It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the Fall affect all of us, instead of only 'Adam and Eve'...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Sophia apparently screwed it all up with a male one-sided something or another.

Spawned the wrong universe or pale image of such if memory serves.

Something along those lines.

Archons and all that jazz.

Aye, i find it all very interesting.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Monkey see, monkey do.

We all seek answers purplemer be it in religion or science.

The latter requires only one miracle to attempt to explain the rest.

The former, not so much sometimes.

Consider the information, art, literature, architecture, sheer history humanity has destroyed in the name of religious difference?

Its not a good look for our species.

Especially since we seem to rinse and repeat the process time after time.
edit on 16-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Genesis I pondered a lot,

So I went to my bible to check the notes.

One hand reached towards a tree, another was nailed to it.

What began as a selfish act under a tree, ended with a selfless act on a tree.

Also remember he banished them from Eden so they would not eat of the tree of eternal life.

that is all

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Okay OP.
So you don't "believe", that Adam and Eve are the first humans. So basically? They didn't exist at the time/for the time, that you're asking about? But then you ask a question regardless?

The Bible says that Adam was the first man/human. If you do not "believe" that? Why do you even bother to ask? Because that, is pretty elementary and important, as a pivotal "education", regarding the bible.

I'll assume, it's because you have a little "belief"?
So? How does a car wreck on a freeway, affect all of us?
After all? We had nothing to do with it. But we all pay for it, in/with time!

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Long time no see... Congrats on the grand baby!! So good to hear from a familiar face again...

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Was Adam the first man...? No. That is explained in genesis chapter 1. God created man as male and female. Lord God did not create man as male and female. Lord God formed Adam from the dust on the ground. And east of eden lord god formed Eve from Adam. This is not the same as creating man as male and female.... You have to be able to pic up on details to be able to see what is taking place between what chapter one state compared to what chapter 2 describes.

Were both Adam and Eve cast out of the garden created east og Eden...? No. The bible state that only Adam was cast out and sent back to where he was formed from the dust on det Ground..

We cant even get this write from the text.... Eve was never cast out from Eden.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think we need to look at our religions worldwide with fresh and new eyes. There is a shared commanaility between them all. It can be found in the mythos, the symbols and the numbers.

In it lies the key to our spiritual and physical ancestry and that is something I am very aware we need to reconnect as individuals and culture.

You know where you come from. Then you know what to do.

I love that CS lewis quote about the one miracle. and its true. I dont really see any difference between the two. They are both belief systems. The both require miracles and they are both talking about different expresions of the same thing.

IN terms of our species. We are in the hands of the Gods. We can only do our best.

Happy days

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

There are around 4,300 religions of the world purplemer.

And they are not all claiming the same or even similar interpretations.

The thing is they cannot all be correct.

And if I'm pushed to make a guess as to why that's the case I'm inclined to believe it's probably because they are all wrong to one degree or another.

We do know where we came from, we came from Earth, and the fact of the matter is that humanity would be hard-pushed to exist anywhere else that's does not have the same atmospheric gases, pressure, and gravity.

If we were designed purplemer it was down here at the arse end of our stars gravity well.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

There are around 4,300 religions of the world purplemer

Actually there is a lot of connectivity you just have not been taught about it. Look at the sun disc logo found in Kemetic. Assryain, Native America and Mayan. Also used in occulltic brotherhoods worldwide.

Its no mistake.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Connectivity doesn't equate to consensus.

Religions don't agree on much purplemer, even the ones that worship the same god would fight over the tiniest of slights at the drop of a hat should they imagine their precious sensibilities to be bent out of place or their belief systems challenged.

If in doubt consider how many people have died in the name of our Gods throughout recorded history.

We don't play nice with even each other as a general rule of thumb as soon as the notion of God manages to rear its nut.
edit on 17-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

The Fall of Man was said to be the event which occurred when Adam & Eve believed in the words of an usurper, disbelieved God, and rebelled against Him in choosing to pursue a different type of wisdom,

That is the accepted Christian teaching among most all Christian theologians but that is not the accepted theology among most all Jewish denominations. The fall of man is actually the curse of earth and being that earth was cursed with death does include all of the creation of this universe. This entire universe consists primarily of earth and water and not simply just Adam. As the Satan's were cast out of the celestial realm, they were cast down into the earth. They were not cast down to this world [at that time] but were cast down into this universe which ia all earth. That is why the scriptures tell us that the chief Satan is the prince of the power of the air and not of this world [at that time].

