It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man shot by Police, it’s a bad one

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
heavy.com...

Wolfe City, Texas About 70 miles north of Dallas

Johnathan Price was tased then shot to death today 10/04/2020

*Merritt said on Facebook Price, “noticed a man assaulting a woman and he intervened. When police arrived, I’m told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on. Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they ‘perceived a threat’ and shot him to death.” *

I know many of these can be argued that they were past criminals or resisted arrest, but this appears to be a really good guy. Everybody questioned by reporters called him a pillar of the community.

I hope this cop gets what he deserves instead of burning the town down because of an idiot bad cop.
This is one of those, that every moral human will say, yep, that was very wrong. I have seen cops show incredible restrain in really bad situations. It really makes you wonder what this cop was thinking.

edit on 4-10-2020 by TexasTruth because: Article tag

edit on 4-10-2020 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I'm just glad there is another story like this in order to eat everyone's brain. Eat, f**%, whatever you want to call it. Good to be back on track!

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Too bad they’ll burn the city down before we get all the details...

(post by WUNK22 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+26 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think we should burn down another city, that's the answer. Sarcasm off. Or we could let the legal system handle it, like we do when white people are shot and killed by police.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I think we should burn down another city, that's the answer. Sarcasm off. Or we could let the legal system handle it, like we do when white people are shot and killed by police.

Racist!!!

/sarcasm

At this point in our society, the left doesn't use the legal system anymore.

Except to let free burners, looters, murderers so that they can do the same thing again.

For the cause!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
heavy.com...

*Merritt said on Facebook Price, “noticed a man assaulting a woman and he intervened. When police arrived, I’m told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on. Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they ‘perceived a threat’ and shot him to death.” *

I know many of these can be argued that they were past criminals or resisted arrest, but this appears to be a really good guy. Everybody questioned by reporters called him a pillar of the community.

I hope this cop gets what he deserves instead of burning the town down because of an idiot bad cop.
This is one of those, that every moral human will say, yep, that was very wrong. I have seen cops show incredible restrain in really bad situations. It really makes you wonder what this cop was thinking.

If this is what went down, then it is tragic and the police should be charged with killing him and put into prison. With all the twisting of information that is going on, I am not going to believe this till I see something official that shows the account of what happened. Too much lies these days, I won't rush to judge and will let the legal system take care of this, they have all the evidence. Half the people they make Marters of are criminals, they resisted arrest and were doing something bad, the problem is legally the police cannot release evidence to the public until after the trials or lawsuits are done because it may make jurors partial and jeopardize the legal case if they already formed an opinion from released evidence to the public.. We got problems.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Where the cops wearing a video cam ?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

What a crappy assumption to make. It really wouldn't hurt you to read the article even if it did challenge your worldview.
edit on 10/4/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Some absolutely sickening comments already, but I should’ve expected no less.

By the way, even IF “hE wAs nO aNGeL” that doesn’t sentence you to be shot dead in the middle of the street like a damn dog.
edit on 4-10-2020 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Problem is everyone is being directed to only focus on racism by the democrats and the MSM.

There are issues with the police and racism is likely the least significant cause of the deaths,hence the issue still exist and isnt being addressed.

They care more about exploiting the minority communities then actually identifing and focusing on the REAL issues to fix it.

This shooting is no different . There are very little facts or information on the whole event and the mans color is already of significance. Had he been white not a single mention by the MSM or the democrats despite the underlayment cause that lead to the killing is likely not color of skin related.[

Its very interesting neither the left or the MSM ever explores the possiblity that maybe the real issues are not color related, especially since whites get killed more often then blacks based on fbi stats*, but goes un noticed by msm and the dnc.

* the lefts argument is bogus to dismiss the fbi stats because there are more whites. It makes no difference that there are more whites because what is relevant is how many whites vs blacks have interactions with the police and how many of them get killed. As far as i know that break down doesnt exist but for the lefts argument to stand it would require that more whites have far more interactions with the police. Which cuts another hole in their argument.

edit on 561031America/ChicagoSun, 04 Oct 2020 23:56:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Honestly don’t care.

