It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My first thought is, it doesn't matter if it was race or not. This hsouldn't have happened to anyone. Its not only black men that are murdered by cops. Daniel Shaver is a good example.

Obama asked for dumber cops to be hired. It looks more and more like this is what has happened.

My second thought is that a learned bias is not racism. For example, i have never had a 5' tall blond attack me out of nowhere. So when I am around 5' tall blond people, Im generally at ease. Meanwhile, put me around latino men and I am pretty uptight. Despite the fact that I am pretty culturally latino, despite my white skin. I married a latina. I spend most of my time around the Texmex folks. Its not racism, its a learned bias. I have been sucker punched by an angry latino male on more than one occasion.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The ONLY insane part is in order for This story to matter at all It has to be about race .
FACT white man - woman child gets Killed By police whites Just don't care NOT me NOT my business one poster says .
As for Blacks why should they care ? If we don't then don't expect blacks to care for us .

Even with the riots the looting the FACT that BLM will spin till they Puke There are way way To many of these story's The difference NOW is we got this BIG huge BLM going and NOW finally these story's are Not just being pushed to the back page .

This KILLING being racists or not IS really Irrelevant But soon as it becomes Just another cop killing a random person No one cares . As another poster POIINTED out even WITH this Huge push we will forget the person name in a week .

IT NEEDS to be in our face lest we go back to playing xbox shrugging our shoulders .

Police should be trained MUCH MUCH more why is it no one wonders a GUY who DOES NOT KNOW THE LAWS enforces the laws ?

Really the ONLY laws a cops knows are the same laws we Know 45 mph 55 65 robbery ( well they don't know riots are crimes BUT )
Every day laws we all know . But there are 10.000 MORE and every single time a cop is faced with that he has NO CLUE what legal or not .

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

True, we do not know any names of family or friends who might have been witnesses. However, I remind you that lack of evidence is not evidence of lack. Someone called Price's mother before the crime scene was secured; she was able to get close enough to see her dead son. It makes perfect sense that the someone who called her was a relative. A relative would have her number handy and would think of her. Police would need to recover the number and locate her, plus police typically will show up to announce such news.

I'm sure there was someone running the gas station as well. They were not mentioned at all. Does that mean the gas station had no one running it?

The news would pivot to the mother of course, as that plays into the human interest side of the story. It is likely that the witness across the street was initially interviewed because she was not as distraught as friends and family likely were.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Being that it's a service station I'm sure video evidence will be available even if there was no body camera footage.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There is no doubt that some police officers are not fit for purpose. I have always said that. However I really don't know how this is a race issue. I have watched too many videos where a white male was killed for no particular reason too.
I remember them vividly and got very angry. One showed a homeless man holding a camping knife because he was mentally ill and scared, when about 7 heavily armed officers with automatic weapons just shot him dead.
I've seen others including officers getting killed by criminals. Innocent, well meaning police officers, rookies, women and noobs.
I've also seen black officers being just as quick shooting as their white counter parts. As an example I remember watching a white mentally ill and very disturbed [but not strong or dangerous] lady running around in the police station. Bam, black officer shot her dead for no reason I could see.

It ain't right that civilians and police officers have to fear for their lives. Needless to say that here in the UK less people no civilians are shot [unless they are terrorists who won't stop attacking] But our Police is still in danger.
We had two young, brilliant female officers shot by a nutter at point blank after luring them to his address. The officers were unarmed, the murderer was white.

It has nothing to do with colour, it's trigger happy wankers [on either side], in the police force, it's those who were either ex army or were not trained properly in deescalating a situation or who are literally assholes. Also they don't often recognise if they are actually in mortal danger or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I see some griping about the source. The reason I grabbed that one was it was the first one I found after hearing of the shooting on local tv news. I looked at ATS and didn’t see this being talked about so made a post. I rarely do, and certainly not about the previous cop shootings. They all seemed short on info about the victim which made me wonder their past history, and most were resisting arrest after a crime (no matter how minor the crime).
This guy immediately hit me as somebody who this should have never happened to.
I’ll wait to be proven wrong and will admit I was duped if so, but forgive me as seeing this guy as a good one if it crushes your world view. I look at these case by case and this one sucks.

