It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the Fall affect all of us, instead of only 'Adam and Eve'...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Who wrote those scripture/prophecies?

That would be Men that came before.

And the precursor organized religious practices that predated Christ.

As to prophecy, it's self-fulfilling given the very nature of the beast in question.

You see confirmation bias involves the maintenance of our distorted beliefs.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah but have you ever read the gospels?

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They covered Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in Sunday and primary school many moons ago, then again in R.E at secondary.

So the four gospels that we find in the New Testament anyroad.

The study of the four gospels of the Bible hardly changes the author.

edit on 18-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yeah but have YOU read them?

edit on 18-11-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Not in about three and a half decades.

Then again that's about the same time since i read "The Lord of The Rings".

I loved a load of the stories from the Bible when i was a child.

My kids are the same, although they don't cover religion in our educational establishments in the same manner they did when i was a lad.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It’s an allegory.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The simple answer here is, it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

The long and complicated answer is humans absolutely love telling stories, especially traditional anecdotes that remind us everything is going to be okay. The heroes journey is a classic model of our deep rooted need for authoritarian influence and free will as a predeterminism device, ie Free will is only useful as long as someone more important had the idea first. The story of Adam and eve is an example of this, where they encounter supernatural interference that causes them to fail the trials & temptations portion of the exam and they are rewarded with a "dark revelation" of sorts, forming a mirror by which we choose our own path. Do we want God to give up on us and throw us to the wolves? No? Then don't do what they did. And don't ask too many questions, like how did Satan get in the garden and where was God during all this and how does someone omniscient just happen to be looking the other way and why, just WHY, did he choose to put that specific tree in that specific spot in spite of knowing literally everything that would happen if he did. Definitely don't ask questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Was Adam really formed from the dust on the ground or was Adam taken....?

Yes Adam was taken [formed] from the pure earth before the earth became polluted. At this time of the 2nd creation all was good but with foreknowledge the Creator placed Adam in the garden east of the land of Eden which was planted from the pure earth. All of the earth [universe] was pure at this time and its substance was not as we see it today. Adam was formed of the celestial substance [unknown to us] and experienced a substance change when expelled from the garden. That is according to Ezra the scribe.

The reason Adam was placed in the Garden was to prevent the fallen ones [who at this time had discovered this world] to bring harm to him. As Adam was evicted from the garden these fallen ones were then imprisoned in Sheol till the last day of judgment. Remember that the fallen ones came from the celestial realm and were of spiritual substance. This brings a lot of theology as to what Adam's terrestrial substance was before the curse.

Remember that translators only interpret their understanding of the autographs that they are interpreting and that we have not one original autograph to guide us.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

SO thats pretty much a no... children don't understand the concepts

And chances are IF you had a relgious school, they covered Paul moreso then the gospels... just as most churches do

Try reading them again, just as IF you've never read them before

whoever wrote those books knew what he/she was talking about

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I was not so much a child in secondary school.

Don't be so presumptuous as to your assumption that children don't understand concepts as that just does not fly I'm afraid, kids understand a lot more than we realize sometimes.

As to schools, well the religious school would have been the Catholic one across the road, the Protestant one i attended being more mixed denominations.

Not much if about it all the same back then it was one school or the other that involved either the Chapel or Church and some Bible studies.

They get a glance now and again whenever a pick up a bible or on the off chance the weans are asking questions, but that's about it.

As to whoever wrote those books knowing what they were talking about, i imagine that's open to interpretation, just like the rest of the information contained within both testaments.
edit on 19-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Of course its open to interpretation...

but they are very profound, and reading them can affect your life believe it or not

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
One profound 'change' in the Adamic Line of modern humans...was that the children of the Genesis Line of (engineered) humanity were programmed to die much earlier then the lifetimes of their Parents and forefathers

the punishment for all Adamic lineage humanity was to live only 120 years maximum from the nearly 1000 year lifetime of all the known and unknown Adamic humans that came directly from the 'Garden of Eden' (colony of human experiments by Angelic Technicians/Scientific teams)

the life span limits were induced by limiting the ability of cells to only 7 generations of self replacement/rejuvenation

now that is some high tech Eugenics practices

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The simple answer here is, it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

That's like a 3 year old saying math doesn't affect us in the slightest. Why do you continually comment on something you have never experienced or come to understand?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Not many animals on Earth live anywhere near 1000 years.

