It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
Happens just about every 2 weeks right?

Over the last two weeks, 140 (mostly) Black people in Chicago have shot each other.

heyjackass.com...

If Black people are angry over a Black man being shot by a cop every two weeks, their priorities are way out of whack.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Bad cops do bad things to everybody. They lie, lead witnesses and selectively prosecute people every day. But, if it's a race problem, I don't see it. In the city someone can get a cop of any race, as a victim or a suspect. It doesn't faze me one bit either way.

I'm a white guy, but honestly black dudes can be very interesting and entertaining in person. If you don't have black friends, I recommend you try.

Not only do I have positive experiences with blacks, Islam people often go out of their way to be nice. My white friend owned a home in a gentrified area, where someone (black) tried to pull a fake slip n fall. Well the full-on Muslim dashiki-wearing dark as mf dude next door, "Quan" went on the record that he thought it was fake, same for the paramedics. That killed the fake lawsuit.

So how bad is racism when I don't feel black cops want to shoot me, my black friends are all laughing and eating cookies with me, and Muslim people call me a "freedom fighter" and invite me places..?

I don't have an explanation or a solution, but I know racism when I see it. Suicide by cop does not equal racism.

edit on 4-10-2020 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman

originally posted by: SuperStudChuck

Absolutely sickening comments already, but I should’ve expected no less.

You presented one side of the story. If you want balanced comments, present both sides of the story.

#RememberSmollett

I’m reacting to people who are ALREADY assuming this guy was some sort of criminal or obviously did something wrong. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Clearly no one can present both sides if the event just took place?

No, people are reacting to you saying “it’s a bad one”.

I agree... the officer is innocent until proven guilty.

Why have you made a judgment on him?

Clearly no one should make a judgment that “it’s a bad one” if it just took place.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah, this was a tragedy that could have been prevented with proper training.

I should note that this is an incredibly small town, about 1400 people. They only a total of Three(3) Officers, including the police chief.

So not sure how all that works.

I will say this is a predominately white county, however still, the question remains, was this racially motivated? I don’t know, but it’s looking like it is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the mob poured in from Dallas and out of state into that small community, there is no effective response against that kind of mass mayhem.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

This one made me feel ill.

You're right--this one looks really really bad.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Small town PD could be totally different. Racism is so cringy.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You presented one side of the story. If you want balanced comments, present both sides of the story.

#RememberSmollett

I’m reacting to people who are ALREADY assuming this guy was some sort of criminal or obviously did something wrong. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Unfortunately this is the doing of the left and the msm crying wolve on just about every white on black shooting. The left is the first to draw the race card without any evidence to support such an accusation right from the gate.

Having said that anyone who suggest that they know the facts before the facts are released , clearly are a some kind of special.

This appears to look like a tragic incident but lets wait till the facts come out . Unfortunately sometimes good people do stupid things and with a cop that can be lethal.

edit on 031031America/ChicagoMon, 05 Oct 2020 00:03:25 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It does look really bad. Out of all the high profile shootings by cops , this one made me sick. This guy was no thug, he was a good guy, doing a good thing.
It’s worse than the cops shooting the guy on the stairs, because this guy was being a hero stopping a man from beating a woman. He got tased then shot to death for it.

edit on 4-10-2020 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth I'll wait a week or two until evidence starts slowly and surely taking its course.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

This one made me feel ill.

You're right--this one looks really really bad.

If this had occurred before George Floyd, very few outside of that town would have known the incident happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

“In Wolfe City, he was known as a hometown hero. Motivational speaker, trainer, professional athlete and community advocate— he was dearly loved by so many,” Merritt said on Facebook about Price. “I have spoken to the family and have agreed to do whatever it takes to get justice for JP.” Merritt said Price had intervened in a domestic violence incident before he was killed.

Wolfe City is located in Hunt County in northeast Texas, and is home to about 1,400 people. The city is located about 15 miles north of Commerce, Texas, and about 70 miles north of Dallas.

Lol, the demographics on this one. It's very close to a major city so travel from around the country to it will be easy, not to mention I'm sure that there's plenty of will-be protesters that live in Dallas. It's only an hour's drive from it. The 500 member NFAC group that just did a march in Louisville is 1/3rd of the entire town. A town that small has a token police force.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: quix0tic

“In Wolfe City, he was known as a hometown hero. Motivational speaker, trainer, professional athlete and community advocate— he was dearly loved by so many,” Merritt said on Facebook about Price. “I have spoken to the family and have agreed to do whatever it takes to get justice for JP.” Merritt said Price had intervened in a domestic violence incident before he was killed.

Wolfe City is located in Hunt County in northeast Texas, and is home to about 1,400 people. The city is located about 15 miles north of Commerce, Texas, and about 70 miles north of Dallas.

Lol, the demographics on this one. It's very close to a major city so travel from around the country to it will be easy, not to mention I'm sure that there's plenty of will-be protesters that live in Dallas. It's only an hour's drive from it. The 500 member NFAC group that just did a march in Louisville is 1/3rd of the entire town. A town that small has a token police force.

It may also be a county where the sheriff will deputize all residents. Antifa better play this very smart. Don’t mess with Texas.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This appears to be bad if the witnesses , who may or may not have been there , are truthful.
"I heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another..."
Always be cautious of those types of statements .

(REO Speedwagon)
edit on 10/5/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

so its ok for police to kill innocent americans due to (mostly) black crimnals shooting each other in chicago

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.sg...

Here is a significantly better article than the “Heavy” one.