Another one that didn’t make headlines happened in Fort Worth last year. A black woman called the cops about a possible intruder, she searched her house and had a pistol out, the cop shows up, looks in a window, see her and the gun, shoots her dead in her own house without saying a word. No riots, he was charged right away and fired. Like it’s suppose to work.

My contention with the source is that it’s your job as the OP to make your point. If I read your source and it doesn’t give good information, that’s on you as the OP. I should not have to dig the internet to piece together what happened. I felt your OP came to a conclusion based on that 1 source.

If it’s important enough for you to post, spend a few more minutes and add some links to aid those who know nothing about it.

No one’s worldview was crushed by your post. But we had to spend time finding sources that you as the OP should have provided, IMO. Just promise you won’t use Heavy.com as a primary source, again?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Ask yourself why when we notice a disparity in this country - not enough minorities in a position here or there, the answer is never to figure out why there aren't as many minorities and raise them up, but to lower existing standards so you can get more minorities into a position?

If you can't get more women to pass existing physical standards, you lower those physical standards because they are sexist. It doesn't matter that those physical standards might be there because a certain amount of physical ability might be needed in that position, nope! We need more women, so lower those physical standards.

Similarly, if you don't have enough POC in your position because they aren't passing the entrance exams in high enough numbers, it isn't because they aren't doing the work required to pass the exams. Nope! It's because the exams are racist, so you have to lower the requirements to pass the entrance exams, meaning you have lower quality candidates passing across the board. No one ever talks about how to raise the quality of the minority applicants taking the exams at the old standards because that might imply they aren't doing the work required to be prepared.

Or look at childhood literacy ... it isn't simply that culturally, whites and Asians value both reading and education more for their children than blacks and Latinos tend to. Nope! We have to talk about ways to decrease the disparity by robbing white and Asian parents of their chances to read to and instill a love of reading into their children so that minority children aren't left behind.

It's all about lowering everyone else to that level, never about how to improve.

And this is the natural outcome.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And so begins the race to the bottom.

Requiring standards isn't racist, it's trying to get qualified candidates.

If someone can't meet the standard then the problem is THEM, not the standard.

Of course, I am probably racist for agreeing with you in pointing this out...

Such is the world we live in today. A sad state of affairs.

edit on 5-10-2020 by BomSquad because: grammar is not my strong suit...

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jacobe001

The problem is that in going public with these stories, the press has little interest in telling the full story, only the story they want to tell.

Hence Michael Brown became a "gentle giant who was only trying to surrender and had his hands in the air" when he was really someone who had already committed one crime and beaten a shop clerk and had decided to charge the police officer in question and try to get his gun.

The first version of the story gallops around the world and touches off all manner of chaos before the truth is ever trickled out and by then you have way too many people who still persist in believing the lie.

None of it changes that Michael Brown ended up dead, of course, but the truth is that he was hardly completely blameless in his own death. Would the officer have shot him if he had acted exactly as the press first portrayed? We will never know because that isn't what actually happened.

My previous post listed white people and we know the outcomes of those.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

All these black people being murdered by police seems to be done on purpose to incite riots and mayhem and a possible civil war... someone wants it to happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'll wait to hear the whole story before making any decisions. It was claimed that Jacob Blake was also breaking up a fight which turned out to be a crock. The family always claims innocence and most of the time they aren't anywhere near the event in question. I find it quite strange that the media constantly quotes people that weren't actual witnesses. And witnesses to black people being shot tend to lie.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Should wait for the full story to come out before passing any judgement on this event.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Going to go out on a limb here and propose that this isn't getting the shock-attention that the other shootings have gotten BECAUSE he was a good guy? He doesn't come across as a thug (common theme in the ones cities have been burned over).
If Neil DeGrasse Tyson was shot why white po po, would there be riots? Me thinks not

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

Well, as I pointed out, the pattern is that big black men seem to be more the victims. I don't see many stories about police abuse with small black men. That tells me it is fear instead of racial bias.

