It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were there 2 stories of Creation in Genesis?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I say yes!

I believe God Created 3 times in the 1st verse of Genesis. Verse 1, 21(Cambrian explosion) and 27. Verse 26 says:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

First God made man in his image and then his likeness. Here's what image means in Hebrew:

tselem, tseh'-lem; from an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol:—image, vain shew.

Tselem means a phantom or shade but not like the real thing. This was genetic engineering of primitive hominids which changed their biology and gave them higher functioning brains. Verse 27 confirms this:

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Notice, it doesn't say likeness in this verse. It only says image. The Bible says you have to read every jot and tittle. I have read these verses thousands of times and I just realized that image and likeness were separated between man(image,hominids) and Adam(likeness).

Adam was made in the likeness of God. Adam became a living soul with the breathe of life. The word likeness in Hebrew means this:

dᵉmûwth, dem-ooth'; from H1819; resemblance; concretely, model, shape; adverbially, like:—fashion, like (-ness, as), manner, similitude.

Demuwth is a more concrete resemblence and it's more concrete because it's similar like a son. Like I said, Adam was a living soul that had the breathe of life.

We can see this again in the 1st verse of Chapter 5 in Genesis.

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Again, when talking about Adam, this verse says he was created in the likeness of God and it doesn't say image. Let's look at Chapter 6.

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Some say that the sons of God were Seth's line(likeness). So the sons of God(likeness) saw the daughters of men(image).

Look what Cain said when he was expelled from the Eden in Chapter 4.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Who was Cain worried about? The people who lived outside of Eden, people who were the (image).

This also lines up whith what we know about hominids. We seem to be finding different hominids and they expect the list to grow. Here's more from a Darwinist source:

In the 8 million years or so since the earliest ancestors of humans diverged from the apes, at least a dozen humanlike species, called hominids, have lived on Earth. And this list is getting longer. As scientists discover new fossils, the hominid family tree grows new branches.

www.pbs.org...

Because of genetic engineering, I think they will find more hominids.

Hominids also remained isolated from each other for thousands of years. This is how you get so many distinct lines of hominids. If you have 2 groups of hominids that remain isolated in their environments for thousands of years, evolution has time to make obvious changes to each group of hominid.

A group came out of Africa that were different. They wanted to explore the world. They began absorbing other hominids and some hominids died out. This just left us, modern humans. We traveled between each other in shorter and shorter amounts of time which doesn't give evolution time to make distinct changes between different groups like with earlier hominids.

This quickly led to modern civilization which also destroys a natural interpretation of evolution which I talked about in another thread.

Sumerians show why a natural interpretation of evolution is false
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Adam and Eve were the first human beings made in the likeness of God. They also lived in the Garden of Eden. They were not the first hominids that were a genetically engineered image of God. The Bible clearly separates image from likeness.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In verse 27 he only creates man in his own image not likeness. These were primitive hominids that evolved from what he created in verses 20-21.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Primitive hominids would be included in every living creature that moveth.

This debate has been going on for years. People have said Chapter's 1 and 2 of Genesis sounds like 2 accounts of Creation and that's because it is. It's when God created man(image,primitive hominid) and Adam(likeness,living soul).

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2021 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
God created "man" in "his/"our" image. Woman was created "for man", not in the image of God.

God brought all creation to Adam "to see what he would name them... But no helpmate was found for him".. "So God caused a deep sleep..because he should not be alone"... Women are not "in God's image", men are.
Adam was a direct creation of God. Woman/"Eve" was a creation from God "out of", Adam.

You're using scripture wrong, out of context and timeline.
Woman was taken and created, from "man" (rib) not in God's image.

The Title of the book explains itself! The Beginning, or Origin.

It's a singular beginning. It says what it means, and means what it says. There's a reason God put the two most questionable books at the beginning and the end.

If you can't believe "The Genesis" in its simple text? The whole "book" will be a problem for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22
Speaking of context and timeline...

In Genesis 1 the Elohim (Gods) made all things.

Day 1, The earth, the waters and sky, night and day.

Day 2, dry land, plants and vegetation.

Day 3, sun, moon, stars (that were supposed to be useful for signs(tokens))

Day 4. Living creatures, birds, great sea monsters, all things that move in the water and flew.

Day 5. Livestock, cattle, wild animals and everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.

