It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Handed is NO fun!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Boy, I'll tell ya', learning to be left handed is absolutely NO fun at all!! Frankly, it SUCKS!!

I swear, every single day I run into something I have to figure out how to do a different way. I guess I'm glad I started this early, before my surgery, and I'm glad I've watched so many videos about others experiences. I had no idea! You literally canNOT use your right arm...PERIOD!!

Not to be gross, but the wiping your butt is a big deal for me, because I cannot even fathom having someone do it for me...right? Just being honest and real. So I figured that one out early, and I'm good there. But there are so many other things I never thought of. For example, after a couple weeks you can shower, but there's a couple places you can't get to (no, not your butt! You can get to that). You can't get to your left armpit or the outside of your left arm. Suddenly you realize, if this is the only arm you can use, now you suddenly have no way to clean it (because you can't use your right arm).

Another thing was, simple stuff like shampoo. Unless you have a pump bottle, you ain't washin' your hair! Same with soap; you need a pump bottle of body wash and one of those girly poofy things to wash with. Toweling off one handed is also interesting, especially your back; you have to back up against a wall and rub your back on the towel you throw over your shoulder.

I won't even go into how to put on a shirt because this would be a very long post, but suffice to say it is involved, and it takes time. And socks are a whole other matter! Baby wipes will be my friend. LOL! I went to find some the other day and found some which said they were "Tea Tree and Cucumber" scented. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! I'm thinking just how much I'd love to have my junk smelling like CUCUMBERS!! LOLOLOLOL!! **GAK!!**

Yeah...NO! Hey, sometimes you just have to laugh. You have to laugh at yourself, and your situation, and that's where I'm at right now.

I'm going to be a helpless, useless, piece of crap. (and personally this upsets me more than any of you will ever know). But that's what I'm going to be for about 8 weeks or maybe more.

The days count down. Only (9) left now. I honestly don't think I'm ready. I know it's the right thing to do, but WOW...I've never been this crippled!

The End.

P.S. - Laugh at me, make fun of me...PLEEZ! Even you, NB, denigrate me, I beg you! I'm sure you believe this is just another lie too, right? Just another excuse for attention. I've never been so weak in all my life; never had no other choice...and it's scary, and I don't like it. And afterwards I get to be a complete "dependent", who can't even care for himself for more than an hour.

In 2020, a whole lot of my personal health cards got "called in". Now I get to face the music I guess.

I really do hope Narcoleptic Bhudda weighs in here, because he really does have such a "therapeutic" contribution to most of my threads!! In other words...Happy now, JERK??? I'm hurt, and aint' no amount of 'tough guy' gonna' fix it...so you get your wish! Consider it a gift! Relish in it, every single day!
edit on 1/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You have what sounds like the most interesting life there is always something going on

Had my right arm immobilized wrapped against my body for 10 weeks the summer of 79. It wasn't fun but you get used to it. Be glad you can shower at all. Definitely get you a back scratcher

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I would DIE without a backscratcher, even without a bad shoulder!

I can't live without one of those things. I broke one once (just some cheap plastic job) and almost had a nervous breakdown until I found another bamboo one. I can't survive without one of those things!!!! Honest!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It hasn't affected your typing or posting frequency, praise the baby jesus

Hope it gets better really. Injured limbs suck big ones.

p.s. I'm a lefty and its a sign of genius nyah!

edit on 2-1-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I learned to use my left hand well when I was young. But with the carpel tunnel problems it still does not have nearly as much feeling anymore. I had the right hand fixed, but not the left. It usually only bothers me when I do a lot of work, which I don't do too often anymore.

You will be able to train it to work and then you will have it better for many years since you trained it to do more stuff. You can even train it to write fairly well. It takes a little thinking at first, but it will get better. I started before I was a teen, trying to train myself to shoot my rifle left handed. It took tossing and catching a ball thousands of times to get it working right, then I started using it to do way more new things.

I know this is your rant, but overall you will benefit by developing it, it makes it way easier to put things together if your left hand works better. Even putting a nut on the bolt is way easier when you can use your other hand as well as your dominant one. Left arm is different, I could never get the muscle the same size in my left as I did in my right. I tried hard to accomplish it, but my right arm muscle just grew when I was working even if I was using the left arm....which seemed really strange. Maybe when I was lifting, I flexed my right arm muscle because it was used to being used.

Get better already, you gripe like a little kid when you are laid up...can't say I am any better, I complain like hell when I am really sick or hurting like that. I turn into a whiny kid myself.
edit on 2-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Suck it up buttercup. My wife is a lefty and cut the tendons in two fingers (ring & pinky) at work. During three hand surgeries she had to learn how to do all the above and learn how to bowl right-handed since we were on a league at the time. But then again, she did better than I could have because women are just better than us. Good luck and I do empathize with your troubles.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I’m not gonna laugh at you, but going to send you and yours a healing virtual hug. I feel ya.