That tells me the opposite... if it was racial, wouldn’t matter how big or small... just shoot them all.

What it tells me is that they are intimidated by people who are bigger, stronger, smarter, better, xxxx-er than them. At least in the small towns I lived, police were the kids who got no respect in school and then became bullies in blue.

We have a police problem in this country, but the race narrative is distracting from the bigger problems:

1. Drug war
2. Police dogs
3. Bully cops with no accountability
4. Ability for police to lie
5. Unclear commands and disclosure of the law

For example, We should expand Miranda to include something stated by police that they must declare as soon as a person is free to go. No more false imprisonment.

Until more details come out in this case, I’m gonna guess it is mistaken identity. Cop thought he was the criminal and not the hero. Acted too fast. Freaked out.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The usual people may have a tough time spinning this one to make the victim a horrible person who deserved it. The victim had posted previously that people shouldn't judge the police, they should base it on their own experiences.

“There were times I should have been detained for speeding, outstanding citations, outdated registration, dozing off at a red light before making it to my garage downtown Dallas after a lonnng night out,” Price said. “I’ve passed a sobriety test after leaving a bar in Wylie, Texas by 2 white cops and still let me drive to where I was headed, and by the way they consider Wylie, Texas to be VERY racist. I’ve never got that kind of ENERGY from the po-po.”
“Not saying black lives don’t matter, but don’t forget about your own, or your experiences through growth / ‘waking up,’” said Price.

Link
edit on 5-10-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
I'll wait to hear the whole story before making any decisions. It was claimed that Jacob Blake was also breaking up a fight which turned out to be a crock. The family always claims innocence and most of the time they aren't anywhere near the event in question. I find it quite strange that the media constantly quotes people that weren't actual witnesses. And witnesses to black people being shot tend to lie.

That's because family tends to circle the wagons. Some of the worst kids I had as a teacher had parents who either saw me as the problem or who talked a big game and then went on to do nothing in terms of their kids' behavior.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My oldest son teaches behaviorally challenged kids. I could write volumes on just the small window into his career that has been shared.

When we talk about voting, or any other "its your right" kind of thing, it doesn't hurt to remember that a large portion of people who exercise their rights are still just not very good people. And while i wouldn't with hold their rights, it certainly cannot stop me from observing the utter garbage they allow themselves to be.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Have you seen this yet? It starts getting super relevant around 3 mins in, at 4 mins is just what you're suggesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

And so begins the race to the bottom.

Requiring standards isn't racist, it's trying to get qualified candidates.

If someone can't meet the standard then the problem is THEM, not the standard.

Of course, I am probably racist for agreeing with you in pointing this out...

Such is the world we live in today. A sad state of affairs.

We do pick Basketball players on skill don't we?

We also do that for Hockey and Football. Swimming the same. So, the people who are talented get selected and I notice that a lot of speed goes to the black community. Ice skating seems to be a white girl thing or dainty men but Hockey has some big fella's and there is no way a woman could handle the men's game.

Swimming for some reason is not loaded with folks of African descent but that could be cultural due to the hot places in the world are chocked full of dangerous water creatures like croc's or snakes. I wouldn't go in the water in FL accept the ocean where the damn sharks are. I have thrown a fish back in the water only to see a Gator come out of nowhere and get lunch so fast I was shocked by it. Pass on Gators, the sharks are bad but less likely unless I get past the breakers.

Logic is lost on the leftist because they need to separate us into small compartments that they then manipulate. Divide and conquer.

edit on 5-10-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I hadn't seen that video actually.

She speaks the truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join