It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AAAaaaaggghh...it ITCHES!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The stitches...they ITCH!!! OMG do they ITCH!!

I'm about ready to crawl out of my skin they itch so bad!!

Making me CRAZY!! Eight incisions, each with 3 - 8 stitches, covering my right shoulder! It's like a colony of mosquitos biting me...AND...I...CAN'T...SCRATCH...THEM!!!

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!!
edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I've had over 20 surgeries due to a coal mining accident. Stitches and staples.
Get a dry washcloth, kinda wad it up and rub with that. It works.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
aspirin wash. soothes a mosquito bite. might help?

damn I never want a slew of stitches again, I know your pain....

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oh man! "coal mining" and "accident" in the same paragraph, let alone same sentence, sends chills down my spine!!

I've been down in some of those mines in my life and those places are just an accident waiting to happen! Tight quarters, heavy equipment, low visibility...what could possibly go wrong???

ETA -Every accident I've ever heard of in a coal mine was either fatal or damn near it. Used to do some work in the Trona mines up in Wy, and that was bad enough. We had one job on a Coal mine and that was off the charts skeery!! At least down in the Trona mines you had high ceilings and good lighting. Still dangerous as hell though, and freaking HOT to boot!

edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ice is one safe thing to try, might help numb it a little? Sound like a tough spot if you cannot reach it.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I can reach it, but it's under bandages.

Stiches are supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon...if I can last that long!!

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Making me CRAZY!! Eight incisions, each with 3 - 8 stitches, covering my right shoulder! It's like a colony of mosquitos biting me...AND...I...CAN'T...SCRATCH...THEM!!!

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Bourbon administered orally as needed.

That itch is just the DTs talking.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Voice of reason, do NOT scratch them, I know how bad it feel's and that burning itch that you just can't scratch which drives you literally insane but here is why you should not scratch them.

Infection, opening the wound back up can lead to severe infection as well as making it even itchier.

Itching though is a good sign, the nerves are working and the tissue is healing.

But that said if you still want to take the risk, Nylon Wire ties, the long kind get right under plaster when you have a broken bone or for wound's like yours.

Even the writing has an accent on this one but some good advice.
woundcaresociety.org...

Get well and think of other thing's the more you dwell on it the itchier it becomes and the more you think about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Stiches are supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon...if I can last that long!!

Sounds like it is getting close to come out. Usually a pretty simple procedure if you have a sharp razor, nail clippers can also work for a good clean cut of the stitches. If something goes wrong can always get the doctor to check it out tomorrow. Might leak a little.

If you don't feel confident and sure about it, perhaps wait until tomorrow. Just an option if you think the stitches are the problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I like you.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I feel ya pain, I've had major surgery around my shoulder blade and through my ribs, couldn't move because of tubes and air for a fair few days. If the stiches are coming out tomorrow, grin and bear it, just one more day my friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Claustrophobia anyone. Dave, 20 surgeries wow. Really sorry to hear that. I've had 8 reconstructive surgeries on my back with 2 necks from my job, might need another here ( MRI this week )... but you! Man I'm sorry.

Edit: Alway do as the Doctor has instructed
FCD, I'm not sure what to say. Didn't they give you Neosporin with lidocaine? Or say cortizone-10 intensive healing formula? Any topical lidocaine creams should do. Just don't cover the wound site, keep it exposed to air as it heals unless told otherwise by your doctor. For clarity i mean, put the lotion on the skin, but don't cover with a bandage again. Just Neosporin with lidocaine topical.

FlyingClayDisk if it makes you feel better..... let's just pretend yeah that's it. Ummmmm I had a Colo Recto surgery 2 days before Christmas. Not a normal Hemi Roid or pulp removal... Recto Myo Ectomy.. partial muscle removal. Yep back there at the end. So I'm trying to put up with less crap now.
For quite some time it was yeah you guessed it! Like 50 Murder Hornets pouncing and stinging. The Audible Expulsion of GAS!!!! was this years worse nightmare! Like an angry Pissed off duck Trumpet from my 6 O'clock and a screaching cat sound from my mouth...Covid Blovid! Felt like Game Of Thrones BUTT with extra Violence.

Go get topical lidocaine, even sunburn lotions...

Just let the incision site breath unless told otherwise 🤗

edit on 17-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Bourbon administered orally as needed.

That itch is just the DTs talking.

Liquid Analgesic's

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Get some Aloe Vera-an actual plant if you can(or a pot of the slime).
Cut a branch off,squeeze the slime out and apply.

You can use as often as needed,no chance of OD

Works well for burns,itches,insect bites-and doesn't smell bad or contain nasty chems.

Im not sure how well it would do under bandages-chances are you would have to change the bandages daily but maybe you do that anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I feel your pain shattered my elbow once the only thing that helped me was a zip tie. Slide it under the bandages and feel the oooohhhhhh aaaaaawwwww. Good luck

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That's funny. LOL

I never did hear why you had surgery. Was it wear and tear old age or an accidental injury?
edit on 17-1-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

That's funny. LOL

I never did hear why you had surgery. Was it wear and tear old age or an accidental injury?

Edit: here's the correct thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "good news", you say? Okay....There IS NO good news!!!! Well, there are no broken bones. **shrug** I guess that's good.

The "bad news"...my right shoulder is destroyed. Plain and simple. Three of the four tendons in the shoulder are torn, one of them completely severed. My bicep is in the wrong place, and my whole shoulder is just completely cratered. Total Rotator Cuff destruction, completely destroyed.

Scheduled for reconstructive surgery in early January. "Can I wipe my butt with my right hand???"...NOPE! Better learn to be left...

Think it was normal wear and tear. And bailing hay..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Just saw your Butt Buddy post. Don't know if I want cold water spraying up on my pucker cord or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Oh man! "coal mining" and "accident" in the same paragraph, let alone same sentence, sends chills down my spine!!

I've been down in some of those mines in my life and those places are just an accident waiting to happen! Tight quarters, heavy equipment, low visibility...what could possibly go wrong???

ETA -Every accident I've ever heard of in a coal mine was either fatal or damn near it. Used to do some work in the Trona mines up in Wy, and that was bad enough. We had one job on a Coal mine and that was off the charts skeery!! At least down in the Trona mines you had high ceilings and good lighting. Still dangerous as hell though, and freaking HOT to boot!

Luckily, mine was the "damn near" variety. [obviously]
I was in a roof fall that buried me and the piece of equipment I was running [ a roof bolter ] They told me it took about 45 minutes to get me out, but for me, time stopped. I never blacked out and I remember everything quite vividly, but time just seemed to stretch forever.
2 years in the hospital and 20+ surgeries to get put back together and you know what I did when I got out ?
Went back to work in the coal mines.
* shrug* What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I had a really good cosmetic surgeon. You have to look very close to see the scars on my face. From the neck down, the rest of me looks like Frankenstein's monster from all the surgical scars.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Men.... lol. Our nerve density is higher than yours, we experience pain a lot of intenser yet you men can be such cry-out's.

But then, men have a much stronger emotional control so it kind of evens out.

Get well soon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join