I just got done with 2 “procedures” to remove a large kidney stone from my left kidney. The first “procedure” I woke up from anesthesia with my husband and doctor telling me the procedure had complications and my kidney was hemorrhaging. I watched my blood pressure plummet in real time- it was touch and go. I got a very short ambulance ride across the street from the day surgery building to the hospital. Four nights later I was released. In spite of the rona my husband got to visit me. It was a miserable stay although the staff were stellar. The second procedure got that big stone out- thank goodness. It had been harboring bacteria and causing infections for a while. It has taken me longer than I expected to recover, but I am much better now.

I hope you heal fast and completely.

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Welcome to my world. I'm lefty. When you write something, your hand wipes the fresh ink of the pen making blurry what you write and painting your hand.

Sissors are made for the right hand. Need to switch the mouse button and keyboard has the numbers in the wrong side.

We are the closest thing to an alien you can find. We die young. We can trick you in a fight and you won't see that fist coming. We are great for soccer too. People think we're smarter for some reason.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I should have added (I forgot- too much anesthesia- ugh). I am left handed.
You can do this; it will be awkward for example: If you sit with others for a meal, you will need to sit at the farthest left seat or you will play elbowsies with the person to your left while eating.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
thea reply to: Onlyyouknow

No, I forgot to include fun stupid stuff, like with family. Where I didn't care about animals I deal with every day, and won't be able to deal with for the next six months.

There are certain people who just absolutely GLOAT on this stuff!! They want pain, and hurt for everyone else. They enjoy it, it makes it fun for them. They want people to hurt, and they want people to fail. It makes them feel good about themselves! They can sleep at night if people they are threatened and fail. The LOVE it.

It's SAD really, that people are so shallow, and without value, it truly is.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Damn, you got canceled, haha.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
thea reply to: Onlyyouknow

No, I forgot to include fun stupid stuff, like with family. Where I didn't care about animals I deal with every day, and won't be able to deal with for the next six months.

There are certain people who just absolutely GLOAT on this stuff!! They want pain, and hurt for everyone else. They enjoy it, it makes it fun for them. They want people to hurt, and they want people to fail. It makes them feel good about themselves! They can sleep at night if people they are threatened and fail. The LOVE it.

It's SAD really, that people are so shallow, and without value, it truly is.

I hate that you can’t operate as usual; it freaking sucks big time.

There are so many people who want to drag a person down to their level and it can be quite disconcerting- screw them. You know you are a bada$$ motherlover. You just keep being you.

ETA: A Buda who has an inability to control when he/she sleeps and chastises another is no Buda.
edit on 2-1-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Try using a simple pair of scissors as a left hander, it'll feel like it was made by aliens.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Not to be gross, but the wiping your butt is a big deal for me, because I cannot even fathom having someone do it for me...right? Just being honest and real. So I figured that one out early, and I'm good there. But there are so many other things I never thought of. For example, after a couple weeks you can shower, but there's a couple places you can't get to (no, not your butt! You can get to that). You can't get to your left armpit or the outside of your left arm. Suddenly you realize, if this is the only arm you can use, now you suddenly have no way to clean it (because you can't use your right arm).

Bidet. Get you one and install it. Or have somebody install it for you. There are all kinds. They just patch into the line that feeds your toilet tank and then mount under the seat. I've been saying that I'm going to get one for myself, but have not yet. They really are nice. And you know that dry paper never actually gets your butt clean, just smears it around a bit.

Yep, you need a bidet. I need a bidet. Everybody needs a bidet.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm afraid I may he headed down that same road, though my cattle working days seem to be long past.

I came off of a horse about 15 or 20 years ago, landed on my shoulder. It ain't been right since, and recently I had a bicycle wreck and came down on it again. Can't lift it above my head without it hurtin' like a SOB.

I guess I should go get it checked.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im left handed. I had a tumor removed from my left pointer finger and learned to develop some pretty good rudimentary knife skills. My brunoise was spot on with all the veg. I can also chiffande and not bruise my herbs using the right hand with pace. Granted tho, being left handed already I use my right hand for more tasks than you slacker right handers.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Isn't it funny how important some things are? Man, I never even thought about eating food, but I thought about that!!

I know it's uncomfortable to talk about, but it's real! But people should know about it. It's unpleasant, and no one likes to talk about it, "butt" it's something we have to deal with every day, as humans.

There's nothing fun about any of this, not a bit. I've tried to make it a laugh, at me, tried to make it so in your face. Go ahead, laugh at me. Laugh AT me! I wanted one thing only; I wanted no one to ever wipe my butt for me...for whatever reason this was really important to me. I could never ask someone to do that for me. I would rather die first.

Sorry, I know it's gross, but we're humans, and that's what being a human is all about.

I'm really sorry for grossing you out, but this is reality.

God Bless!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join