It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SARS‐CoV‐2‐induced remission of Hodgkin lymphoma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Came across this article. Something a little different as far as covid news goes. It's a bit word soupy, but i'll try and summarize as best I can.

A 61 year old was undergoing end of life treatment for advanced Hodgkin's lymphoma, during treatment he tested positive for covid and began experiencing breathing symptoms and contracted pneumonia. He was treated for 11 days at the hospital and then discharged home. Four months later at a followup exam, the hodgkin's lymphoma had gone into remission.

The hypothesis in the paper is that the rona triggered an anti-tumour immune response from the patient, something that has been documented before in literature.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

A 61‐year‐old man was referred to the haematology department with progressive lymphadenopathy and weight loss. He was receiving haemodialysis for end‐stage renal failure secondary to IgA nephropathy. He had been off immunosuppressive therapy for three years after a failed renal transplant. Needle‐core biopsy of a supraclavicular node demonstrated Epstein–Barr virus (EBV)‐positive classical Hodgkin lymphoma [EBV viral polymerase chain reaction (PCR) 4800 copies/ml; log10 3·68]. Fluorodeoxyglucose‐positron emission tomography/computed tomography (FDG‐PET/CT) revealed avid stage IIIs disease (left image, PET scan, and supplementary image PET/CT). Shortly after diagnosis he was admitted with breathlessness and wheeze and was diagnosed with PCR‐positive SARS‐CoV‐2 pneumonia. After 11 days of best supportive ward‐based care he was discharged to convalesce at home.

Four months later, palpable lymphadenopathy had reduced and an interim PET/CT scan revealed widespread resolution of the lymphadenopathy and reduced metabolic uptake throughout (right image and supplementary image). The EBV viral PCR had also fallen to 413 copies/ml (log10 2·62).

We hypothesise that the SARS‐CoV‐2 infection triggered an anti‐tumour immune response, as has been described with other infections in the context of high‐grade non‐Hodgkin lymphoma.

edit on 9/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Would be interesting to find out if he was also flooded with Ivermectin.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Or, any other anti-parasitic...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

a reply to: infolurker

Not sure. All it says about the covid treatment is

No corticosteroid or immunochemotherapy was administered.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This reminds me of the time traveler who claimed we were going to figure out how to cure illness with disease. I can't remember the exact article but I do remember that being a key talking point about the future. Granted anyone could guess it by paying attention to recent scientific literature.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Would be interesting if we find Covid cures cancer.....think of how the narrative would flip....suddenly everyone would want it to become immune to cancer.....now that would be a twist!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There are other examples of viral infections causing cancer remission. Found a few here.

I’d assume the acceleration of funding and work going into mRNA vaccines will lead to some advances in the field of immunotherapy for cancers.

See below:

clinmedjournals.org...
edit on 9/1/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Or maybe it means that they stopped
Chemo .... And the chemo is Part of the problem
Not the cure ....and maybe ...(like rhe poster above -infolurker said )... ivermectin or other meds actually cured the cancer . Not chemo.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Some viruses kill cancer. Maybe the reason they are so intent on getting rid of this virus is because it would reduce the need for cancer treatment, the common cold can kill cancer...but I do not know what variant of the common cold virus does that.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Coronavirus can kill cancer, it can be programmed to dismantle 4 helix DNA which is abundant in cancer cells

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So what if China did develop such a virus to kill cancer and tried it on their population in WuHan because as we know Chinese are prolific chain smokers. However, the downside is that if you have no lung cancer.....well we know the results if you catch it.
Interestingly, this has also just reminded me of something a front line nurse here in the UK said to me. On her Covid department/ICU etc, not one that has been admitted in with SARS-Cov-19 WAS A SMOKER!!

You got me thinking outside the box.

Rainbows
Jane,

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: infolurker

Or, any other anti-parasitic...

Bingo.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: NightFlight

a reply to: infolurker

Not sure. All it says about the covid treatment is

No corticosteroid or immunochemotherapy was administered.

All the same basket of eggs.

But its to complicated to explain for now...in short these things also help combat the bug.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Would be interesting if we find Covid cures cancer.....think of how the narrative would flip....suddenly everyone would want it to become immune to cancer.....now that would be a twist!

Or if what kills the covid-cold viral sized stage of the Pleomorphic Bacteria also kills the bacerial size stage or "bad gut" bacteria and also kills the fungal sized stage we mistakenly call cancer.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Or maybe it means that they stopped
Chemo .... And the chemo is Part of the problem
Not the cure ....and maybe ...(like rhe poster above -infolurker said )... ivermectin or other meds actually cured the cancer . Not chemo.

Bingo again.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Covid cures cancer?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

There are other examples of viral infections causing cancer remission. Found a few here.

I’d assume the acceleration of funding and work going into mRNA vaccines will lead to some advances in the field of immunotherapy for cancers.

See below:

clinmedjournals.org...

There are other examples of treatment of so-called"viral" infections causing remission in cancer. Because we now know about The Great Virus Lie and that there is no such thing as a "virus" only VIRAL SIZED THINGS....we can extrapolate that the viral sized invaders being 86ed are in a core value way connected to the fungal sized invaders we mistakenly call cancer.If the research keeps accurately tracking towards causality the connection between the bacterial stage of this bug or "bad gut" bacteria and the viral sized stage of this bug or covid-cold and the fungal sized stage of this bug or cancer will illustrate on a macro-Template.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Some viruses kill cancer. Maybe the reason they are so intent on getting rid of this virus is because it would reduce the need for cancer treatment, the common cold can kill cancer...but I do not know what variant of the common cold virus does that.

Killing the Pleomorphic Bacteria we call covid-cold in all 3 of its life phases kills what we mistakenly call cancer...its really the fungal stage of this same bug......so yup killing covid-cold which is the viral sized stage certainly helps remit cancer....and killing it in its bacterial and fungal forms concurrent to killing the viral sized stage does kill what we mistakenly call cancer.

This data is coagulating all over the world right now its not unique to here.

When Hyroxychloroquine and Ivermectin and Stromectin and Menbendazole and other antiparasitic/bacterial drugs were brought into the equation by a certain high profile person recently ..... the cure for what we have been mistakenly calling cancer was released to the entire world BY PROXY.... its old news already.
edit on 9-1-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I have heard of one here in Scotland. Very severe lung condition due to smoking, and was still smoking. Drug and alc abuse...

Got admitted with CoV2, released after 2 weeks. In far better health than they had been for a few years.

Hmmmm.

I only hope that this health crisis eventually leads to breakthrough in medicine and healthcare. Affordable, and accessible treatments for all. Not kept in the control of big Pharma, nor used politically to control people.

Not looking likely in light of recent events.

having worked within AIDS/HIV, this is something I have long hoped for, but mostly saw politics and finances/Pharma as the hurdle, not the solution.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rockdisjoint2

No the drugs we use currently as anti viral medication appear to be effective at fighting certain cancers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join