It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X - Proof at last!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
IF YOU travel out to the far edge of the solar system, into the frigid wastes beyond Pluto, you'll see something strange. Suddenly, after passing through the Kuiper belt, a region of space teeming with icy rocks, there's nothing.

Astronomers call this boundary the Kuiper cliff, because the density of space rocks drops off so steeply. What caused it? The only answer seems to be a 10th planet. We're not talking about Quaoar or Sedna: this is a massive object, as big as Earth or Mars, that has swept the area clean of debris.

The evidence for the existence of "Planet X" is compelling, says Alan Stern, an astronomer at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado. But although calculations show that such a body could account for the Kuiper cliff (Icarus, vol 160, p 32), no one has ever seen this fabled 10th planet.

There's a good reason for that. The Kuiper belt is just too far away for us to get a decent view. We need to get out there and have a look before we can say anything about the region. And that won't be possible for another decade, at least. NASA's New Horizons probe, which will head out to Pluto and the Kuiper belt, is scheduled for launch in January 2006. It won't reach Pluto until 2015, so if you are looking for an explanation of the vast, empty gulf of the Kuiper cliff, watch this space.

Now we have some actual measurable effects of Planet X.....

All the best,

Neon.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with the NWO,
if it does, enlighten me please........

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This has nothing to do with the NWO,
if it does, enlighten me please........

Sorry dude.... I accidently put this in the wrong heading... should be under space exploration.

Do you have the ability to move it??

cheers,

Tim,

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i cant move it,
U2U a mod to ask

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Planet X would be a new world wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

lol true

but ill get a mod to move this to the right section, hold on

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Hahahah funnnyyy

It was a mistake but you could say that not only would it be a new world but it would also mean we have a new order in the System...

hehehe New world and order lol

NeoN...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, we should get a new look at it once we get the new telescope Deep Space One is up.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, according to Nancy Leider, Planet X was supposed to show itself, somewhere around last summer and teh aliens living on the planet were supposed to attack us and take over the Earth. I am sorry, I don't remember any attacks or findihg of the 10th planet.

True, there is a cliff in the region beyond Pluto, but that doesn't mean that there exists an another planet.

Surf

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Past the Kuiper Belt is the Oort Cloud. The Oort cloud extends into interstellar space. Perhaps the "Kuiper cliff" (something I've never heard of before) is where the medium between pull from the Sun and pull from other stars is about equal.

If there were a planet out there, collecting objects in its trojan points, for example, we wouldn't see this so-called "cliff." In two sections, 120 degrees apart from each other, we would see clumpings of objects. In the area 60 degrees inward from each clumping, we would find this mystery planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
link???

thanks...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Couldnt a passing meteor or comet do that? Until we can see it from a telescope or a satellite I wont believe in planet x.

apc

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dont forget Planet X if confirmed would be the 11th planet!
Vulcan used to be between Mercury and the Sun. We have already confirmed a large amount of concentrated debris in that orbit, and ancient illustrations depict the presence of another body near the Sun besides Mercury. The evidence suggests that sometime in the past 1500-2000 years the planet was destroyed. Why we will never know. Its orbit may have decayed or squished so the Sun's gravity finally broke it up as it is trying to do to Mercury, or it may have suffered another cataclysmic fate.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Vulcan was the name given to a small planet supposed to exist in an orbit between Mercury and the Sun, in a 19th century hypothesis which has now been superseded by Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Ohio_Ron]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Vulcan was created because ancients could see Mercury going around in ony 88 days. They thought this was impossible, and that it must be two planets. I've never heard of any debris being found within the orbit of Mercury. Could you provide a link to support that please?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't personally believe it exists, surely we would've seen it by now?

I don't know, although it does seem odd the Sumerians had it listed like all the other planets.

apc

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just do a google search for "planet vulcan debris" and you'll find plenty of info. As I said nothing is certain and there is only evidence. There may have never been anything there and it was merely the ancients seeing Mercury and not realizing it for some reason, and the debris is nothing more than a small asteroid belt.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Neon,

You should probably provide a link to the article you copied your intro from (namely the New Scientist article I linked to yesterday). You will otherwise be subjected to mods who are angry about plagiarism.

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 18-3-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Neon,

You should probably provide a link to the article you copied your intro from (namely the New Scientist article I linked to yesterday). You will otherwise be subjected to mods who are angry about plagiarism.

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 18-3-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

The quotation from the article I posted was 1/13th the size of the total article as the rest of the information is totally irrelevant to my posting.

so I didn't think it was relevant to include the link.

I ant to stimulate debate about the possibility that there really is another planet in our solar system that has yet to be discovered.

Also there is further evidence to suggest that there is another LARGE object further out than Pluto as our original voyager probes have deviated off course caused by an unknown source....

Could the voyager probes courses actually being altered by the force of gravity of large object....

Now the question is why have we not been able to detect it.....

That is a very good question..... Actually we are able to use Hubble to take images of galaxies 13 billion light years away and yet for some reason when we are asked if we can take pictures of objects just beyond our own solar system or in fact even a good close-up of the moon (recent picture that is) then for some reason scientist say sorry we don't have the capability to do it.

Then for some mysterious reasons NASA state that Hubble has broken down and not working correctly etc....

Seems all to convenient to me....

Personally I think there are a lot of things going on in our solar system that 'THEY' know about but will not release it into the public domain...

Only when a scientist outside of the ''THEM' sphere of influence questions the validity of the so called null results do articles like the one I posted appear.

Anyway,

My point is deduce what you will but there is mounting evidence to suggest that Planet X really exists (or maybe Planet XI) lol ;p

NeoN HaZe.

NeoN.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That pic of yaself does look ruff - im sorry but have you ever considered a good dentist?
Its the most ugly person ive ever seen in my whole 37 years.

I had to say this - hope you dont mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join