not my problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It was something that bothered him, so he shared it.

How is that any different from what you're doing right now?

If you have to ask, I doubt you would understand the answer.

But, since you did ask, and it is a discussion forum, here's my answer: There is no value but much harm in tearing people down who have hurt no one but themselves. There is value in trying to raise the level of conversation and, in the process, our understanding, courtesy and respect for others.

At the very least, there is much value in the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all."
edit on 5-3-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I bought a nice IBM printer from a church bazaar once but it didn't have any Linux drivers so I put it on CL for free. Yeah, friggin' free. And, as to be expected, some moron contacts me asking me to bring it to him to a place about 30 miles from where I was. When I said no, he got pissy about it; like really, really seriously pissy, like spoiled brat entitled demanding pissy. So, I did what I like best to do with those types; I trolled him. I trolled the hell out of him. I finally caved in, said I'd deliver it after all. He was happy, until I told him that I'd do it for $200 to cover fuel, wear on my vehicle and my time.

Then I blocked the anal orifice.

Yeah, the world if full of anal orifices. Best you can do is to try to not be one.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

Boomer???
Snowflake???
Racist???
Cultural appropriation???

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there's someone out there who has or would accuse me of every one of those... probably you too! In fact, there's probably someone out there who has or would accuse anyone and everyone of the same. At some point, it means nothing.

Oh well. Other people's opinion of me is none of my business. They can think what they will... and I will continue to do what I will!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The world is full of Karen's

LOL! Yes, indeed it is!

Imagine someone being so bent out of shape over someone's lack of foresight (that only hurt themselves) that they would have to author a thread on a public discussion forum to talk trash about that person behind their back... and, of course, make themselves feel oh-so-superior about themselves.

"Karens" indeed!!!

Ironically, ^^^ this ^^^ is the ultimate Karen reply!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Check your privilege bro.

Yeah people are dumb and I often wonder how some of them seem to float through life successfully in spite of it.

Warning labels and the social mentality that goes with them. We've made existence too safe and circumvented natural selection for too long. The gene pool needs a heavy dose of chlorine at the shallow end.
:
edit on 2021 3 05 by incoserv because: formatting.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Oh how funny... and that's exactly what I mean by over-use and mis-use of the word rendering it meaningless.

So being a "Karen" is no longer about someone bitching and complaining about trivial and inconsequential things...now unless I pile on the big anonymous trash talking cyber dogpile, I'm a "Karen" too?

Oooooooooooooookay... thank you for making my point for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: incoserv

Oh how funny... and that's exactly what I mean by over-use and mis-use of the word rendering it meaningless.

So being a "Karen" is no longer about someone bitching and complaining about trivial and inconsequential things...now unless I pile on the big anonymous trash talking cyber dogpile, I'm a "Karen" too?

Oooooooooooooookay... thank you for making my point for me.

Two-for-two!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Thank you for the belly laugh. Every morning should start with one!

Now I feel bad for you though. I'm sorry (kindasorta) I just don't have it in me to care if you call me a "Karen." I've been called lots and lots of things -- good and bad -- and "Karen" just makes me laugh. Like being called a bitch. In the future, I think I'll have to adapt my go-to response for "bitch" to "Karen" and just tell people, "That's MRS Karen to you!"

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Lol! Thanks for a light hearted thread! We could all use more of them!
Playing devil’s advocate for a minute, maybe she checked your place out on Google Street Maps & saw that you have a truck! Figured she would con/flirt the owner into delivering for her!
Yeah, that’s probably a stretch! Lol!

My favorite expression is, “Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden!”
All you have to do is watch some person-on-the-street interviews! People are shifting their knowledge to trivial nonsense!
Ask questions about celebrities, reality shows, name brand clothing...no problem. But...ask the capitols of the states, who their state representative is, or some current events...crickets! It’s really sad what people fill their brains up with!

And people aren’t taught to think things through before they do them. Kind of like the people who order furniture or appliances, but don’t measure their doorways first! I know several people who are intelligent who have done this!

Like I told my daughter’s boyfriend once. Everybody makes mistakes & learns from them. It’s only when you make a mistake more than once that it shows a real problem!

WOQ

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Most people are stupid.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Somebody used to say to me, I quote and translate "Every morning, there's going to be at least one stupid person rising out of the feathers ready to cross your way!". It's more of a thumb rule...

One of them is going to get us sometimes. Sometimes we're the stupid person. Rather laugh about these situatuins than take it too stern. A second of anger takes lifetime away. Little by little. It's not worth it.

Hakuna matata.
(There are no problems)

edit on 5.3.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, I had a funny story I was going to share about free stuff, but all the holier-than-thou back and forth took the fun out of it.

So, Nvm.

edit on 3/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Please share!

For myself... I wrote that sometimes we're the idiot/stupid. Didn't get your impression so please share. Had a bad day? Release some steam and share a story

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Eh, screw the sourpusses. I always enjoy your stories.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Nah, another member in this thread would just come piss on it, saying it was a lie and / or "fiction", and his alter-ego would be by shortly after that to agree with him, star his own posts, and cast more aspersions.

Not worth it.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sorry I can't hear you over the big mimimimimi sound you make.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Three thumbs up!
edit on 3/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join