Day 6. 1Gen 26... Let US (plural) make man in our image... so they made man and woman and gave them authority over everything that they made prior.

Day 7. Nappy time for them.

Now in Genesis 2....

Timeline is...

Nothing had sprouted yet, there was no rain yet...

Then the Lord God (singular) created man from the dust of the ground and breathed life into him.

THEN made Eden in the East and put the man there.

THEN put some nice plants there including the tree of knowledge.

Then told man to not eat of the tree.

THEN formed out of the ground every animal of the field and every bird of the air and had Adam name them.

THEN made Eve.

And then a serpent showed up that was craftier then any other thing that God had made and the rest is history.

Although it is odd that God cursed the serpent to crawl on the ground after that (on your belly you shall go)... did the original serpent walk or fly before?

Two separate timelines.

Two separate experiments.

Which is mirrored in the beliefs of not only ancient Persia, but also the Hopi.

Which is why as a Native American I never really worried about the concept of forgiveness of sin.

I wasn't part of the Original Sin, after all...

I'm from the first experiment.

ETA... S&F for the OP! I was merely giving the Reader's Digest version of the same thing as I learned it growing up.

edit on 28-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love the Bible translation program called E-Sword.

You can see what each word really means. The King's translators made some mistakes. I think the plural gods is Angelic host. Elohim. There is a lot going on in Genesis that you will miss unless you look closely
edit on 28-1-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Your words are wise.

I can see the truth within.

Thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: murphy22
Speaking of context and timeline...

In Genesis 1 the Elohim (Gods) made all things.

Day 1, The earth, the waters and sky, night and day.

Day 2, dry land, plants and vegetation.

Day 3, sun, moon, stars (that were supposed to be useful for signs(tokens))

Day 4. Living creatures, birds, great sea monsters, all things that move in the water and flew.

Day 5. Livestock, cattle, wild animals and everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.

Day 6. 1Gen 26... Let US (plural) make man in our image... so they made man and woman and gave them authority over everything that they made prior.

Day 7. Nappy time for them.

Now in Genesis 2....

Timeline is...

Nothing had sprouted yet, there was no rain yet...

Then the Lord God (singular) created man from the dust of the ground and breathed life into him.

THEN made Eden in the East and put the man there.

THEN put some nice plants there including the tree of knowledge.

Then told man to not eat of the tree.

THEN formed out of the ground every animal of the field and every bird of the air and had Adam name them.

THEN made Eve.

And then a serpent showed up that was craftier then any other thing that God had made and the rest is history.

Although it is odd that God cursed the serpent to crawl on the ground after that (on your belly you shall go)... did the original serpent walk or fly before?

Two separate timelines.

Two separate experiments.

Which is mirrored in the beliefs of not only ancient Persia, but also the Hopi.

Which is why as a Native American I never really worried about the concept of forgiveness of sin.

I wasn't part of the Original Sin, after all...

I'm from the first experiment.

ETA... S&F for the OP! I was merely giving the Reader's Digest version of the same thing as I learned it growing up.

You make it sound like god was mixing either a primordial soup or a really elegant mixed drink.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

There is certainly two separate creation stories for humanity in the bible.

The great ages of our evolution may well be represented, had not considered that before, sounds reasonable.

But I think it also relates to the cover-up of Adams first wife, Lilith.

Apple eater fell.

Never should have left her imo.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I believe God Created 3 times in the 1st verse of Genesis

Adding yet, one more version.
See how it works . . .
The MANY, fragments and mistranslations . . .
"Problematic assumptions used in scroll reconstruction
Conclude:
highly significant errors are “quite frequent.”
filling the holes in our history
If the fragmented, moldy, bits and pieces were so important to
God and actually Gods word, then why all the mistranslations and
missing pages, disrepair ?
Just as the Zohar was written by humans too
(in the 13th century btw)
Sumerians wrote the laws way earlier,
just as the Samaritans books and 'bible' were
written way earlier then plagiarized too.
Samaritans were the original jews btw,
not as the ones today.
Google
Samaritans, also the differences between the
Samaritan Bible and the
'bible' that is used in sunday school to day.

edit on 28/1/21 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
blah, blah, blah...

where is gods wife?

you have the father, son, and a nebulous other.

doesnt make sense.

why not a father, mother, and son?

seems someone is trying to get rid of a goddess.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thanks for the reply.