Now the way I understand this is that Adam is the only man which was created and from Adam came the entire human race of procreated life. God did not create any one except one man who we understand as being Adam. The Most High El did make a way of escape but that way includes the death of our earthy bodies. When the last days are completed is when all earth reverts back to the Creator. This means that the entire universe become a vapor from fervent heat and all earth is destroyed. This will leave only the everlasting spirits of this creation. By that is meant that all animate and inanimate forms of this creation do have spiriits of life but not all have everlasting spirits of life and it is the everlasting spirit that lives forever.

edit on 17-11-2020 by Seede because: clarify a sentence

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Were both Adam and Eve cast out of the garden created east og Eden...? No. The bible state that only Adam was cast out and sent back to where he was formed from the dust on det Ground..

Please explain if you would.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

When you read genesis chapter 3 verse 23.

You will read who lord god specifically is talking about. Lord god is talking about «him» and «he». Lord god is talking about Adam.
The third hint is: only Adam was formed from the dust on the ground. Eve was not.

Edit: there is also another detail mentioned in verse 23. Verse 23 say this: to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Was Adam really formed from the dust on the ground or was Adam taken....?

And then put into the garden east of eden..?

Here is another detail no one think about.
Lord god formed a garden east og Eden. This means that eden is devided into two different places. You have Eden and the garden lord god planted to the east of Eden.

The garden is not in Eden.....

But what are our scholaers looking for Eden or the garden lord god planted..?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

IF? No if's about it the way I see it... Am real curious as to your sources...

Originally posted by stupid girl
Most of the Apostlic letters that make up the last half of the New Testament were written with the intent to refute the increasing heresies of Gnosticism.

Many new believers were led astray by the Gnostic perversions of Jesus' message. That is why Jesus said to seek first the Kingdom. Men have the inherent desire to seek wisdom & knowledge first, which is the modus operandi of Gnosticism in & of itself.

So in essence, Gnostic beliefs are based on the opposite of what Jesus instructed those who follow Him to do. Gnostic beliefs go against the Truths revealed to us by Christ Himself through His Apostles. Thus His Apostles referred to Gnostic teachings as 'anti Christ'.

Read the First Epistle of John (1 John, not the Gospel of John). The entire purpose of that Letter is centered on the subtle lies of Gnostic teachings. When he refers to 'anti Christs' in his letter, he is referring to Gnostic beliefs.

The New Age movement & those promulgated by the UFO contactee phenomenon are largely based on Gnosticism. All types of mysticism are respectively based on various mixtures of Kabbalah, Gnosticism & Eastern Philosophies. Which in turn, are all basically based on each other.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If in doubt consider how many people have died in the name of our Gods throughout recorded history.

Many more have died at the hands of those who are trying to eliminate religion from the earth. The number of people that atheists like Mao and Stalin have killed are far, far, far more than any holy war has ever done.

Connectivity doesn't equate to consensus.

Religions don't agree on much purplemer

You'd be surprised... There's a region of study called syncretism that details the numerous accounts that overlap with various religions. It is because they are searching for that same unchanging truth. Jesus is unique because he was uninhibited by the misleadings of sin, and therefore his words came from the absolute Truth itself.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

That hardly justifies the countless numbers that perished down to organized religious practice throughout the ages.

Would not be the first time i would be surprised.

Jesus is not unique. LoL

Plenty of Christ-like figures who pre-date Jesus.

For instance, Buddha, Krishna, Odysseus, Zoroaster, Horus, Heracles or Romulus are but a few who share plenty of parallels to the life of Jesus.

Jesus may very well have been a parable if we are entirely honest, just like the previous iterations that came before.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Jesus did something non of the other Gods did. Jesus forfilled scripture/prophesy.

No other human idol have done that befor him.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
Their descendants were born without a spiritual union...
...body and psyche but with a spirit unaligned with the divine Spirit.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Every religion has to face the question of why life is so generally miserable. This is the Christian response.

Personally I like Buddha's reply...the first noble truth in Buddhism is "life is suffering." Once when a student asked him why this was the case and where the world came from and why there was something instead of nothing and a whole host of other metaphysical abstract questions, Buddha was very curt with the seeker. He basically said something like: "Look. I'm not here to explain why this and why that. That is not what my teaching is about. I'm here to inform you that life is suffering, and to teach you the way out of the pain, and the whys and wherefores of the situation really aren't that important. If you were a soldier laying on a battlefield with an arrow sticking out of your chest, all you would want is to get the arrow out as quickly and painlessly as possible. You wouldn't be asking the surgeon about who shot it or what color the feathers were, or where the arrow was made. You need to approach your spiritual liberation in the same deadly-serious way, and forget about useless metaphysical speculation."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join