It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Covid is Gone these will remain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think we are forever changed even when Covid is gone.
Here's what I don't see reverting back anytime soon:

Spitting in public
Blowing out birthday candles
Maybe shaking hands
Everyone going into work everyday
Getting letters from school that your child has had too many sick days
Buffets in the manner they were served before

In a way this has been a great reset. We are communal/social people, but maybe a little too germy.
I've always appreciated the Japanese way of organization and cleanliness. Just visit a Japanese grocery
store and you'll know what I mean.

edit on 24-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There was nothing wrong with anything you listed above in the past. And there certainly shouldnt be in the future.

The "new normal" agenda is pushed by the globalists that always wanted to accelerate the idea of less human contact. I won't support that.

And it's funny you mention Japanese culture because Chinese culture is consistent with many of these norms.

Chinese culture. Imagine that.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

There was nothing wrong with anything you listed above in the past. And there certainly shouldnt be in the future.

The "new normal" agenda is pushed by the globalists that always wanted to accelerate the idea of less human contact. I won't support that.

And it's funny you mention Japanese culture because Chinese culture is consistent with many of these norms.

I've always been a germaphobe so I appreciate some of these changes.
Yes I know Chinese people spit a lot, A LOT. Maybe that isn't a good thing.
Also, never been a fan of any buffets, ugg.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Spitting in public
Maybe shaking hands

In a way this has been a great reset. We are communal/social people, but maybe a little too germy.
I've always appreciated the Japanese way of organization and cleanliness. Just visit a Japanese grocery

Only hand washing can kill of plenty of illnesses that cost society hundreds of millions of dollars each and every year

I rarely washed hands before dinner and usually catch the Norovirus annually.

You can really protect yourself against many things with a decent hand hygiene

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I bet you could find globalist in a can of tuna.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I miss shaking hugs and hugging. Shaking hands was hugging for strangers.

Spitting was always gross unless you had a need, and even then it was gross, just understandable.

People were starting to be migrated gradually into work from home prior to this. This just threw a massive switch to accelerate the trend.

Rather than getting letters from school about sick days (because let's get real - funding is linked to attendance); snow days will be a thing of the past. Kids can be indoctrinated online now. Our district has already announced the first 5 snow days will be online learning days.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The thing is Covid-19 won't be gone. It's here to stay just like the flu.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm so sick of the "new normal".

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've always been a germaphobe so I appreciate some of these changes.
Yes I know Chinese people spit a lot, A LOT. Maybe that isn't a good thing.
Also, never been a fan of any buffets, ugg.

Yes but it's the age old argument of "if you don't like it, you don't have to participate." But to try to impose your will on others in attempts to outlaw something is ironically authoritarian.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

I bet you could find globalist in a can of tuna.

I'll bet you voted for a Chinese sponsored candidate because the globalist media told you to.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Once you get around to having random hook ups again, everything on that list will happen again.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Yes but it's the age old argument of "if you don't like it, you don't have to participate." But to try to impose your will on others in attempts to outlaw something is ironically authoritarian.

What are you talking about?
When Covid is gone these things shouldn't be illegal (except for spitting is illegal in some areas just not enforced), but I am merely suggesting that many people will not feel comfortable going back to these things.

Hey I never liked buffets, so I don't go to them and wont in the future, but I bet more people will feel the same way after Covid.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm so sick of the "new normal".

I'm still trying to adjust to the OLD normal.
As far as I'm concerned...the NEW normal can take a number and wait.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Spitting in public
Maybe shaking hands

I will add:
- carrying hand sanitizer everywhere
- for some people: mask wearing. Let me explain... I’m a very allergic person and mask wearing has reduce my allergic reactions episodes considerably (mainly asthma related)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear
covid
Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear Fear

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

That's all fine and good, if you want to wear a mask and it helps you, then I'm all for your being able to wear one. No objection whatsoever. However, when other people want to force me to wear one, that's when we have a problem!

See the difference?

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've blow out or been present while people blow out their birthday candles.

I currently go into work as much as I did pre-covid. And it is getting to the point that the company is going to have to start mandating people to come back to the office as work is not getting completed on time.

I have shook peoples hands since covid started. There has been that awkward look of "are you cool with a shake?" Some times its "yes" and when its "no" its been fist bumps.

Buffets will be back; its the only way to ecomicaly feed lots of people cheaply.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Is that because it’s identical to the old normal? When the economy is sh*t, what trickles down in a trickledown economy?

Lol. The new normal is not focused on healthy people. It’s a sick system, focused on making people ill. Australia always has room for open minds and good hearts, come down under dude.
At least our tide don’t crawl.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think we're going to be stuck wearing masks for a long time to come. As for Covid going away? Not gonna happen, it's a handy tool of fear from the media and dems, they won't give that up for awhile.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I think we're going to be stuck wearing masks for a long time to come. As for Covid going away? Not gonna happen, it's a handy tool of fear from the media and dems, they won't give that up for awhile.

Oh COVID will never go away, not even with a vaccine. There's only one disease that's been eradicated that way.

We'll just get over the hysteria of it and finally tell the control freaks where to stick and start living our lives again whatever they say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join