Critical questions I now have:

1. Was the fight still going on when officers arrived? I think not, but no article I have read is clear.

2. If the fight was not going on, where is the other guy?

3. If the fight was still going on, what was the race of the other guy?

The fact that the person committing an assault here is not being identified is surprising to me. Why hasn’t any reporter asked that question?

My initial reaction is that it was a case of bad communication and mistaken identity, that goes something like this:

-call of assault comes in

-Price intervenes as the good guy

-bad guy leaves

-Price is consoling the victim

-cops show up

-Officer doesn’t know Price is not the assailant

-Officer thinks victim is in danger

-Officer gets jumpy when taser doesn’t work

-Officer shoots

But if someone has a good timeline, it would be helpful to post a link to the article.

But too be honest, after reading 5 articles, it’s clear that basic journalism is dead
edit on 5-10-2020 by SuperStudChuck because: Cleaning up the post

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm seeing a pattern here...

Big black guy at the scene of a crime, immediately assumed to be guilty, has no idea why he is assumed guilty, and is killed trying to figure it out. That fits Garner, Floyd, and now Price... and several others that I can't remember the names of atm.

That's fear.

I've seen it myself. One night my wife calls the cops while I go out back to investigate what sounds like a bunch of thieves roaming around. The cops pull up, see a big redneck (I'm 6'-2" with a full beard and long hair) standing there with a gun and let out the usual "Drop the weapon!" I do and raise both hands, standing still so they can approach and feel safe. One of them was still shaking so bad I finally told him to lower his gun or I was gonna take it away from him; I figured at that point it was going to go off whether I moved or not.

I honestly believe I would have likely been shot that night had my skin been much darker. Sad, but a fact. Many people are scared by size and skin color.

We have GOT to get police in that have enough intestinal fortitude to do the damn job! If a cop is scared of his own shadow, of course he's going to shoot first and ask questions later! If that is the case, he should not be on a police force. Period. Find another job you are suited for.

So while I do believe that racism has a role, it is not cops wanting to shoot black folk. It is cops scared of black folk. That cannot be changed overnight; after a generation or so maybe we can get back to the days when people didn't feel that way (we were already there before Obama). But what we can do right now is hire cops that are not scared of their own damn shadow.

Something else bothers me... the reports say he was tased, convulsed from the tasing, and the cop considered that convulsion a threat. Are you freakin' kidding me? This mental midget shot Price because he tased Price? What are they hiring in Wolfe City? Helpful hint: if someone's IQ is less than their waist size, maybe they shouldn't be a cop?

The whole purpose of a taser is to cause muscles to convulse... that is part and parcel of causing the electrical overload that leads to temporary paralysis. And this is not the first time something ridiculous has been performed with a taser... like demanding someone stand up while repeatedly tasing them until they die for "noncompliance."

I don't know what the answer is to this problem... we tried to get a less lethal weapon to be used instead of a gun where possible, and it is being abused terribly, too often leading to death or actual firearm use when it isn't indicated in any way. Everyone has a different reaction to a taser... it will kill someone with a heart issue, but might just irritate someone with high electrical resistance. Most people will experience a loss of muscle control as expected... but that is not a guarantee (although the cop in this case apparently considered it a problem requiring deadly force).

I want to say we need to outlaw tasers... but if we do, police will likely just start shooting. See first problem.

My condolences to the Price family. May God bless you and strengthen you in this time of sorrow.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

#RememberSmollett

No, people are reacting to you saying “it’s a bad one”.

I agree... the officer is innocent until proven guilty.

Why have you made a judgment on him?

Clearly no one should make a judgment that “it’s a bad one” if it just took place.

I’m not the OP. I was honestly mostly reacting to the fellow whose post got removed, so I won’t repeat what he said.

The story presented by OP does sound bad, though. Do you honestly not see anything wrong with it whatsoever?

The article says the officer is on paid administrative leave. Doesn’t sound like he’s being held appropriately accountable or even having to defend himself. My opinion might change as the facts change, but as of now it doesn’t look good.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Something else bothers me... the reports say he was tased, convulsed from the tasing, and the cop considered that convulsion a threat. Are you freakin' kidding me? This mental midget shot Price because he tased Price? What are they hiring in Wolfe City? Helpful hint: if someone's IQ is less than their waist size, maybe they shouldn't be a cop?

Pretty terrible story, it would appear. I wonder what a small town cop like that makes?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I really don't think I can muster up much sympathy here. If it was my husband, I'd have to seriously consider a voodoo hex or something on his remains for the stupidity.

You know, this kind of thing could be avoided by...the MYOB method. If it ain't your personal business, then just stay out of it. Especially if you're not well armed and in possession of the proverbial upper hand, providing you're not on the business end of the po-po.

A bit cold? Well yes, but I cannot fathom deciding that kind of risk is ever worth it for a stranger. I don't care if it's a woman getting slapped around, or the woman wailing on the guy, not my fight, not my problem. Definitely not worth my life for theirs. Sorry folks. It'd be nice if we were more honest with each other about it, instead of feigning outrage over a name we're going to forget by next weekend anyway. it's not a bad thing to admit, it's not evil, etc. It's just human as hell. False displays of perfection is not. Well, it is, but it's manipulative at best.
edit on 10/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Just like every job, you get people who take pride in what they do, and then there is those who just see it as " just a job".
Carelessness shows.

Police need to be trained, then trained again, and then tried even harder in stressful conflicts to break them and see who folds under pressure. It's a cold world out there and we can't have pussies running around wielding guns in public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join