It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EO regarding gender identity jeopardizes female sports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If you have a daughter competing in school sports, she will be competing with males who identify as females. Case closed.

If you have a daughter competing in school sports, she will be sharing locker rooms and restrooms with males with severe mental problems.

Worse, they've now allowed any male to access your daughter's locker room and restroom simply by telling staff they identify as female.

Competing against males on the court/track/field is the least of it.
edit on 21-1-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: ketsuko

I don't doubt what you say in the first paragraph of your post. What I doubt is the ratio of which you think this would happen, you think all of the sudden a bunch of dudes are going to be signing up for women's sports and that's just not going to happen.

It has happened...

There have been multiple lawsuits which is why it is even an issue.

Imagine if you had a daughter who was legitimately the fastest girl in her state in say track and field. Yet, she loses the state championship to a guy wearing a wig. There are scholarships and other compensation at stake. It isn't just plastic trophies.

I'm very familiar with sports. I was a former athlete and youth coach now. I have never had a parent come to me and mention this in any type of concern. I'm tracking that it has happened and I remember some lawsuits about it but here we are still with female athletes dominating women's sports and nothing is going to change that.

You must not follow women's track & field. Maybe that's not a sport to you.

I love track and field but do not follow it closely. I do remember the Caster Semenya story.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Just by living as a male, a transgender male to female has been doping. Just because mother nature did it for them doesn't change that fact that for any regular girl to have those amounts and types of hormones in her body regularly for her life would get her barred from competition for performance enhancing drugs.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

LOL! That reminded me of that old movie, "Soul Man", where the guy pretends to be black in order to get a scholarship because they were only being given to African-Americans.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I don't doubt what you say in the first paragraph of your post. What I doubt is the ratio of which you think this would happen, you think all of the sudden a bunch of dudes are going to be signing up for women's sports and that's just not going to happen.

It has happened...

There have been multiple lawsuits which is why it is even an issue.

Imagine if you had a daughter who was legitimately the fastest girl in her state in say track and field. Yet, she loses the state championship to a guy wearing a wig. There are scholarships and other compensation at stake. It isn't just plastic trophies.

I'm very familiar with sports. I was a former athlete and youth coach now. I have never had a parent come to me and mention this in any type of concern. I'm tracking that it has happened and I remember some lawsuits about it but here we are still with female athletes dominating women's sports and nothing is going to change that.

You must not follow women's track & field. Maybe that's not a sport to you.

I love track and field but do not follow it closely. I do remember the Caster Semenya story.

And a transperson is not Caster Semenya. Stop hiding behind people who have verifiable natural differences in hormonal levels for reasons other than suddenly feeling like a woman.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

You mean to tell me that if an athlete get the 2nd/3rd/4th spot on a STATE meet they wont have college scholarship opportunities?

You’re clearly missing the point amigo

I'm not missing the point, again, if I'm following all the post correctly they are trending this way:
1. Boys should not compete against girls because is unfair

I disagree with the idea that a bunch of parents now will be signing up their kids to girls sports for scholarships and money. That transgender kid that wants to play a sport in the gender he/she identify him/herself with I do not have an issue with nor I do not believe it will be the END of female sports.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That transgender kid that wants to play a sport in the gender he/she identify him/herself with I do not have an issue with nor I do not believe it will be the END of female sports.

It may not be the "end" of female sports, but it will be the end for those particular girls that have to compete against a transgender male-to-female.

link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Gender fluid can play both male and female sports.

This should get interesting.

Hunger Games in the making to find champions to feed their clans.

link   

One of Biden's first Executive Orders appears non-discriminatory on the surface. Who wouldn't read it and think it's a good thing to treat all people with dignity and respect. But, a closer evaluation closes the door on any discussion regarding transgender male-to-female participation in girl's competitive sports.

Section 1. Policy. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

www.whitehouse.gov... entity-or-sexual-orientation/

If you have a daughter competing in school sports, she will be competing with males who identify as females. Case closed.

This is the same recycled "World Ending" thought process that happens in some corners of the right. It happened during legalizing marijuana debate and here we are many years later where almost all state have some type of law from decriminalized to medical access and the sky hasn't fallen. Same thing with LGBT in the military, same thing with gay marriage, same thing with blacks in the military. All had "World Ending" type narratives attached to it by some on the right and yet we still are here and the world has not come to end.

Completely different.

The premise of many competitive sports, which as already mentioned include huge financial opportunities for the winners, is the physical skill of the athlete as compared to other competitors of the same biological sex.

None of your examples are analogous to that. Nothing prevents these male-to-female transgendered athletes from competing in male sports.

What is happening here, is the notion that sports don't need to be segregated at all. In other words, no more female competitions for anything.

Then stop monetizing competitive sports and pay them to do something useful when they aren't kicking a ball or whatever.

This actually brings up a separate issue not related to gender identity but concerning the practice of paying athletes up to $25 million a year. That's just one salary, not even a whole team. Gender politics aside that is a disgusting wage to pay someone for kicking a ball while teachers, doctors, and law enforcement get peanuts for providing essential service to our nation.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I mentioned her because I believe some poster was talking about the testosterone levels or made a vague reference about this issue already turning upside down the track and field world.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

She was a biological female with unusually high testosterone. She was not transgendered.

Look at the last NCAA champion CeCé Telfer or the Connecticut lawsuit examples of male-to-female athletes taking top positions. There are other examples too.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That transgender kid that wants to play a sport in the gender he/she identify him/herself with I do not have an issue with nor I do not believe it will be the END of female sports.

It may not be the "end" of female sports, but it will be the end for those particular girls that have to compete against a transgender male-to-female.

This will not happen in any significant numbers at the youth or college level. Time will tell I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That wouldn’t have gone over well when I was in high school, I would have identified as a chimpanzee if I got to wrestle with the girls team.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL

War On Women.

Girls, sorry.... by law we will have to give your scholarship to the dude who claims he is a girl. Pretty good scam for the guys.

Can't wait to see the women's team picture.

www.unigo.com...

An athletic scholarship is a kind of merit award for students who excel at their sport. In 2018 to 2019, U.S. colleges with varsity athletic programs awarded almost $4.1 billion in athletic scholarships.

The aim of athletic scholarships is to offset the costs of a college degree. They also help schools recruit talent for their sports teams.

edit on 21-1-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson

Most retarded statement i have read lately.. and that says alot.

When i used to practice handball and when I was 12-13 year old we used to play practice matches with the championship level girls team (18+)

Not once did they to beat us.

The reason they play'd with us?

They wouldn't stand a chance against any team older than us.. their coach thought them getting destroy'd wasnt beneficial in anyway. It wasnt even a competition.

And our national womans team in that sport used to be ranked pretty high.

Most retarded...wow...does it come with a prize?

I have been practicing Judo since I was 5...pretty physical sport. You'd think that the difference between boys and girls would be pretty significant in a martial arts fighting sport, right?

Not!!

Practice was always male/female combined and I have had my ass kicked many times by a girl.

You see, it is isn't always about the physical advantage but more the mastering of the technique that defines the difference.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You don't get it. It's not about the numbers. It is about the individual female faced with it. If you were that one individual female, it's a damn big deal, especially where scholarships and potential offers are concerned. Sheeesh!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

It don't work that way in basketball or football jack.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thank you for your own personal anecdote on why the OP isn’t a thing.

Judo is cool. It’s not all sports....

And your assessment of your own example is asinine at best

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam
a reply to: infolurker

Top post previous page...

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: slatesteam