It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

Apologies on thinking you were OP. It’s late.

There may be something drastically wrong with this. Read my post above— I have questions. Basic questions journalists should be asking. I even have a supposition in the post a few up as to what may have happened.

Paid administrative leave is SOP. If I had to guess, he probably didn’t go in to work today. It’s literally what happens in 99% of all Officer involved shootings. It is part of the justice process. He and everyone on scene will be interviewed. 911 tapes reviewed. Histories looked at. A town with 3 officers would be hurting to have 1/3 of their force off the street.

Justice is a process, not an event. And it is important to preserve justice for both parties involved.

Journalists doing a horrible job hurt the cause. A good journalist would be trying to nail down the timeline of what happened, where the assailant was, whether the fight was still going on, the race of the assailant, etc.

The fact that I had to read 5 different articles to get the feel of what happened and cut through all the emotional manipulation is crazy.

Present facts.
Dig deep.
Research.
Ask questions.
Remove biases.

I am in no way convinced that this is a story about race. But if someone can answer my questions it would be helpful.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

This article reads like it was generated by an AI algorithm. Not only that, it is loaded with pure speculation and virtually zero facts othet than a biography of the deceased. Who were the witresses that have corroborated this story about how the event unfolded?? The article does not say. With zero video and no named witness to the event, everylne who reads this should not only question but investigatr further. Who owns the source of the story?? The media company may very well be linked to these think tanks attempting to stir trouble.

The very way the story is written has me questioning whether this is not simply some propoganda peice designed to stir more trouble. I will wait for the investigation , assuming there is a real investigtlation taking place. For a yone to rush to judgement right now with so little facts or corroborating witness statements is not only irresponsible, but ignirant and immature.

An underdeveloped mind will accept this story at face value and easily be influenced . a critical thinker will question the motives of this publisher.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I wonder what a small town cop like that makes?

Probably not much.

I don't consider that a defense, though. If he's not willing or able to do the job in compliance with the law and respect for his fellow citizens, his pay is irrelevant. He has other perks that go along with being a cop, perks that I have no problem with. One of those is that he gets to tote a gun and a taser around. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't be on the force in the first place.

This is at best going to mar the good names of any cops who are capable of handling their job with some restraint. I admire and respect them, and I do not like it when one scared little guy besmirches their good name. That's at best. At worse... well, we've seen how that can turn out.

I pray it doesn't this time.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Unfortunately this is the doing of the left and the msm crying wolve on just about every white on black shooting. The left is the first to draw the race card without any evidence to support such an accusation right from the gate.

Having said that anyone who suggest that they know the facts before the facts are released , clearly are a some kind of special.

This appears to look like a tragic incident but lets wait till the facts come out . Unfortunately sometimes good people do stupid things and with a cop that can be lethal.

Do people really think that fake news after fake news doesn’t change people?

I assume all initial news reports are 100% wrong.

I really don’t care how something initially looks. I care about the truth.

The fact that no one is trying to answer my questions is concerning that people react based off of emotion instead of trying to figure out what happened first.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

I've been looking up stories on this shooting independently since seeing the thread. Here's what i am gathering from multiple sources, including one from WFAA 8 in Dallas

Was his family there?

It appears some family members and friends were there with him. Reports are that Price was a well-liked, sociable fellow who I assume was out on the town with family and friends. His mother was apparently not at the scene when the shooting happened, but arrived when she found out. She was prevented from seeing her son.

If they are not witnesses, what reason are they in the story?

Apparently there were plenty of witnesses, including some of Price's family and friends.

Was he shot for going to those schools?

If you want answers to questions, please ensure that your questions are worthy of answers. This was obviously human interest filler in a story with few details at the time.

So Price said he has never been racially profiled. Why would we believe it suddenly started yesterday?

Why would we believe he was not profiled in this case? Do you need a pattern to believe someone made a horrible mistake?

I will agree that reports in this story are far from ideal. However, it is a breaking story, not a made-for-TV movie. Details are sometimes slow to come out; that does not mean initial reports are false.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Your are reading what yoy want to read. Nowhere in The article does it say his family or friends were present to the event. It simply quotes them as saying this is what happened. The only individual named as a witness was across the street and crossed the road after he heard the shots to find out what occused. His only statement was identifying the victim after he arrived to find out more.

Not one person actually present to the event is named, only second hand testimony from friends and relatives.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: vonclod

I wonder what a small town cop like that makes?

Probably not much.

I don't consider that a defense, though. If he's not willing or able to do the job in compliance with the law and respect for his fellow citizens, his pay is irrelevant. He has other perks that go along with being a cop, perks that I have no problem with. One of those is that he gets to tote a gun and a taser around. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't be on the force in the first place.

This is at best going to mar the good names of any cops who are capable of handling their job with some restraint. I admire and respect them, and I do not like it when one scared little guy besmirches their good name. That's at best. At worse... well, we've seen how that can turn out.

I pray it doesn't this time.

TheRedneck

Oh, I agree with you, no defence!

I have read previously the pay can be pretty low, you will probably never attract the best and brightest. Or they don't stay for long. I think better training is needed..I wonder if this cop got any?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I want to hear about white people and other races being shot by police not just black people.

Since when have they become special? Have black people become priviledged?

Like I said, what about the other races being shot? Why don't they count?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I want to hear about white people and other races being shot by police not just black people.

Since when have they become special? Have black people become priviledged?

Like I said, what about the other races being shot? Why don't they count?

