It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EO regarding gender identity jeopardizes female sports

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Is that why a high school boy's soccer team beat a pro women's team?

Understand, I'm a woman, and I was a high functioning athlete in my day. You don't make it into Div I athletics if you aren't. I competed in the heptathlon which isn't for sissies, but that doesn't mean I could compete against the guys. Men are physically stronger and more powerful than the women.

Sure, if I went out and pulled average Joe couch potato off the street, I could likely beat him because I'm in decent physical shape, but give him time to whip his butt into shape and the complexion of things changes.

Women may be able to take pain better, but that doesn't give us the muscle and bone mass of a man.

If it's worth anything, I think it's bs as well.

Real athletes will insist on a level playing field for their victory to mean anything.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't doubt what you say in the first paragraph of your post. What I doubt is the ratio of which you think this would happen, you think all of the sudden a bunch of dudes are going to be signing up for women's sports and that's just not going to happen.

It has happened...

There have been multiple lawsuits which is why it is even an issue.

Imagine if you had a daughter who was legitimately the fastest girl in her state in say track and field. Yet, she loses the state championship to a guy wearing a wig. There are scholarships and other compensation at stake. It isn't just plastic trophies.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

It doesn't take a bunch to skew the field.

There were 2 in Connecticut. But when you get to the level of the state competitions, coaches are scanning the top spots for scouting. And when you have 2 boys, and they can compete in up to 4 events at a track meet ... that's the potential of 2 competitors wiping out the top spots in 4 events or 8 places for girls to showcase themselves.

And, of course, now that these 'girls' can go on and repeat this in college, those are scholarship ops girls are potentially losing. That's a lot of money. It's how I got through college -- on the talent in my body as a hurdler/high jumper which carried me into college.

You can have a top athlete taking up four spots. I took up three events myself and anchored a top relay for the 4th.

So it doesn't take many boys to become disruptive to all the girls in the state.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The difference between those issues and this issue is that there are actual federal laws that come into play and conflict with this EO. Title IX is the only reason most women's sports exist, especially at the collegiate level. Women's sports do not pay for themselves like men's basketball, baseball, and football do. Prior to Title IX, there were very few women's sports at the collegiate level. Football was king and men's basketball was the prince. The revenue those programs generated was largely used to support less profitable men's sports like wrestling, track and field, and such. Some universities had women's track and field, but most women's sports were intramural and not financially supported by the universities at all.

This EO, when combined with Title IX, will lead to the pushing out of actual females in college sports. You'll have the men's sports supporting the transexual sports at most universities and the real women who are biologically at a disadvantage in sports that focus on strength, speed, and endurance will find themselves pushed back to the 1950s/1960s when they were on the outside looking in.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's not about the ratio of dudes (as you put it) to females. Even a few hundred or a few dozen isn't fair to those particular girls and women who have to compete against them.

Just think if you had a daughter who had trained and worked so hard to get to that upper level of a sport, and along comes a transgender male-to-female and knocks her out of the running. Is that really fair?

edit on 21-1-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I don't doubt what you say in the first paragraph of your post. What I doubt is the ratio of which you think this would happen, you think all of the sudden a bunch of dudes are going to be signing up for women's sports and that's just not going to happen.

It has happened...

Imagine if you had a daughter who was legitimately the fastest girl in her state in say track and field. Yet, she loses the state championship to a guy wearing a wig. There are scholarships and other compensation at stake. It isn't just plastic trophies.

I'm very familiar with sports. I was a former athlete and youth coach now. I have never had a parent come to me and mention this in any type of concern. I'm tracking that it has happened and I remember some lawsuits about it but here we are still with female athletes dominating women's sports and nothing is going to change that.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I smell a lawsuit. Maybe class-action. Bigly

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I am divided on this new development, it may not be fair for sports in many ways men and women are not the same make over even if they change sex, is somethings that can not change with a snip of body parts.

link   

Nothing is going to change that?? Really?? Maybe not on the larger scale, but for those few girls competing against the ones that do happen to enter their orbit, it means a helluva lot!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You mean to tell me that if an athlete get the 2nd/3rd/4th spot on a STATE meet they wont have college scholarship opportunities?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You mean to tell me that if an athlete get the 2nd/3rd/4th spot on a STATE meet they wont have college scholarship opportunities?

You’re clearly missing the point amigo

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Again, it doesn't take a lot. It only takes 1 or 2.

And just because you haven't had a parent say anything is likely because it hasn't come up. Just wait until you run into a situation where your girls are asked to try to out muscle a 'girl' who just ... isn't. I wouldn't want my daughter, if I had one, trying to box out a guy in basketball for example. After a certain age, the physical differences are just too apparent.

There is a small window where the kids are roughly equal and then the girls pull a bit ahead because they start to mature first, but then puberty hits and the boys are off to the races.

link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Wait....why is it only males who identify as females?

Last time I checked soccer is nr.5 popular school sport in the US and US women soccer are a hell of lot better/tougher than the men.

Peace

Most retarded statement i have read lately.. and that says alot.

When i used to practice handball and when I was 12-13 year old we used to play practice matches with the championship level girls team (18+)

Not once did they to beat us.

The reason they play'd with us?

They wouldn't stand a chance against any team older than us.. their coach thought them getting destroy'd wasnt beneficial in anyway. It wasnt even a competition.

And our national womans team in that sport used to be ranked pretty high.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The difference between those issues and this issue is that there are actual federal laws that come into play and conflict with this EO. Title IX is the only reason most women's sports exist, especially at the collegiate level. Women's sports do not pay for themselves like men's basketball, baseball, and football do. Prior to Title IX, there were very few women's sports at the collegiate level. Football was king and men's basketball was the prince. The revenue those programs generated was largely used to support less profitable men's sports like wrestling, track and field, and such. Some universities had women's track and field, but most women's sports were intramural and not financially supported by the universities at all.

This EO, when combined with Title IX, will lead to the pushing out of actual females in college sports. You'll have the men's sports supporting the transexual sports at most universities and the real women who are biologically at a disadvantage in sports that focus on strength, speed, and endurance will find themselves pushed back to the 1950s/1960s when they were on the outside looking in.

This is "World Ending" though process that I was referring to on my first post of this thread.

link   

Not the best ones. In order to get the best spots, you have to dominate. You can't dominate boys.
edit on 21-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It has happened...

I'm very familiar with sports. I was a former athlete and youth coach now. I have never had a parent come to me and mention this in any type of concern. I'm tracking that it has happened and I remember some lawsuits about it but here we are still with female athletes dominating women's sports and nothing is going to change that.

You must not follow women's track & field. Maybe that's not a sport to you.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe a new category call it gonad free. Should limit more than a few. They want 237 sexes you have to start somewhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

My son who is a top level male high school swimmer just told me he is becoming a transgender homosexual female. Not only will he be able to watch the girls get dressed and undressed, he will have every woman's record (already has all the male records before he "came out", LOL) and get a full ride to a Div 1 college. SWEET!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It's not about the ratio of dudes (as you put it) to females. Even a few hundred or a few dozen isn't fair to those particular girls and women who have to compete against them.

Just think if you had a daughter who had trained and worked so hard to get to that upper level of a sport, and along comes a transgender male-to-female and knocks her out of the running. Is that really fair?

If all the laws and regulations that governs such sports are followed then is fair to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As if female sports could get any worse, now it’s just gonna be fellas in dresses slam dunking on women and scoring 300 points a game.

And if you say it’s unfair your just a bigot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join