Literally, BLM is ducking crazy racist,they moved so far away MLK judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
Absolutely sickening comments already, but I should’ve expected no less.

You presented one side of the story. If you want balanced comments, present both sides of the story.

#RememberSmollett

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
heavy.com...

Thanks
Spreading this to other message boards as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hope the cop had a body cam.
This loss of life is inexcusable.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

Texas Rangers are investigating.
That is quick, and a very good turn.

edit on 4/10/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Were the cops wearing a video cam ?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperStudChuck

originally posted by: solarjetman
Absolutely sickening comments already, but I should’ve expected no less.

You presented one side of the story. If you want balanced comments, present both sides of the story.

#RememberSmollett

I’m reacting to people who are ALREADY assuming this guy was some sort of criminal or obviously did something wrong. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Clearly no one can present both sides if the event just took place?

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Happens just about every 2 weeks right?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You want real commentary:

“ Price’s family says the 31-year-old city was breaking up a fight between a man and a woman before officers arrived, according to attorney Lee Merritt”

Was his family there? Story doesn’t say. Bad journalism.

If they are not witnesses, what reason are they in the story?

“ Price’s Family Says He ‘Raised His Hands’ & Was Trying to Explain What Was Going On Before He Was Was Hit With a Taser & Was Shot to Death When Police ‘Perceived a Threat,’ According to Their Lawyer”

The lawyer said that the family said that someone who was a witness said that they saw Price raise his hands.

This piece reads like the lawyer wrote it.

“ Price Graduated From Wolfe City High School Before Studying at Sam Houston State University & Hardin-Simmons University & Then Returned to His HometowN”

Was he shot for going to those schools? If not, what does this have to do with this particular event?

“ Price would have turned 32 on November 3. In June, Price wrote on Facebook about tension around race and police. He said, “There were times i should have been detained for speeding, outstanding citations, out dated registration, dozing off at a red light before making it to my garage downtown Dallas after a lonnng night out i’ve passed a sobriety test after leaving a bar in Wylie, Texas by 2 white cops and still let me drive to where I was headed, and by the way they consider Wylie, Texas to be VERY racist I’ve never got that kind of ENERGY from the po-po.””

So Price said he has never been racially profiled. Why would we believe it suddenly started yesterday?

“ Former MLB Player Will Middlebrooks Says Price Was His Childhood Friend & Says Price’s Shooting Death Was ‘Purely an Act of Racism’”

Cool to know that baseball players know people’s motivations. Mr. Middlebrooks should go straight to the Supreme Court over ACB.

“ The Texas Rangers Are Leading the Investigation & Few Details Have Been Released by Officials”

As usual, the most important details buried deep within the article. Point 5 should be point #1.

“ The Texas Rangers said in a statement Sunday, “At the request of the Wolfe City Police Department, Texas Rangers have been requested to investigate an officer involved shooting.” The statewide police agency is part of the Texas Department of Public Safety and has often been tasked with conducting independent investigations into police shootings.”

There are 3 officers in the town. They immediately outsourced the investigation to avoid any impropriety. Departments don’t release immediate details due to the legal process.

It was a tragedy.
The article you posted was a horrible piece of journalism.
Investigations take time.
People are tired of “boy calling wolf” syndrome.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
When will our society realize that we need to train these folks.

A lawyer goes to school for 6 plus years, passes a bar exam and spends some years as an apprentice to obtain the right of passage to practice law.

A judge is typically an appointed seasoned lawyer why demonstrates abilities beyond the typical lawyer.

The best trained Police officer has attended less than a year training to enforce what takes years to practice and much more to judge.

Untill the issue of training and better pay is addressed these occurrences will continue to occur. Right now anyone that chooses to continue carrying the badge under the current circumstances either lacks ability to find employment issues, has dark intent, or are pure cotrol freaks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join