Hispanic guy with a shovel was shot dead recently. No major national coverage other than webcrawlers picking it up. No riots.

nbc-2.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I see no evidence that he was profiled here. But I just don’t have the facts I need. Thanks for the article. It takes time to sort this stuff out. It’s possible the officer is in the wrong, but for reasons other than race.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Let's break it down with the regional CBS affiliate you found.
Statement:

Friends and family of the man killed, Jonathan Price, said he was trying to intervene in a domestic violence situation before he was killed

No situational description as to where or who these relatives are in relation to the scene of the incident. However we do get named friend and relative further down. Let's analyze these reports.

Relative:

Marcella Louis was in bed when she got the call about the shooting. She rushed to the gas station to get near her son. 

Named witness not at the scene. Next, the friend or acquaidance:

Kyla sanders was at a stors across the street.

Strangely enough the arricle is no longer allowing me to copy the text from my device. Either way kyla was not witness to the incident and only arrived after the shots were fired which were why the name turned around and proceeded to go to the scene of a shooting and recognized the victim.

I have texted the baseball player on twitter to see if they will name the individual who alleged and testified to the entire scene. We will see where that gets us.

Frankly it seems like one of those generated stories created by an AI to influence targeted populations. Seems to be working as people are charging in without a thorough questioning of the way the article is written. Its quite misleading, almost intentionally so in a way thats gets people riled up for two minutes hate withiutball the facts.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
...it's a bad one?

Curious, I went out and looked over all the usual suspects for MSM reporting. I expected this story to be splattered all over the headlines by the relentless pot-stirring media trying to fuel racial hate and violence. Here's what I found:

FOX - Nothing
CNN - Nothing
MSNBC - Nothing
CNBC - Nothing
NPR - Nothing

Now, mind you, I was looking at headlines and front pages. I'm sure if I dug some I could find the story, but the point here is, to my surprise; this story wasn't the top story (or anywhere close).

Then I turned to local Texas news:

Dallas Morning News - 2nd story on front page
Dallas FOX 4 - Headline story
NBCDFW - 2nd story on front page

All of the Dallas local news stories pretty much had the same title ..."Wolfe City police officer on leave after shooting, Rangers investigating"

No major point here other than to say what I found searching news sources at 4am this morning (local time), for those trying to gauge national impact of this event, and just how 'bad' this event is.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Something else bothers me... the reports say he was tased, convulsed from the tasing, and the cop considered that convulsion a threat. Are you freakin' kidding me? This mental midget shot Price because he tased Price? What are they hiring in Wolfe City? Helpful hint: if someone's IQ is less than their waist size, maybe they shouldn't be a cop?

Let's rewind to 2011 when the DOJ under Obama/Lynch!

DOJ Forces Cities to Lower Police Exam Standards to Aid Minority Applicants

You can bet your ass if they made the written test easier, they most likely dumbed down the training aspect of being a cop too.....

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I think we should burn down another city, that's the answer. Sarcasm off. Or we could let the legal system handle it, like we do when white people are shot and killed by police.

Burning down cities is not the answer but going public and viral with these stories has helped.
We trusted the police, to police themselves and they failed in that department.
Since going public, they have been charged in cases like this and they would not have been otherwise.

There are worse cases out there where nothing was ever done.

Fouad Kaddy had third degree burns over his entire body and was tasered and then executed and nothing was done to the cops because it never went viral.

Daniel Shaver was gunned down like a dog whimpering for his life and nothing was ever done to the cops because it never went viral.

Ryan Whitaker was gunned down in his own home and nothing was ever done to the cops because it never went viral.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Not justifying any violence, but the legal system hasnt always been great in persecuting cops who go way over the line.
I think people are tired of cops abusing rights and nothing happening to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was just pointing out that it's interesting that they can count on this happening almost every two weeks to keep the narrative, the protests, and the racial divide going.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Your first answer about a black person being shot, is what about white people?

You got a klan meeting to go to sometime?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hey, great! Let's the give the campers at KC City Hall another name to add their grievance list in trying to oust our police chief.

There was a huge brawl and the business owner called the cops to remove the people as none of them were buying anything, just fighting. When the cops showed, a man tried to stop them and others got in the way forcibly impeding the police in removing the problem. One of them was a pregnant women, and she got arrested. Someone took video of them arresting her and her resisting, and now activists here are outraged over it.

They're swearing they will camp out at city hall until they police chief and arresting officer are fired (pro-tip, no one at city hall has that authority; half the money is divested from the police to the black community; etc.). So since the mayor has not simply ordered them to be removed or arrested yet for trespassing and illegaling demonstrating without a permit, we may be looking at a CHAZ/CHOP or Occupy encampment in our downtown.

This will just add more fuel to that fire if it goes national.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Your first answer about a black person being shot, is what about white people?

You got a klan meeting to go to sometime?

Well? Are you thinking blacks are the only ones who get shot and/or improperly treated by the cops?

Justice wears a blindfold for a reason, and it's not because you're so ugly she can't stand to look at you.

edit on 5-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The problem is that in going public with these stories, the press has little interest in telling the full story, only the story they want to tell.

Hence Michael Brown became a "gentle giant who was only trying to surrender and had his hands in the air" when he was really someone who had already committed one crime and beaten a shop clerk and had decided to charge the police officer in question and try to get his gun.

The first version of the story gallops around the world and touches off all manner of chaos before the truth is ever trickled out and by then you have way too many people who still persist in believing the lie.

None of it changes that Michael Brown ended up dead, of course, but the truth is that he was hardly completely blameless in his own death. Would the officer have shot him if he had acted exactly as the press first portrayed? We will never know because that isn't what actually happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join