It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AAAaaaaggghh...it ITCHES!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd say ice it and see if that numbs it some.

Otherwise, I get it. chiggers drive me nuts with itching, and I've gone so mad I've actually taken red hot needles to them.

Note: I do not recommend you try that.

Mostly, I try to ignore the itch when I can. You only have a bit more than 24 to go.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Injury. Two actually.

One, I tried to leap over a corral panel, caught my foot and landed on my arm/shoulder. Two, the straw which broke the camels back was the dumbest injury ever. I was pulling on a weed whacker ripcord to start it and...POP!! **went right to my knees!!**

edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lol. I thought I'm clicking on a good a rant about the commies stealing your country and world's fkn wheel. I'm starting to feel the same sensation without having stiches. It's gonna be insanely hard not to scratch that place. Next to impossible

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's not so dumb and uncommon. Last month I partially pulled my arm outta socket while pulling copper cables outtta car. When the muscles are too relaxed because of the shoulders always too far in the front - the position of weakness and depression, then it happens.
Let's make it hard, not very flexible. Under tension. Hard as rock. With the chest heading up

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: CharlesT

Injury. Two actually.

One, I tried to leap over a corral panel, caught my foot and landed on my arm/shoulder. Two, the straw which broke the camels back was the dumbest injury ever. I was pulling on a weed whacker ripcord to start it and...POP!! **went right to my knees!!**

Image this scene. My best friend and I were 14 years old. We were in our adorable tennis outfits playing tennis, trying to impress some guys. My friend decided she was going to show off. She starts running toward the tennis net... you know where this is going. She runs, she jumps and her foot catches the net. SPLAT.........! Luckily only her ego was bruised. Yet here I am many decades later and still cracking up as if it were yesterday. I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. The guys were laughing too. Your story about leaping over the corral totally reminded me of that. Thanks!! Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I found the staples to be more convenient. The last five or so I was allowed to remove myself, was oddly satisfying. It didn't even hurt or had the ugly feeling of being a shoe that is tied.

The staples ones left a small ridge though. Were they too lazy to stitch or is there a benefit to staples? Anyone knows?

Add: looked it up, staples is faster and reduces inflammation when big wounds are closes on leg, abdomen and arms. Stiches are for delicate places like face hand and feet.

edit on 17.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've had two surgeries with stitches/staples, and I've never had them itch. I must be lucky there. But I've also never had large wounds closed with them. Maybe the neck surgery had the most.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Mine was probably equally funny to watch. Had a wild assed steer who decided he wasn't going to go where I wanted him to go, and decided to spin around and run me over in the corral instead. I got about two steps and jumped as high as I could onto the corral panel with the intention of going over it. Right about the same time the steer rammed the corral panel like a locomotive at full speed...sending me flying. My boot caught the top of the panel and down I went. I landed on my partially outstretched hand and shoulder.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Bigburgh

Just saw your Butt Buddy post. Don't know if I want cold water spraying up on my pucker cord or not.

Not gonna lie... it was a sting pricking tormenting stingy twinge torture throbbing burning smarted affliction.

But ethereal on any other giving Sunday. πŸ‘πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's funny..it's the "butt" things people all REALLY wanna' know about, more than anything else!

People are weird! They want to know the most personal and humiliating details first. It's like the 1st question. Not 'how are you doing?' or anything like that. Perfect strangers will say..."Nice to meet you! Too bad about the shoulder. So,...uhhhh...how do you wipe your butt???"

**SMFH!!**

I get them back for their intrusive question though. I just answer them...loudly. "GEE, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED THAT, BILL! I WIPE MY BUTT WITH A STICK!!! A STICK...OKAY, BILL? REALLY GOOD QUESTION, BILL!! ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW, BILL?"

LOL!!!
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
and @ FCD

Itching can come from two things, a rash on the skin from the sanitizers / Iodine or healing. When it's healing, it's the deep, slightly painful itching, it's when little nerve endings heal and the feeling comes back. That's what the Docs said.

It can be frustrating, I know. Half of my right side was stapled together, from tight to the first rips and a curve to the back after a car accident. The nights were awful, could have jumped out of my skin and ran up the walls. It's necessary for the body to heal, though, and a good sign, if it's not a rash but coming from deep.

Embrace it, then it helps. If you are allowed to shower, try changing hot-cold-hot shower runs but do so slowly and without pressure. It helped me a lot it's like scratching, very satisfying. Ask your doc first or someone medical experience if you can do this, I was in hospital under medical surveilance, you're probably not. Bacteria and such and the type of yarn they used.

edit on 17.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It's funny..it's the "butt" things people all REALLY wanna' know about, more than anything else!

People are weird! They want to know the most personal and humiliating details first. It's like the 1st question. Not 'how are you doing?' or anything like that. Perfect strangers will say..."Nice to meet you! Too bad about the shoulder. So,...uhhhh...how do you wipe your butt???"

**SMFH!!**

I get them back for their intrusive question though. I just answer them...loudly. "GEE, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED THAT, BILL! I WIPE MY BUTT WITH A STICK!!! A STICK...OKAY, BILL? REALLY GOOD QUESTION, BILL!! ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW, BILL?"

LOL!!!
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

LMAO (BUTT).. Yes Sir FCD, to be perfectly honest. For 2 weeks (and an E.R. visit last Saturday), (BTW Hope for a speedy non itchy ( hehe itchy is 1 in Japanese I believe) recovery. So yeah my back problems are back and I have to see "The Surgeon". Been exponentially hard to wipe my 6 too. Can't lean or twist.... butt I get the job done.

You on the "other hand" πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ joke about being one handed for others reading. You're out there on the range in dire need of two functioning Arms and grippy appendages. so for that reason other than I most appreciate all of your amazing threads/post, hope the itching stops. The tingling crawling rawness scabbiness prickle tingle must end. You shouldn't have those stitches much longer.

Get Well Soon. I mean fast!

edit on 17-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

...Arms and grippy appendages....

Must...resist..........

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

...Arms and grippy appendages....

Must...resist..........

TruthπŸ˜†

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It is a sign that healing is happening. Be grateful and try Benedril (if your MD approves).

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Took a shower. Hot water felt fabulous!!

No more itching so far.

Yes, I know the itching means it's healing...still doesn't make it itch any less though.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

If I noticed an itch that bugged me, it was nothing compared to the itching I've gotten from other things.

Winter dry skin patches, chiggers, UGH!

I have a raw patch on my shin below my knee right now from dry skin. I scratched it that way overnight.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Glad it helped

I stepped into a fallen off nest from the Thaumetopoea processionea -so called "Eichenprozessionsspinner"- last summer. Had sandals and shorts on. First it felt like electric, similar to when a TENS device electrode is not attached correct, like little electric needles. I thought it was nettles.

A few hours later, bad rash formed and little lesions that started to bleed but not like running down bleeding, just so it would build a crust later. Didn't scratch it, I went outside and grabbed some buckhorn leaves, blended them and put it on the skin. It's like a green foamy substance, the saponine inside the leaves makes the foam. It was better, but it took weeks to heal.

Buckhorn is helping against rashes, mosquito bites and as a cold tea, against throat inflammation, vapor from a strong tea can be inhaled it helps against lung infections. It's a natural antibiotics, but only if not cooked, important.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
UPDATE - Got the stitches out today! YAY, YAY...YAAAY!!!

Nurse who took them out was being all gentle at first and apologizing. I told her to be even more aggressive...it felt great!

ETA - Now I can remove the sling too (for a while each day)...and I can finally type!! Again...YAY!!!
edit on 1/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join