We all need forgiveness of sin. We're all born under Adam's line but Look what God did. First, he carried out surgery on Adam.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

This is an obvious description of surgery. You can watch any medical show or talk to any surgeon who in surgery, they first cause the patient to go into a deep sleep, they operate then close up the flesh. I believe God did this for our benefit. He didn't have to carry out surgery on Adam but he knew we would recognize the procedure.

So we're all born under Adam's sin but God gave us a way to be born again through his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is the woman's seed and the woman's seed is also mitochondrial DNA. This is why Christ was born of a virgin. Mitochondrial DNA is passed down through the woman. So Christ being born of a virgin meant he was the first born of a new creation.

When we accept forgiveness through Christ and receive the Holy Spirit, a seed is planted which will transform are fleshly bodies into spiritual bodies. We will be transformed.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

This is why Christ had to born of the woman's seed. He had to be born to a virgin and not under Adam because we all die being born under Adam's sin.
edit on 29-1-2021 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

The great ages of our evolution may well be represented, had not considered that before, sounds reasonable.

Apple eater fell.

Agreed.

But what's done is done.

Maybe their love story isn't over yet?

If that's the case,

I can't wait for the end!

And yet, the show must go on!

^_^

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a very interesting topic for me.
For a very long time now I have studied and the two "Stories" of Creation have always made sense to me.
It also falls more inline with what science tells us about early man and neanderthal.
Let me explain (quickly because I am on break):
1. Genesis 1- Tells us that God created mEn and womEn, told THEM to go forth, multiply and replenish the earth.
2- Genesis 2- God creates Adam, creates a garden and places Adam in the garden. He does not have a "helpmeet", this lets us know that he is separated from the rest of Creation. God creates Eve using a rib from Adam.
3- They do the one thing God forbade them to do, got kicked out of the Garden and then they cohabitated with the earlier created man (Neanderthal?).
4- Adam and Eve have children, Cain kills Abel, then complains to God that "others" will want to kill him for his crime. God marks Cain and he is exiled, yet he metts a woman, marries and builds the first city. This tells us that other people had to be on earth.
5- later in Genesis it tells us that the Sons of God looked upon the daughters of men, found them to be beautiful and took them for wives.
My thoughts are that the Sons of God were of the true bloodline of Adam.
The daughters of men were of mixed blood or full blood neanderthals.

Sorry for the thrown together post. In a hurry and working strictly off of memory.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If people are going to try comprehend Genesis literally then you have to get around made in Gods image. Which would dictate that God like Adam, needs oxygen to breath, which obviously wouldn't have been around before creation. God like adam would have limited lifespan; God like Adam needs Warmth, food etc etc etc.

Worse still, if Adam is corruptible, you are saying that God is corruptible!

Masculine in the past stood for spirituality whereas feminine the corporeal (mother earth etc). So Adam made in Gods image doesn't mean God is a man in sky. It means that Adam (male=spirituality) is pure spirit. That Gods spirit exists in all humans (aka soul). Whereas Eve (feminine=corporeal ), our physical body, is made from within creation itself. That returns to dust from which it was made when we die. Knowing that we can therefor deduce that the serpent that only talked to eve must exist in the physical plane. Its likely to be our ego-brain that continually lusts after sensational bliss. The tree represents our spinal nervous system with the fruits our sensations.

Genesis is known by the differenting styles to have been written by at least three authors.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Again, when talking about Adam, this verse says he was created in the likeness of God and it doesn't say image. Let's look at Chapter 6.

Genesis is very interesting if you read other literature connected to Moses’ book.

First thing to bring your mind to is that the void that the Spirit brought forth from his own existence was the very first creation and there was no other physicality except this void with boundaries set about it. Today we call it heaven but in reality it was not a heaven as yet. The first act of the Spirit was to bring forth a image and likeness of Himself. He chose His image and gave it physicality with His likeness [spirit, life]. But He gave this entity the ability to create in the physicality of which He brought forth. This image or entity became the “Word of God” in this first creation. All of which is created in this realm was created by “The Word Of God”.