Was it just humanity god punished by way taking away near enough 9/10th of our life span, or did the rest of the animals also receive a pay cut?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Was it just humanity god punished by way taking away near enough 9/10th of our life span, or did the rest of the animals also receive a pay cut?

It was probably a totally different world before the flood.... I would bet extra-dimensional existence of some kind. The Sumerians also claim in their antediluvian king list that people did in fact live very long before the flood. Our history is much greater than the secular-fed drivel about us descending from semi-conscious cavemen

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

God must have had more than just 50% oxygen content in the atmosphere to account for such an extended life span.

What was it Ambrosia in the river water?

And if the oxygen content in the atmosphere was that high i imagine combustion would have been a lot easier to take place presenting all manner of dangers also.

It's nice to bet and speculate cooperton but this is where the Bible and other religious texts begin to fall on their arse down to our understandings of genetics, biology, and even geology.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

And if the oxygen content in the atmosphere was that high i imagine combustion would have been a lot easier to take place presenting all manner of dangers also.

It's nice to bet and speculate cooperton but this is where the Bible and other religious texts begin to fall on their arse down to our understandings of genetics, biology, and even geology.

It was most definitely through genetic mechanisms that these longer lifespans were being exhibited. We can't even understand why people die, despite countless years of scientific investigation into the topic. What understanding do we have of genetics if even the very wealthy cannot obtain remarkably extended lifespans? I understand your idolization of it though, I think many people go through that phase. Don't idly wait your whole life for some scientific breakthrough. The breakthrough is us attaining to that ideal conscious state waiting within us, formerly known as the Christ Archetype.

By acting according to the original 'Good' model of a human, our genetics begin to assimilate to higher working orders. The fall was the opposite this transformation.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Entropy cooperton is the reason we age and finally expire.

The Telomeres that sit at the end of strands of DNA wear away making it more likely that cells will stop dividing and essentially die.

Nothing lasts forever, not even the stars whose dust we are made from.

Certainly not anything biological on two legs as unfortunate as the case may be.
edit on 19-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Entropy cooperton is the reason we age and finally expire.

Our genetic code has various repair mechanisms that could theoretically perpetuate us forever. Yet for whatever reason, they stop doing their job.

The Telomeres that sit at the end of strands of DNA wear away making it more likely that cells will stop dividing and essentially die.

They wear away but there is an enzyme that repairs it, which reinforces the point I made above. Telomerase is an enzyme in our genome that adds lengths to telomeres so that the ends of chromosomes do not decay. So why does telomerase and its respective gene stop functioning optimally? There is a programmed function of death that apparently cannot be over-ridden

Nothing lasts forever, not even the stars whose dust we are made from.

Whatever made us is eternal. Given how complex our genome is, I see no other reasonable option. We come from something that was neither born nor dies, and therefore always existed. Our bodies seem to be a temporary interface that allows us to learn in this fleeting material plane before passing on to higher dimensional existence.

Certainly not anything biological on two legs as unfortunate as the case may be.

It may seem cruel, but a caterpillar has to end so the butterfly is born.
edit on 19-11-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

the 'Scriptures' do not tell of lower animals getting reduced life-times...only that they were conditioned to the night-day-week-month-year cycle of living (circadian rhythm)--- and that 'they' retained their kind-after-kind traits (genes & DNA)

seems only the Garden-of-Eden humans (Adamic Man & Womans) got genetically modified to live shorter lifetimes
(was this a punishment?) --->> In a Way, the Ademic race of humans, created and confined to Eden itself...became 'brothers' with the Indigenous peoples surrounding the 'Garden'....because now the 'Adamic race' would not outlive the Tribal natives who usually died early deaths at around 40 years old
While the 'Adamic peoples in Eden' lived in their isolated Eden for 100s of years, until They were Expelled

edit on th30160580488819542020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join