It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trueman the Libertarian

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I finally got tired of Dems and Reps. Not voting for them anymore, even if they have Elvis as candidate. No more, adios. I'm not republican or democrat and I won't became one of them, never.

Instead, I'm researching a bit about Libertarian party and to be honest, I agree with most of the ideas and see they have solutions I think we never tried before. I also like the lack of hostility they seem to have.

So, I'd like to read replies from Libertarian members here, let me know if possible not only what you like about your party, but also what you don't like or not agree 100%.

I want to thank you all in advance.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The one thing that I don't quite agree with is the lack of regulations. I want less government (actually none at all would be nice) but people are corrupt, and certain things really do need regulations.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Not sure that open borders is the way to go with the way the world is right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
a reply to: Trueman

The one thing that I don't quite agree with is the lack of regulations. I want less government (actually none at all would be nice) but people are corrupt, and certain things really do need regulations.

Good point. Is there any other country that has a government with similar believes to the Libertarians ?

Just to see if these concepts work in other places.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Not sure that open borders is the way to go with the way the world is right now.

As I understood, free borders for decent people, not criminals allowed.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One big problem with libertarianism IMHO is that it focuses obsessively on government power and doesn't realize the extent to which government and certain forms of big business have become joined at the hip.

They claim they are apostles of "freedom" but don't realize how freedom can be compromised by non-government forces -- cough cough, social media, mainstream media, big pharma, academic thought control, etc., cough cough.

In many ways, reducing government control would create a power vacuum that would simply be filled by some elite private-sector players. Nature abhors a vacuum.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

a

Good point. Is there any other country that has a government with similar believes to the Libertarians ?

Somalia and the Caymen Islands come to mind...

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So, I'd like to read replies from Libertarian members here, let me know if possible not only what you like about your party, but also what you don't like or not agree 100%.

What I like:
  • Strong Second Amendment ideals
  • Ending lobbying
  • Ease of legal immigration
  • Reducing regulations/agencies
  • Strong individual rights
What I don't like:
  • That we always lose

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise

a

Somalia and the Caymen Islands come to mind...

Cayman Islands sound good, Somalia ???.... I don't know.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I didn't know you are Libertarian. Knowing that gives me some confidence.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

LOL. Really? Next time someone calls me a Democrat shill you'll actually know the truth.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL. Really? Next time someone calls me a Democrat shill you'll actually know the truth.

They'll have to call me Democrat shill too now. I'm about to click "yes".

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The problem is libertarians have no chance in hell of winning Presidential races. In fact, the libertarian vote all but screwed up this election. I more identify with libertarians but you cannot waste your vote voting for the libertarian candidate for President.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I more identify with libertarians but you cannot waste your vote voting for the libertarian candidate for President.

Sure you can, it's called having principles, when you get tired of being kicked in your left nut or your right nut you can try it too.

edit on 11-11-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The problem is libertarians have no chance in hell of winning Presidential races. In fact, the libertarian vote all but screwed up this election. I more identify with libertarians but you cannot waste your vote voting for the libertarian candidate for President.

That's what I thought before voting this time. Now I see I wasted my vote anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I more identify with libertarians but you cannot waste your vote voting for the libertarian candidate for President.

Sure you can, it's called having principles, when you get tired of being kicked in your left but or your right nut you can try it too.

No, it is called wanting a perfect candidate that doesn't exist.

In the real world, we have to compromise. I rather get some things I want out of a Republican (and occassional Democrat) than vote for a pure libertarian who has no chance in hell of winning.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

In the real world, we have to compromise. I rather get some things I want out of a Republican (and occassional Democrat) than vote for a pure libertarian who has no chance in hell of winning.

Both of them give me what I don't want, special interests running the government with unending debt and spending.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I want to thank you all in advance.

I switched to Libertarian back when Gov. Gary Johnson ran for the POTus, back in 2012. A coworker got me a gig on his media team an I liked the party atmosphere at all the election functions. Despite what the rightwingers think in ATS, I voted for Ms. Jo Jorgensen in this current election debacle. I don't feel my vote was wasted.

I have also been a media geek for the GOP about all I can say for them is they pay damn well.

edit on 11-11-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That's what I thought before voting this time. Now I see I wasted my vote anyway.

The libertarian vote in most states was greater than the deficit between Trump and Biden. Trump would have easily won without libertarians throwing their vote away.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sure you can, it's called having principles, when you get tired of being kicked in your left nut or your right nut you can try it too.

Yep. That's exactly how it feels. I clicked it BTW. Now NJ has at least 2 of us.....hahaha !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join