Moses gathered records and traditions from the Sumerian Hebrews and sorted them as best as he could. In this book we call Torah was the first of Sumerian Hebrew accepted religion and it contains their traditions from their tribal records. There is not only one source for Torah but Torah consists of many sources which do overlap traditions and some do vary slightly from others. But within this structure the basic traditions and recorded histories of the Hebrews were kept very closely accurate to each other.

As the Spirit God brought forth another void set with boundaries, the Word then created all physicality within this boundary. This void became known to us as our universe and as the plan was brought to its end on the sixth day the Spirit God and His Word decided to form a man in the image of the Word and the likeness [life spirit] of the Spirit God. Now up to this point both realms of creation were separated and remain so today. We call the first realm heaven and this realm our universe.

God said let us make man and it was the Word who God was addressing. The Father God has two portions in our understanding. He is Spirit and His word is His physical image. His Word created all that is in both realms of physicality but the Father is the giver of His portion of life and this is called His Likeness. Adam was formed from the physical substance of this world and he lay upon the ground as a dead soul. The Spirit God then gave him a portion of His likeness [spirit, life] and Adam became a living soul.

Here is where most have not been taught and has been taught by Ezra the scribe. Adam was formed with perfection of both body and spirit whereas man today is not. Adam was a light bearing creature not of what we are today. He ate from the garden’s tree of life and ingested all that was eaten from the garden. There was no defecation of the body. His entire physical existence was perfect. Some will ask, how can this be if he was taken from the earth? The earth was not cursed at this time and while the earth remained perfect all life forms remained perfect.

Did Adam have blood and a circulatory body such as we have today? No He did not. He was made in the image of the Word and the Likeness of the Spirit God and if this be true then he could not have had the same circulatory system as pro created man because Blood is a creation and not an eternal substance. God is Spirit and His Word is begotten from God and this being true then this creation today cannot be as Adam was before the curse of earth. Now this is not to say that man was not made in the image of God because Adam most certainly was formed in the image of his Creator but after this and after the earth was cursed it no longer applies because this universe and all in this universe is cursed with corrupted procreation. Only one man was formed in the image and likeness of God and that man was Adam.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would suggest reading The Other Bible. I've read quite a bit of it, particularly some of the Creation texts. You'll find these were not selected for the Bible, because they're quite controversial and too.... "Gnostic"

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wonder if tselem ", a representative figure", is more like an archetype. The original blueprint and the laws that perpetuate the impending matters

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

originally posted by: primalfractal

Apple eater fell.

Agreed.

But what's done is done.

Maybe their love story isn't over yet?

If that's the case,

I can't wait for the end!

And yet, the show must go on!

^_^

Yes!

Their story is not over

The end is also the beginning

youtu.be...

🌞

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
I wonder if tselem ", a representative figure", is more like an archetype. The original blueprint and the laws that perpetuate the impending matters

Good point.

I think it's obvious that image and likeness are different. Tselem is like a phantom, shade or idol. Something that looks like the real thing as far as a higher consciousness goes but doesn't have the essence of the real thing like likeness which is the breathe of life. Adam was made a living soul.

The Bible separates image and likeness and associates likeness with Adam.

I also know some of my posts may seem different but the things I say are not for believers. Believers have faith in God whether it's 1 creation account or 2. That's a beautiful thing.

I believe this is being revealed for those who have bought the lie of a natural interpretation of evolution and allowed that lie to separate them from God. So if this appeals to their minds, their hearts may follow and they will open their hearts to the love of God through his Son Jesus Christ.

God carried out a surgery on Adam. He didn't have to do that, but that was for the benefit for people in these last days. I believe soon the name of blasphemy will be revealed before Christ returns. God doesn't want anyone to choose to take this name of blasphemy, which will be incorporated in the mark of the beast and then you will be thrown into the lake of fire with the beast and the false prophet.

So the things I say isn't to try and change the beliefs of those who believe. It's for those who accept the lie of a natural interpretation of evolution and hopefully opening their minds to the Wisdom and Knowledge of the Word of God will also open up their hearts to accept Gods love and receive the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It is true that the bible isnt an illustration but a collection of illustrations. I do recall that the garden of eden story might of been separate from Genesis since Lilth, Azrael, an Samael a mount apparently.

I've thought of Abel an Cain story leaning to a separation of sort, kind of like Chimps an Bonobos. Sons of God could of been about early sightings of homo sapiens, and not "Whatever".

Would hominids still call themselves men?
edit on 29-1-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join